Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
View attachment 2367003
Just imagine seeing incredible performances by incredible people, being so overwhelmed and excited that you want to share what incredible things you have seen. And then just making a post that is about „them“ meeting „you“. How self-absorbed can a person be? How can you witness something incredible, be fulfilled by an experience - a performance - and not for one moment leave your warped mindset where everything is about you and how everything relates back to you?

There are two sentences in total and she manages to use the word „I“ three times.
Exactly. Also, what is that pose?! She really is a gurning idiot.

Reactions: 4

emm

VIP Member
Who gets professional LinkedIn photos? Especially as her and her "hilarious " poses are all over the internet for anyone to see anyway

• Haha

Fastgirl154

Baha lol, that was a poor choice of words, I made it sound like I loved her a lot more than I meant it. I definitely had the wool over my eyes when I first watched her - I did like the fast paced vlog style with lots of study clips. Just looking for something that mirrors that.

Her weird money grabbing coffee club thing was my awakening to everything though

n8459

Chatty Member
I feel like I remember her mom saying after she moved to the UK she got so used to speaking English all the time that her Dutch isn't as sharp anymore and she prefers to speak English now.
I remember her saying in a Q&A video once she didn’t always feel comfortable speaking Dutch in public,so that would make sense

soph30

VIP Member
Wasn't she going to go to Bristol? I think she'd be a completely different person if she'd gone there! Doesn't have to be Oxford, just any regular uni would've been so much better for her.
Bristol’s quite druggy and wannabe cool alternative- dance music etc. She probs would have become even more insufferable with even less of an international outlook 😆

PiefaceG

VIP Member
Personally, given the history of queer repression, I don't think queerbaiting when it comes from people like Harry Styles or Jade is a bad thing.

Like, who they actually fuck and how they actually think about their gender (which is really the piece of missing information up for debate in queerbating conversations) is basically, pretty much, irrelevant. The fact is that they can openly question and explore and say "actually I'm not sure I am normative". That's something we should celebrate, given men like Alan Turing and Oscar Wilde were treated as criminals for homosexuality, and women like Janis Ian were blacklisted in industries (fuck Bill Cosby) for the merest hint of lesbianism (she didn't even know she was gay at the time).

It's not new. It's not new at all. David Bowie was very open about his bisexuality, as was Freddie Mercury. Harry Styles isn't a trailblazer for what he's doing, not like Boy George or Elton John, but then I'm not sure that people are really pretending he is.

I often fear conversations about queerbaiting veer into biphobia, just for comments like:

Bisexuals end up dating more people of the opposite gender than they do the same gender because less people are homosexual than are afflicted by heterosexuality. Sure, we can have a conversation about how people who haven't been in homosexual relationships have not got certain experiences that those who have do, but to question identity beyond that is rude.

I suppose you can make a point of it being a way to deepen parasocial relationships with audiences: a (today) low stakes way to offer information about ones private life, but then should we not celebrate that it is now low stakes? Treat it with a "ok cool" and move on? It's no different, really, than Taylor Swift talking about her cats.

So no. There is no problem with Jade talking about being queer. If she says she's a queer girly, for all intents and purposes she's a queer girly. She has far worse things about her to criticise.
Yesss. Thank you. Sexuality and gender identity are really fucking confusing. Yes some people are adamantly hetero, gay, ace, whatever. But a lot of us are just perpetually confused and queer feels like a good word to describe the situation.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Not only influencers, I feel everybody around me does the same. Talk how hot the summers are, and that "the wether is not normal anymore" and that something has to be done now. A week before they fly on a weekend trip to Paris.
Nah same.
I’ve literally cut these people out of my life. Can’t be arsed listening to them witter on about being sustainable, veganism, fast fashion and just generally doing all this moral grandstanding about the environment and then taking like 10 holidays a year. Just shut up 🤣

emm

VIP Member
Just watched those latest stories, clearly made up as usual, surely that outfit isn't exactly forml enough for an Oxford dinner?

curlysue123

there's nothing wrong with staying in contact with friends from uni but i get the feeling that jade is still very much attached to her minerva identity that her current social circle hasn't evolved beyond minerva since she has been creating friendships with current students
1713723179927.png
1713723215683.png

she also claims she spent her birthday alone i get it as an adult we're all so busy working we can't always celebrate our birthdays on the exact day due to work commitments but genuine question who are her friends outside of minerva since everyone is outside of the country? also what happened to charlotte - i'm sure she's still in the picture but when last did we hear about her?
1713723473266.png

also peep the moon cake because it's jade's spiritual gorl era
1713723625063.png

missmina

VIP Member
She always has to insert herself into the narrative - ‘I would feel proud to be South African’. This isn’t about you Jade and your need to not be British!!!
Bet she didnt read the full document herself lol

theMoth

Chatty Member
Exactly, remember when she claimed it was too expensive to get the eurostar to France?
she did?? I mean, compared to plane tickets the Eurostar is more expensive, but I don't know how much a plane ticket is. (also I don't know how much I paid the last time I took the Eurostar because it's been a while since I last used the train. But I'm German so I'm used to more expensive train tickets. :LOL:)

anyway, Jade can afford the Eurostar.

threeSMEGfridges

VIP Member
I love how she seemed aware of it coming from a place of privilege, and then backtracked because heaven forbid she accepts she’s privileged.

The majority of people I know who are super interested in politics grew up underprivileged, and want to fight the system.

Also the tone deaf comment about going to uni and being taught critical thinking. Does she think everyone who didn’t go to university is incapable of critical thought? Shes got a degree and is one of the most close minded, small worlded influences I can think of.
given that universities seem to teach more ideology than critical thinking I’d think not going to uni these days was a bonus!

• Angry

sunniva

Chatty Member
Guys I'm so glad I found this thread. I followed her recently because I saw a couple of nice Reels by her and she seemed cool and grounded. But then those bikini pics of herself paired with multiple romantic sounding paragraphs about her brother?? They popped up on my feed today and I'm seriously grossed out. It's all well and good being poetic about your sibling relationships but this isn't what she thinks it is. It wasn't even pics of him. 5 of the 10 were of her, most of them in a bikini, a couple were random pics of trees/boats, and 2 mediocre pics of him (with her in them). Is he a teenager still? Calling him 'the boy' with 'gym-kissed arms' who 'lets me beneath his layers' and makes 'memories I'll tell at his wedding' ? It's giving incest boy-mom. Seriously icky.

I love my siblings, we have great relationships and I boast about them all the time. But this was a post about herself - seemed fetishy almost.

Is his name really Folkert? How do you say that?

Why are all influencers just bonkers.
---
My friends and I were in a cafe during pride this weekend, and my friend comes over to me and says she just saw a girl with the rudest energy sat alone scowling at her by the bins, as we are leaving she points her out and it's none other than JADE. I burst out laughing and had to explain so much lore to them (who had no idea who she was). Apparently she was just sat there staring at people. She is also way shorter than I thought she'd be. May have just got her on an off moment but the vibes she was giving off made me CACKLEEE
Lool this is so so funny, was it in London? Is she gay?

FolderDuvet

You seem very triggered by all this for some reason. Is it really so hard for you to believe that Jade, who has lots and lots of prior form for attaching herself to what she considers minorities, purely for the purpose of bringing attention to herself? This is literally her way of operating! I don't much care whether in reality she is gay bi or whatever but can't you see the way she goes about these things is a problem?
I have a problem with people being Biphobic, yeah. Bisexual women (especially those who have not yet openly dated a woman) are constantly accused of lying about their sexuality. Can you not see how doing so (especially after she has officially come out) is problematic? Being a bigot doesn't become ok because you don't like the person in question.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
  • Haha