Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's awful

Another arrogant and rich show off. No understanding of what ordinary people do to get by.

Reactions: 11
She lives in lala land. It doesn't sound like she's ever applied for a corporate job and thinks working in corporate is just a cute little title to have. Also I wouldn't describe her as "high-achiever" "workaholic" since her secondary school days

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she’s probably completely sheltered and her entire conception of life and work comes from only knowing wealthy people, alongside only experiencing ideas about working through the internet. So jobs for jade are like vague ‘creative corporate girly’ (tbh just influencer marketing) and she doesn’t have enough interest in considering how out of touch she comes across by dishing out information that only applies to extremely wealthy people. And I’m sure she’s surrounded herself with similarly out of touch people

all this “take time to appreciate life and everything will fall into place” - well yes it will fall into place because that’s how it works for you.

She’s experiencing everything going right for her and instead of thinking “yes. Because I’m wealthy” it’s “yes. I am making all the right choices and people need to hear about this”

There’s a lack of critical thinking skills for sure. I’ve known very wealthy people and one of the wealthiest was specifically taught about how privileged he is and how he should have some respect for others and a bit of tact about it relative to others. She could do with some of that training. I guess that’s a kind of old money training that mlm families haven’t realised is kind of useful if you don’t want normal people finding you personally repulsive. (Not an endorsement of old money aristocratic types)

Reactions: 13
So politics. Barely anyone learns politics at school. They learn it in their own time either through watching tv during elections, etc. if she wants to blame anyone she can look at her parents.

Her latest tiktok. She has never had to work a job she didnt want to do. Majority of people arent in 'dream jobs' but try to find a balance between a job that pays well and one that they have some interest in / doesnt exhaust them. Also most people, regardless of background have worked a minimum wage job, or still are working a minimum wage job. Fact is shes an influencer. Either she needs to be like other influencers and get paid to do whatever or just get a job and stop whinging about how to achieve her perfect life...

Reactions: 13
A passport is nearly £90 now, a days pay if you are on minimum wage is just about £75. Barrier #1 Jade couldn't ever comprehend.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
A passport is nearly £90 now, a days pay if you are on minimum wage is just about £75. Barrier #1 Jade couldn't ever comprehend.
Barrier #2 Visas and high exchange rates. She goes on and on about studying in 6 different countries with international friends but this fact goes right over her head

Reactions: 15
Imagine following up a video where you got called out for being ignorant of your privilege with another video in which you say something to the effect of “I went on a gap year around Europe and studied abroad in 6 countries”

…it’s really a choice

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think you really have to have your head in the clouds to be as like...ignorant of your own privilege as she is right now?

Like, I'm very lucky to be in a generally low cost living situation on a good wage that is allowing me to save to take a gap year next year so I can do all this slow living sort your tit out "cheap" travel volunteering she's talking about, and I'm very lucky to have parents that will let me use their house as a base of operations for the whole thing. I'm lucky to have a degree that is far more impressive than it should be, and I don't have any dependents, so I've not got to worry about those.

She doesn't have to feel guilty for her good fortune and privilege. I personally like her vlogs BECAUSE she is privileged and can spout this stuff, and I can take little bits of it and built it onto my life. I don't think I would bother watching lifestyle vlogs from someone like myself who eats chips on her bed in her pants after coming home from a dull day in the office. But maybe she should use some of that wealth of free time to learn to moderate what she says.

Reactions: 14
She’s so funny.

There are ways to say “spending extended periods of time in different cultures can be a great way to learn more about the world and if you’re young, without many commitments and in the privileged position to do it then it can be a really exciting thing to do”. Which is all really obvious, and doesn’t really need saying but I guess she needs to push out content and is trying to align herself as a travel influencer but you can limit how obnoxious the message of “holidays are nice” comes across. She speaks in such absolutes and it’s horrific and cringe and so clearly one big way to show off how good her life is.

Like, to her - if you don’t do it you’re a clueless loser stuck inside some little bubble and it’s actually really cheap, so why are you living such a dull life?

I have to remind myself that she’s essentially just the gap year girl who’s uni experience was one long gap year. So now she’s telling everyone about her gap year…except uni was the gap year so instead of being able to drone on about it to her uni peers she’s droning on to the internet.

none of this is helped by her mannerisms and the way she speaks. Which she cant help but unfortunately that’s how it is
---
Also lol how many videos did she do where she’s putting the same 5 flowers into that vase one for every paragraph of the script.

She’s a pro. I’ll give her that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Wtf
She said "you realise people in Uganda and India are people like you"
What?????
I've never travelled and it didn't take me spewing thousands of tonnes of carbon to realise that. Why does she literally sound so dumb with everything she says?
---
The new tiktok also didn't hit the spot she thought it would 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 7.14.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 7.14.46 PM.png

More great comments. Wonder when everyone is gonna open their eyes..
---
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 7.20.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 7.20.51 PM.png

News flash, Jade: not all of us need to travel in order to understand human empathy.

This coupled with the "I didn't know politics" thing..yikes. I feel like she's preaching to her younger self to "get out of your bubble." Literally not everyone is as ignorant or selfish as you lol.

Reactions: 37
I think the problem for her is that her TikToks aren’t just being seen by her fans without critical thoughts. They’re reaching a new audience, especially after someone replied to her politics video I suspect. She clearly doesn’t know how to deal with that

I’d love to see what she thinks “cheap” travelling is. All her recent travels haven’t been very cheap and she hasn’t been living with some local family

Reactions: 18
When people who travel say "it's so cheap" I am always suspicious of what they include in their calculations. Sure, I know how to travel very cheaply, but, I am still paying for a flat at home. So I still have to have a decent paying job. Last time I didn't have a job, I managed because I had a major bonus from my previous job, which paid for about 6 months of not working.
Then the argument could be "well, just stop your contract with your flat to reduce costs", and to that I would say "have you tried finding a flat by yourself without help from mum and dad, and without a guarantor ?"
Even for people who are in a privilieged position Jade comes off as out of touch.
I'm glad that I waited to be in the perfect job for travelling comfortably and frequently instead of putting myself in a risky situation. She is selling lies to people.

Reactions: 21