Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
South Korea have never been in a lockdown, nor ever closed their borders. The BBC rarely report what is happening here correctly. Lots of visas are restricted though. Pretty sure only the US and UK are easily allowed tourist visas into Korea at the moment. Student visas have been majorly restricted (as university classes are currently online ... and there is no point in being in the country if your course is online .. Jade!!))
No no no, you forget, it’s Jade, she can do whatever she likes!!! ✨✨

Reactions: 8
No no no, you forget, it’s Jade, she can do whatever she likes!!! ✨✨
I can honestly see Minerva telling them to get tourist visas. None of their teaching is actually in person, nor does Minerva have an actual school building - essentially they're just travel guides under the cover of education

Reactions: 19
I can honestly see Minerva telling them to get tourist visas. None of their teaching is actually in person, nor does Minerva have an actual school building - essentially they're just travel guides under the cover of education
good point though- surely student visas are dependant on the university actually being in the country. Also... they stay in each country for about three months- the usual length of a tourist visa

Reactions: 8
You can't get a student visa in the US for an online program (which is why Trump tried to deport all international students after universities shut down because of covid). So they probably play on the fact that they have a ''campus''

Reactions: 3
good point though- surely student visas are dependant on the university actually being in the country. Also... they stay in each country for about three months- the usual length of a tourist visa
i'm not sure about SK but to get a student visa to study abroad in France last Fall you had to prove you were attending a university in the country so unless they have some documents from a partner university in SK i'm sure they'd be going on tourist visas

Reactions: 3
Hahahahahahaha karma is a witch, isnt it Jade? I honestly don’t feel the slightest bit sorry for her. She made that stupid decision to go ✨travelling✨during a global pandemic when you could have easily done it at home because the scam ✨university✨ is all online, meanwhile millions of others are making sacrifices to save lives and keep each other safe, while she is prancing around country to country in the name of ✨casual magic✨???

Serves her right. Maybe by spending Christmas alone it’ll make her realise what millions of people across the world are going through/have been going through for the past year. She is an entitled selfish woman-child and I hope this is a reality check for her.

Another point, for someone apparently so smart and clever, she really does lack common sense😭😂 maybe if she kept up to date with the news and if she was as worldly wise and enlightened and she makes herself out to be, she would realise that cases are rising in the UK, and that she should have came home as soon as possible. Surely if she gave a damn she would be checking updates regularly?? Nah not Jade she’s too busy crossing borders for a quick shag 😭

don’t envy her at all. She really doesn’t give a tit does she🙄 she cares about other humans as much as her MLM ✨boss babe✨ dad does......

Reactions: 19
I think maybe Jade actually could be in a good position here. If South Korea do ban flights entering from the UK .. she is fine, she’ll be flying in from Germany now.

Maybe she did this on purpose?

Reactions: 6
I wonder how her family feels about this, they seem to be really close. I know mine would be quite upset if I pulled something like this.

Reactions: 13
With cases rising in multiple countries across the world it’s just selfish idiocy to go flying around travelling as normal unless you absolutely have to.

In another timeline, Jade would be halfway through getting a real degree at Bristol and she’d be going home to see her family at Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The thing is, you know she won't learn from this. We're just going to get an ✨inspirational✨ video after Christmas about how she spent Christmas alone and it taught her to love herself or some tit like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jade is literally just the type of person to stick inspirational post it notes on her wall and think her mental health will flourish for it. She’s not particularly in touch with reality in my opinion, as much as she preaches she is. I think the fact she’s constantly preaching to everyone about growth, optimism, mental health, self love etc is the reason why I feel she’s just not with it. Someone who feels truly comfortable in themselves won’t feel the need to preach that all over social media for validation.

Reactions: 15
I think maybe Jade actually could be in a good position here. If South Korea do ban flights entering from the UK .. she is fine, she’ll be flying in from Germany now.

Maybe she did this on purpose?
I feel like the fact she's travelling on a British passport will be a hindrance- oh wait, she's probably using her Dutch passport which she somehow managed to get within a space of three weeks. I remember this clearly because I am also trying to get dual citizenship for another European country and I know the process takes at least months if not years, so the fact she managed to get it done in three weeks was extremely suspicious.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I feel like the fact she's travelling on a British passport will be a hindrance- oh wait, she's probably using her Dutch passport which she somehow managed to get within a space of three weeks. I remember this clearly because I am also trying to get dual citizenship for another European country and I know the process takes at least months if not years, so the fact she managed to get it done in three weeks was extremely suspicious.
Jade already has a Dutch passport - I think she got it before she started her first term at Minerva in SF?

I remember her showing herself going to the Dutch Embassy in London

Reactions: 2
Jade already has a Dutch passport - I think she got it before she started her first term at Minerva in SF?

I remember her showing herself going to the Dutch Embassy in London
yeah I remember also, she vlogged the process on her ig stories, she showed her first visit to the dutch embassy in London and then about three weeks later showed her dutch passport

Reactions: 5
So I had a dig around and the students actually do have to get F-1 visas (the student visa in the US) and they hold it for the entire 4 years. The ban on student visas for international students taking online programs only came about in June and only applies to new students (I think!), so it wouldn't have affected the existing students at Minerva. I guess we'll see what it'll mean for the new Minerva students next year if the rule is still in place.

And on that Minerva Quest site a lot of the students talk about the application process for applying for student visas in the various countries. But it does seem that they have to get that student visa in quite convoluted and creative ways, e.g. in South Korea they have to enrol in a South Korean university even though they'll be studying at Minerva. And the students have to do this all themselves which seems so stressful.

• Wow
Please excuse my ignorance, but why exactly did Jade get a Dutch passport?

Again, the answer might be very obvious and I apologize.

Reactions: 1
Please excuse my ignorance, but why exactly did Jade get a Dutch passport?
Again, the answer might be very obvious and I apologize.
Maybe because of Brexit? She wasn’t supposed to be in Berlin this semester, so I assume it’s for that? Or for all the traveling she wanted to do. Or maybe not, don’t think she has a grasp of what’s going around in the world/EU

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.