Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just watched the new video, genuinely think she might be stoned. I really can’t imagine her talking like this sober, she sounds exactly like a stoner

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I used to look at Jade and wish I had been that confident at her age. Now I just feel bad for her because she’s embarrassing herself. Literally anything can be classified as 'casual magic' in Jade's world.
I usually save up a few of her ✨casual magic✨ era videos to watch when I’m high, I utterly love zoning out to her ridiculous ramblings and perspectives on life.

It makes me feel so much better about myself and my life choices 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Also Jade is deleting comments off Instagram posts. I saw one on her most recent post which went something along the lines of ‘it’s the travelling to Switzerland during a hard lockdown for me’ and it’s no longer there. Did it just ✨casually magically✨ disappear???

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Also Jade is deleting comments off Instagram posts. I saw one on her most recent post which went something along the lines of ‘it’s the travelling to Switzerland during a hard lockdown for me’ and it’s no longer there. Did it just ✨casually magically✨ disappear???
One got deleted. But I saw two others that are still there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
But what bothers me for real is her climate hypocrisy. Yes, I have followed her response about this.
These are from her video: My FIRST WEEK at US University!! British Gal Moves to San Francisco Minerva Vlog 🌎

View attachment 354125
3 hour talk on how to approach government officials? definitely not a good reason to fly so much, she could watch something like that on youtube from home. Also she definitely didn't know in advance about it, this is a retrospective
This makes even less sense when she is constantly promoting how BRILLIANT Minerva’s online learning platform is and how it can be done from anywhere in the world... there is no need for the long haul flights, she could be listening to the exact same talks from England.

Reactions: 11
I usually save up a few of her ✨casual magic✨ era videos to watch when I’m high, I utterly love zoning out to her ridiculous ramblings and perspectives on life.

It makes me feel so much better about myself and my life choices 🤣
I am so doing this when I have the place to myself next! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I unsubscribed last year when she first started school at Minerva and...just reading through this thread, I'm glad I did. She's not an authentic person and her enthusiasm always rubbed me the wrong way. Also, the way she always acts like her weird alternative school is the first to demand rigor and hard work from its students is ridiculous. She really thinks that she's the first person to ever experience things deeply. It's like she thinks that she's the main character and everyone else is just there to follow her along! Lol. I've noticed that a lot of these studytubers come from very privileged and sheltered backgrounds and it's sad that they're the ones making money! They literally make money from fooling their subscribers that abstract concepts like "casual magic" will help them achieve their academic goals when really these people are just born into wealth and whiteness. Lmao.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I unsubscribed last year when she first started school at Minerva and...just reading through this thread, I'm glad I did. She's not an authentic person and her enthusiasm always rubbed me the wrong way. Also, the way she always acts like her weird alternative school is the first to demand rigor and hard work from its students is ridiculous. She really thinks that she's the first person to ever experience things deeply. It's like she thinks that she's the main character and everyone else is just there to follow her along! Lol. I've noticed that a lot of these studytubers come from very privileged and sheltered backgrounds and it's sad that they're the ones making money! They literally make money from fooling their subscribers that abstract concepts like "casual magic" will help them achieve their academic goals when really these people are just born into wealth and whiteness. Lmao.
The bit about her being the main character is SO true! I feel like she's never learned empathy at all, even a lot of her charity work comes across as 'That's bad for them but at least it's not me!'. If they remade 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' this year, Jade would probably be the first in line to sing on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Her “why I wish I didn’t get all A*s at GCSE and A Level” video just came up in my recommended- I completely forgot all about this strange video in which she deems an “A” grade a failure. This is another example of her trying to provide an edgy unique perspective and it completely coming across in the wrong way because she doesn’t recognise her privilege. She got all A*s because yes she works hard but also because she was in a very privileged position- I got similarly high grades in my GCSEs (number system though) and the next year I got a B in Latin AS which I was so happy with because I only had one 50 minute lesson a week because my school couldn’t afford for us to do Latin full time. The message of the video is “value the work you put in and be happy with lower grades” but how can she say that when she never got a grade that wasn’t an A*? It’s the same complete lack of awareness that we still see now, her thinking that everyone can find casual magic in their lives when it’s so easy for her to say when she’s living a perfect life travelling the world whilst so many people are struggling back at home.

Reactions: 18
So do we know what Jade will be doing for Christmas? Are flights into the U.K. from Germany stopped? I know they are the other way.

I think the flights are allowed but it’s unlikely any of the airlines are going to fly here when they’d have to fly an empty plane back? So looks like she’ll be stuck there?

Reactions: 5
Was the plan for her to come back to the UK though? I'm surprised she never mentioned it. Also, is she in Berlin next term too?

Reactions: 1
Was the plan for her to come back to the UK though? I'm surprised she never mentioned it. Also, is she in Berlin next term too?
She is going to South Korea at some point, I assumed she was going next term.

Even if flights are still going from Germany -> UK I don't think she'll go back now because more and more countries are banning flights from the UK. Given how seriously South Korea has taken the pandemic I'd assume they will also be announcing a ban on UK travellers pretty soon in line with other countries. So would make more sense for her to stay in Germany and go straight from there.

Reactions: 9
She is going to South Korea at some point, I assumed she was going next term.

Even if flights are still going from Germany -> UK I don't think she'll go back now because more and more countries are banning flights from the UK. Given how seriously South Korea has taken the pandemic I'd assume they will also be announcing a ban on UK travellers pretty soon in line with other countries. So would make more sense for her to stay in Germany and go straight from there.
I was surprised to hear that she was going to South Korea still in January when it was cancelled in September because of covid when the situation is so much worse now than it was in september. The pandemic has made minerva a disaster, but I feel like they are prioritising keeping up their reputation over safety

Reactions: 16
I was surprised to hear that she was going to South Korea still in January when it was cancelled in September because of covid when the situation is so much worse now than it was in september. The pandemic has made minerva a disaster, but I feel like they are prioritising keeping up their reputation over safety
yeah I would be really surprised if South Korea doesn't start banning flights from certain places very soon, I had assumed Jade would go back to the UK as it is usual for most young people/students to go back to family for xmas but I assume she won't be able to now. I wonder what her housemates are doing?

Reactions: 6
yeah I would be really surprised if South Korea doesn't start banning flights from certain places very soon, I had assumed Jade would go back to the UK as it is usual for most young people/students to go back to family for xmas but I assume she won't be able to now. I wonder what her housemates are doing?
I assumed they were either l staying in Berlin or going somewhere else, they won’t be able to just go back to Brazil, it’s too risky. I assumed jade would be doing the same due to potentially not getting back into Europe

Reactions: 1
I think the flights are allowed but it’s unlikely any of the airlines are going to fly here when they’d have to fly an empty plane back? So looks like she’ll be stuck there?
At the moment they seem to have only banned flights arriving from the UK, but I agree they would probably reduce flights too.

Her “why I wish I didn’t get all A*s at GCSE and A Level” video just came up in my recommended- I completely forgot all about this strange video in which she deems an “A” grade a failure. This is another example of her trying to provide an edgy unique perspective and it completely coming across in the wrong way because she doesn’t recognise her privilege. She got all A*s because yes she works hard but also because she was in a very privileged position- I got similarly high grades in my GCSEs (number system though) and the next year I got a B in Latin AS which I was so happy with because I only had one 50 minute lesson a week because my school couldn’t afford for us to do Latin full time. The message of the video is “value the work you put in and be happy with lower grades” but how can she say that when she never got a grade that wasn’t an A*? It’s the same complete lack of awareness that we still see now, her thinking that everyone can find casual magic in their lives when it’s so easy for her to say when she’s living a perfect life travelling the world whilst so many people are struggling back at home.
I wonder if this is why she's having difficulty getting over the Oxford rejection. With education, she has had massive privilege and was probably told by the teachers that she had a good shot at Oxford. She worked hard, but working for grades isn't as hard as working for other stuff in life, and she probably overall expected it all to be easy because people told her it she could get it, and because she's never considered that essentially memorising information and applying it isn't the same as getting interviewed by people looking for very specific people.

I think overall the sad thing is that she could have learnt a lot by attending any other university, and may have been grounded by meeting people who never had the privilege in education - and therefore had to work harder to get the same grades she did.

Reactions: 9
so now we know she was meant to be flying home today- the fact she left it so late to have more time to go to Switzerland or whatever is just ridiculous. You can't cut it this fine in a pandemic when we know travel restrictions change with zero warning

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.