Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was hinting at some queer stuff with a friend at one point too but she would have been in a relationship then so lol

Reactions: 1
I haven't been on this thread in so so long omg. I just couldn't be arsed with her tit anymore! Her post about left/ring wing politics just came up on my FYP and I'm utterly speechless 😭. I'll have a look at what you guys said about it, there's no point in repeating stuff.

... I'm still adamant that Jade and her family are Tories though 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
And then everyone clapped!!!

But I missed something, when did Jade come out as “queer”?? (I’m assuming she’s a spicy straight and trying to be special or bi and mainly into men but correct me if I’m wrong, just seems like the type of thing she’d do to seem oppressed and interesting)

Sincerely,
A boring lesbian
You haven't missed anything. She hasn't actually come out as queer. She just talks about it so much that a lot of people think she's queer.

Reactions: 8
Someone on tiktok has stitched her stupid video about not knowing the difference between left and right wing politics and is calling her out. It’s getting quite a bit of attention!

• Wow
  • Haha
Someone on tiktok has stitched her stupid video about not knowing the difference between left and right wing politics and is calling her out. It’s getting quite a bit of attention!
Can someone post it?

Reactions: 6
Went and had a look, I don't think it's much more than a rant. She seems to make some unfair inferences based on what she is expecting Jade to mean (she assumes that Jade is saying people who didn't go to university are politically illiterate, which while that is definitely an interpretation of what shes saying, I don't think that's what she meant).

I'm also confused about the assertion that you couldn't go through school without learning the minutiae of the party political system in the UK? She doesn't seem to understand that "left" and "right" mean nothing really and one can be vaguely aware of political issues without necessarily understanding the current division of issues between the "left" and "right" wing. I remember being shocked at the political ignorance of some of my peers at A Level, and my school was common as muck. The only time in my education where the political terms "left" or "right" came up was while I was studying the Handmaids Tale at A Level and we were discussing the resurgence of the Christian Right in 80s America. And this is WITH me having studied both the Troubles and the American West in history, along with English literature at GCSE.

Sure, politics came up, but not in the "here is left wing ideas and here is right wing ideas" way, because that's a meaningless distinction and actually fairly harmful to the political discourse. People will reject ideas freely when the wrong person says them.

The TikTok video of the reel Jade uploaded in general is getting a poor reception

The implication that you're completely politically ignorant as you go through life unless you choose to do something like A level politics or go to uni (whether you like it or not, she very much implies this by her poor choice of words) is stupid

You may not have the most well informed and reasoned ideas about politics - or political systems because for some reason she thinks that matters the most? It almost sounds conspiracy-esque at a bit of a stretch tbh - but they're still ideas about politics

Reactions: 14
Went and had a look, I don't think it's much more than a rant. She seems to make some unfair inferences based on what she is expecting Jade to mean (she assumes that Jade is saying people who didn't go to university are politically illiterate, which while that is definitely an interpretation of what shes saying, I don't think that's what she meant).

I'm also confused about the assertion that you couldn't go through school without learning the minutiae of the party political system in the UK? She doesn't seem to understand that "left" and "right" mean nothing really and one can be vaguely aware of political issues without necessarily understanding the current division of issues between the "left" and "right" wing. I remember being shocked at the political ignorance of some of my peers at A Level, and my school was common as muck. The only time in my education where the political terms "left" or "right" came up was while I was studying the Handmaids Tale at A Level and we were discussing the resurgence of the Christian Right in 80s America. And this is WITH me having studied both the Troubles and the American West in history, along with English literature at GCSE.

Sure, politics came up, but not in the "here is left wing ideas and here is right wing ideas" way, because that's a meaningless distinction and actually fairly harmful to the political discourse. People will reject ideas freely when the wrong person says them.
I’m afraid I disagree. Right and left are fixed terms- admittedly within their own context. You can also look at it based on historic differences e.g. privatisation vs nationalisation. Yes there are crossovers, especially when you consider centrist policies but there are clear left and right wing ideas in my view.

Back to Jade, I do think it’s poor that she had no idea what left vs right meant. English and History curriculums are designed to help students explore this and not to mention pshe and politics classes (assuming she had those). She went to one of the best state schools in the country so I’d be shocked if it just never came up.

It’s also possible she forgot or just didn’t care or is exaggerating for engagement. I would love for someone to do some digging and find her referencing left vs right lol.

I mean she replies to one comment with:
1714242938714.png

Which feels a tinyyyy bit silly because even GCSE history and english will have had some discussions about politics. I'm pretty sure if you choose to do GCSE history one of the topics is specifically English history

Her bigger problem may well be mostly that she studied A-level subjects which are generally right/wrong answers and don't include much discussion about society. Anyone who has studied sociology, English, history and other similar subjects will likely have been exposed to those discussions more

Reactions: 11
View attachment 2901233
Which feels a tinyyyy bit silly because even GCSE history and english will have had some discussions about politics. I'm pretty sure if you choose to do GCSE history one of the topics is specifically English history

Her bigger problem may well be mostly that she studied A-level subjects which are generally right/wrong answers and don't include much discussion about society. Anyone who has studied sociology, English, history and other similar subjects will likely have been exposed to those discussions more
Yes, I agree. But then this is why I'm not shocked that someone could come through the UK education system politically illiterate. It's fairly easy to do. a lot of my peers were, and a lot of people in this country are.

English history isn't necessarily on the GCSE history syllabus. I did Medicine, Surgery, The Troubles (so Irish history) and The American West. Our school ran it as two streams, so there was Cold War as one, and American West+Medicine as the other. The other American West + Medicine class didn't even do The Troubles as their coursework module.

I would also be surprised if the Cold War/WWII module also got terribly into British "left Vs right" as much as international "Communism Vs Capitalism" (though I would be surprised if it even got that far, I think it spent a lot of time fannying about over events rather than considering driving ideologies). Remember: Left and Right are very relativistic terms. Neoliberalism is a rightwing idea today, but during the war it would have been anathema. The EU is considered a leftwing allegiance in the UK, but it's a neoliberal trade club that to whom membership was originally opposed by the left.
---
I’m afraid I disagree. Right and left are fixed terms- admittedly within their own context. You can also look at it based on historic differences e.g. privatisation vs nationalisation. Yes there are crossovers, especially when you consider centrist policies but there are clear left and right wing ideas in my view.

Back to Jade, I do think it’s poor that she had no idea what left vs right meant. English and History curriculums are designed to help students explore this and not to mention pshe and politics classes (assuming she had those). She went to one of the best state schools in the country so I’d be shocked if it just never came up.

It’s also possible she forgot or just didn’t care or is exaggerating for engagement. I would love for someone to do some digging and find her referencing left vs right lol.
The problem with saying "left and right are fixed terms" is that it might be true in a global sense (not sure that it is but thats irrelevant), but it certainly isn't in a local sense. If you're talking specifically in the locality of British politics, what is left and what is right shifts quite dramatically over the years. There are many things that red Tories do today that would horrify post war labour politicians, and things regular Tories do that would horrify post war conservative politicians. And honestly? Vice versa.

You could argue this is overton window shifting, but when the average person says leftwing or rightwing, they're not talking in a global fashion, they're describing a local property.

(Global and Local are being used here in the mathematical sense, in that global means true everywhere, and local means true in some defined neighbourhood of the point)

It definitely is poor that she wasn't really aware of what British left Vs right politic was, but as I say in my post: its not surprising and this user is wrong to be surprised that someone came out of the UK system politically illiterate. That's the point of my post, that you have to have your head fairly deep in the sand (and quite frankly you have to be pretty politically illiterate yourself) to not know the majority of this country is politically illiterate.

Also: you think the British curriculum is in any way designed to make students question and interrogate politics? Did you go to a British school?

Last edited:
Eh, the whole point Jade is making is really unconvincing tbh. I never remember anyone explicitly explaining to me the difference between right vs left wing, nor was my family particularly political. It's just one of those things that you come across over time and gradually get to know the meaning of, just by being interested in the world around you. I know people that left school at 16 who were more than able to keep up with political discussions. Blaming her education/family is a crappy take when in reality it all boils down to ignorance and a lack of interest in the world around her, essentially wilfully living in a bubble.

Reactions: 21
Eh, the whole point Jade is making is really unconvincing tbh. I never remember anyone explicitly explaining to me the difference between right vs left wing, nor was my family particularly political. It's just one of those things that you come across over time and gradually get to know the meaning of, just by being interested in the world around you. I know people that left school at 16 who were more than able to keep up with political discussions. Blaming her education/family is a crappy take when in reality it all boils down to ignorance and a lack of interest in the world around her, essentially wilfully living in a bubble.
Exactly, I've said it before but anyone who has studied gcse history should have a basic idea of right vs left, and that is even before someone who claims to "love learning"

Talking about it IS coming out as queer.
It is not. Someone can be exploring their sexual identity and not be queer. It's actually very damaging to assume someone is queer and place a label on them when they are still learning and have not labeled themselves as queer. It's also very common for people to question their gender and sexuality after their first big break up. As far as I know, Jade hasn't had a serious relationship before this one, and we have all seen how mentally unstable this break up has made her. She talks about not feeling feminine enough sometimes as well, but I certainly wouldn't label her as nonbinary or a man because she calls herself a girl and uses she/her pronouns.

Reactions: 10
Jade has a tendency to say "we were never taught about this in school" about a lot of things. I remember her saying that only british history was taught in british schools and acting so shocked when she learnt about the history of another country when she visited. I get quite annoyed about her comments about how the school system is inadequate. You can't expect all knowledge to come from school, at some point it is down to student curiosity to learn about things. School is often about giving key skills for understanding (so if you have the skills to read and analyse documents about british history, that should set you on your way to being able to learn about any history or have some grasp of politics). Also nowadays we expect things of the school system that would have been developped outside (ie. personal finance, politics, citizen action...).

Reactions: 31
View attachment 2901233

The hubris for her to be criticising any curriculum when her degree is from the scam that is Minerva! 🙃

• Haha
Jade has a tendency to say "we were never taught about this in school" about a lot of things. I remember her saying that only british history was taught in british schools and acting so shocked when she learnt about the history of another country when she visited. I get quite annoyed about her comments about how the school system is inadequate. You can't expect all knowledge to come from school, at some point it is down to student curiosity to learn about things. School is often about giving key skills for understanding (so if you have the skills to read and analyse documents about british history, that should set you on your way to being able to learn about any history or have some grasp of politics). Also nowadays we expect things of the school system that would have been developped outside (ie. personal finance, politics, citizen action...).
I actually learnt very little British history at school, especially from 11-16. The history we covered was all very topic-based and these were pretty broad-ranging, I remember doing medicine through time, WWII in Europe and the development of modern China for GCSE, for example. In fact, I specifically chose an early-modern syllabus at A-Level as it had the chance to study the Tudors, although we still studied things like the Spanish Inquisition and the French Wars of Religion. Jade’s talking out of her backside again about this.

Reactions: 3
Her new TikTok is also incredible I’m lolling so much. All the comments are negative

Reactions: 6
I love that she acts as if she’s doing anything different from sitting at home and enjoying her free time

At most she occasionally makes a video droning on about some new thing she’s delusional about or goes to do some talk

There’s people working 8-12+ hour days weekly with very little time to actually have for themselves and their hobbies to get by and she doesn’t realise that they likely couldn’t afford to just sit at home and process life for a bit

I was lucky enough to have some time off but it was mostly because I couldn’t find a job and the pressure from everyone was unbearable

Reactions: 14