Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This. What did you think has been happening Jade? The blind faith that the world will simply cooperate is unbelievable to me.
I have been thinking about it and I really think this ties in with the mindset she probably has that "the virus isn't as bad as people say" , hence her touristing around berlin when she arrived instead of quarantining

Yeah I'm surprised she didn't go home as soon as she was allowed, it seems other Minerva students were leaving over a week ago.

Then again, she is probably realising going home could have prevented her from going to South Korea... so lucky for her but unfortunate for us who will be subjected to her cultural fetishisation.
I really think South Korea will close their borders, they have dealt with the virus very well I don't think they would want to risk it

Reactions: 13
I really think South Korea will close their borders, they have dealt with the virus very well I don't think they would want to risk it
South Korea is actually currently facing rising rates right now with about 1000 new cases a day and Seoul barely having any hospital beds left, so I very genuinely would not be surprised if they went into lockdown again.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
South Korea is actually currently facing rising rates right now with about 1000 new cases a day and Seoul barely having any hospital beds left, so I very genuinely would not be surprised if they went into lockdown again.
omg! was not aware of this, okay I will re-phrase, they WERE doing very well. I assume it is now even more probable they will close borders and for their sake I hope they do not let irresponsible Minerva students in tbh

Reactions: 5
I can already see Jade’s all-lowercase, ending with a full stop, instagram story captions when this happens and she realizes she will not be let in.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
omg! was not aware of this, okay I will re-phrase, they WERE doing very well. I assume it is now even more probable they will close borders and for their sake I hope they do not let irresponsible Minerva students in tbh
Yeah, it's a very different situation where their first two waves were caused by super spreader events and this appears to be familial spread, but I would fully support them locking down purely to duck Jade over.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
if she was supposed to be going home today (4 days before christmas), was she not planning on quarantining once she arrived in the UK? as far as i know germany isn’t on the travel corridor, and even the test and release scheme requires you to self isolate for 5 days before you can take the test... i’m so tired of influencers. sure, they’re not the only ones breaking the rules, but at least don’t flaunt it on social media!!

Reactions: 27
I don't feel bad for her- she had the chance to go home but she decided to do the most irresponsible thing she possibly could and went to Switzerland instead whilst all the other Minerva students were going home. I feel bad for the people in Tier 4 who have had an awful year, potentially having been furloughed and are struggling financially, or who work in the NHS and have had probably the most stressful year of their careers, some who are living with PTSD after treating Covid patients, all of these people who followed the rules all year and now have to spend Christmas by themselves. Jade has had an amazing year, due to her doing the morally wrong thing by travelling to Germany and then Switzerland, and she HAD THE CHOICE to go home to her family but went to another country whilst Germany was in lockdown instead. I'm sorry I can't feel sorry for her when it was her selfish decision that has resulted in her staying home. I'm so tired of studytubers.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She probably thought she could just quarantine over Christmas if she needed to. Didn’t give a single thought as to whether it’s responsible to travel all over the place during a global pandemic. All she cares about is the Instagram likes and the thumbs ups on YouTube.

Reactions: 8
Somebody should send a link to her channel to the Korean embassy as a reason they should lock down again

• Haha
Prepare yourselves for a ✨diverse✨ Christmas Day vlog with ✨diverse✨ traditions thanks to her ✨diverse✨ flatmates.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Gosh, she’s such a lunatic!!
How could she think travelling back to the uk 4 days before Christmas would work? Rules are changing ever so quicky, this was a very predictable outcome tbh

Reactions: 10
pretty sure her bf is from Berlin/lives there? so highly unlikely Christmas will be so horrendous for her.

Reactions: 4
yeah I really don't feel bad for her. she chose to travel to another country instead of going straight home. even she couldn't predict this new strain, cases were getting worse and worse in both the UK and Germany so I would have been scared for the last month of the borders closing

Reactions: 19
Jade reminds me of an international student from New Zealand who just used me so she wouldn't be alone. She refused to buy things at cafes and always stole food from the dining hall. I'd always get food for myself when we went out because I didn't want to be hungry and she had the audacity to ask me for my food. This girl had money! Lol. I also remember her being genuinely shocked when I said I was Mexican. She said, "Oh, but you're so light. You don't look Mexican!" I even let her stay in my dorm when she found a mouse in hers. When she was about to leave, she completely ignored me and never said thank you. She didn't post one picture of me on her Instagram, but she posted one of another wealthy (white) student whom she barely knew. So, I can confirm that these rich students do not really care about diversity. They just pretend they do because it inflates their ego. But they never really treat you like a person; they just fetishize you.

I would have sympathy for her spending the holidays alone if she were doing it to be socially responsible, not because she jetted off on a lovers trip to switzerland as things continued to worsen. I’m spending Christmas at home instead of visiting my boyfriend (which I am legally allowed to do) because I don’t want to be a spreader since I go into work every day. She’s just in a privileged bubble right now. I kind of hope it pops at some point and she gets a reality check that she isn’t some super special exception just because she’s rich and white.

Reactions: 15
South Korea have never been in a lockdown, nor ever closed their borders. The BBC rarely report what is happening here correctly. Lots of visas are restricted though. Pretty sure only the US and UK are easily allowed tourist visas into Korea at the moment. Student visas have been majorly restricted (as university classes are currently online ... and there is no point in being in the country if your course is online .. Jade!!))

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.