Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahh, don’t forget that Minerva do a Master’s especially for Minerva students ... 😉
I feel like she would try to get into Oxbridge for a masters but I can see how Minerva would be the 'natural' choice.

Reactions: 4
the one or two comments that are trying to defend her suggest that minerva is a uni “oriented to the world of work”. My (traditional RG) uni had a career zone which had employability workshops where you could work on your CV and cover letters, do mock interviews, speak to an employability counsellor about your job search... all Minerva seem to do is get you an internship without even teaching you to write a proper cover letter.

Reactions: 23
the one or two comments that are trying to defend her suggest that minerva is a uni “oriented to the world of work”. My (traditional RG) uni had a career zone which had employability workshops where you could work on your CV and cover letters, do mock interviews, speak to an employability counsellor about your job search... all Minerva seem to do is get you an internship without even teaching you to write a proper cover letter.
I can’t speak for the States but if any UK employer behaved like Minerva they’d be in trouble. No diversity in the employees or accommodation for disability? Firing staff for illness? Making staff work at ridiculous hours? An overcrowded and unacceptable working environment? Let’s give ACAS a call and see how we go ...

Christ knows what kind of neo-liberal hellscape they’re preparing people to work in but calling Minerva ‘oriented to the world of work’ makes me want to weep.

Reactions: 29
How can people be saying Minerva prepares you for the world of work? In what world would you be fired from your job for being ill for 3 days? In what world would your job exploit you and put you through working compulsory hours until 1am??? Delusional.

Reactions: 22
How can people be saying Minerva prepares you for the world of work? In what world would you be fired from your job for being ill for 3 days? In what world would your job exploit you and put you through working compulsory hours until 1am??? Delusional.
a dystopian future in which workers have no rights, which is does seem we are heading towards. honestly it reminds me of the rabbit hole I have fallen down on youtube recently about the declining middle class in the US and the growing wealth inequality.

Reactions: 12
Exactly. We had an internship portal on the uni's website to advertise them, we had careers counsellors, we had careers fairs. I think these sorts of things are standard for real unis, which Minerva definitely isn't setting them up for.

Reactions: 4
Exactly. We had an internship portal on the uni's website to advertise them, we had careers counsellors, we had careers fairs. I think these sorts of things are standard for real unis, which Minerva definitely isn't setting them up for.
I think the difference is Minerva will just get their students jobs through nepotism tbh. I taught at a private uni in the UK (pretty unusual here) but they had amazing post uni employment stats as they either - had contacts from the uni/their parents owned businesses they went into

Reactions: 7
I think the difference is Minerva will just get their students jobs through nepotism tbh. I taught at a private uni in the UK (pretty unusual here) but they had amazing post uni employment stats as they either - had contacts from the uni/their parents owned businesses they went into
This is exactly it. If you look at the job outcomes for Minerva graduates it's gonna look pretty impressive, but it'd be a mistake to think that's because they've received some kind of revolutionary, state-of-the-art education that has made them so much more attractive to employers. I've said this before but Minerva is basically a way to pay your way into Silicon Valley: they have veryyy convenient deals with big corporations in the cities where they're based which guarantee internship slots for Minerva students. They "apply", but that's just a formality. The internships are the sort of thing that most other 18-23 year olds couldn't dream of getting through normal avenues; getting that opportunity so early on will do wonders for their career. Minerva's wacky teaching has nothing to do with it.

Look up "cronyism"!

Reactions: 12
Minerva is going to look awful on a CV. If she wants to go into the sciences with that vague degree with no lab work she has no chance. Most people probably have never even heard of Minerva. The whole thing just seems really weird.
Also LOL at all the bad comments on her Minerva video, its definately the worst set of comments she's got from a video.

Reactions: 8
Hi, new to jades thread! Can anyone give me a run down or what her dad does and how he is a scammer, I’m really interested! Thanks

Hi, new to jades thread! Can anyone give me a run down or what her dad does and how he is a scammer, I’m really interested! Thanks
He's very high up in a MLM, Juice Plus. If you aren't familiar with MLMs (multi-level marketing), it's essentially a pyramid scheme. John Oliver's video on this is a good starting point if you aren't familiar with what an MLM is and what they do.

And in terms of Juice Plus specifically, it's hard to know where to start. It's an MLM so it's inherently predatory + exploitative to start with, but it also peddles dodgy science and outright lies about the "benefits" of their products: http://www.devingrayfitness.com/debunked-juice-plus-a-research-review/

Reactions: 6
Am I the only one who thinks that in her last video she talks just like her dad? I mean, I only watched the dad's video that has been linked in this thread, but she talked just like him, same gestures, pauses ecc... it might only be my impression, but it made me gag a little

Reactions: 10
Knowing what her dad does it seems unlikely that she ever thought of capitalism and companies with absurd amounts of money as a bad thing like she said in her video

Reactions: 11
He's very high up in a MLM, Juice Plus. If you aren't familiar with MLMs (multi-level marketing), it's essentially a pyramid scheme. John Oliver's video on this is a good starting point if you aren't familiar with what an MLM is and what they do.

And in terms of Juice Plus specifically, it's hard to know where to start. It's an MLM so it's inherently predatory + exploitative to start with, but it also peddles dodgy science and outright lies about the "benefits" of their products: http://www.devingrayfitness.com/debunked-juice-plus-a-research-review/
ah thank you so much!!

So a little about Korea for those who don’t know. Which will explain why Jade may annoy me, when she lives in Korea.

Currently we are in the middle of a bad third wave. 700 cases a day. Because that number is ‘small’, it is very easy for one individual to have an effect on the emergency level. So one person going to a café and wearing a cotton mask could spread it to 50 people in there. The extra 50 people mean we get tipped over into level 3.

The level effects us! The higher level means my husband is not allowed home from work (he is in the military). He has missed 2 months out of our 6 months old girl’s life .. because of people who don’t take covid seriously. Since last January I have not been to a café. I have not been to a restaurant. I have not seen a single friend!!! Literally just me and my baby, and my husband when he is allowed home. So if Jade comes here and studies in cafes, starts travelling around the country on trains wearing her nonK95+ mask, yes I will be annoyed.

My husband is a commissed officer. The enlisted soldiers have it a lot worse. Their leave is constantly being cancelled, because the army can’t risk them going home and bringing something back to the whole bass. Covid is destroying their mental health and relationships. Lets not get into the people who work in the jobs directly dealing with Covid. People have killed themselves over the pressure. Each wave brings a tremendous stress .. as well as danger. Korea has a very old population.

We have worked so hard in Korea, and sacrificed a lot. So Jade coming here, after her actions in Berlin, worry me ..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
And we thought the fetishisation of German culture was bad... I think her brain might explode when she steps foot in Korea. Get ready for a whole new level of gawking and pointing, and plenty of sit-down vlogs talking about how ✨crazy✨ it is.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
And we thought the fetishisation of German culture was bad... I think her brain might explode when she steps foot in Korea. Get ready for a whole new level of gawking and pointing, and plenty of sit-down vlogs talking about how ✨crazy✨ it is.
She's gonna whip out her phone to zoom in on the "LITTLE ✨ KOREAN✨ CHILDREN PLAYING ON THE PLAYGROUND CASUAL MAGIC" like a tourist at the zoo..:sick::sick::sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 24
We have worked so hard in Korea, and sacrificed a lot. So Jade coming here, after her actions in Berlin, worry me ..
Thanks for this! It’s interesting to hear how the country is doing

Surely they aren’t going to send students to Korea from all over the world in January still?!Especially if said students are already travelling internationally for Christmas right before...

I just saw on her story that she had a ‘hEcTiC’ time getting her visa sorted for Korea at 2am, what a total joke.
It’s honestly beyond irresponsible.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
And Jade falls deeper into the well of boasting about her crappy degree because she gets to ✨travel✨ and collect✨”Jade you’re so inspiiiiiiring”✨ comments from little girls who don’t know anything about work, careers, academia or travel for that matter.

She just keeps doubling down doesn’t she. Can’t admit her university is trash. Trash morals. Trash course. Gotta keep pimping the rich influencer lifestyle tho ✌

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.