Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her and Folk will never find happiness unless they learn to love other people as much as they love themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 17
With her breaking up for someone based on tarot card reader and her constant need for signs for 'casual magic,' and the new crystal obsession, Jade comes off as someone who is rather lost in life. She seems to need for a 'sign' for her life to be guided and for the decision to be made for her based on something like a tarot card.

I am all for people being spiritual but Jade seems to make this her whole personality. It seems to really go against this girl boss/corporate girly that she tries to project. It is a bit like Niomi Smart who became obsessed with signs and spirituality after the break up of her first engagement. She broke up with her new fiance based on a colour of a butterfly that she saw. She is constantly seeing things like a frog and posting how it is her sign to lead her life. I can see Jade going down this path.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
God she’s absolutely insufferable and she can spout this self-love bs as much as she wants; all I see is a deeply insecure person who hides behind this bizarre narcissistic facade. I literally can’t stomach more than five seconds of her

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why would you break up a reasonably good relationship based on a tarot card if that's not even what you want? It's bizarre!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It is a bit like Niomi Smart who became obsessed with signs and spirituality after the break up of her first engagement. She broke up with her new fiance based on a colour of a butterfly that she saw. She is constantly seeing things like a frog and posting how it is her sign to lead her life.
I've never heard of this person but they sound awful.

This is clearly my sign to look her up and roll my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think Jade has fallen into a social media trap that she herself has contributed to. On a certain corner of social media we are constantly fed content about how to be happy and how to follow one's dreams, often accompanied by videos of hiking in mountains, waking up in the countryside and holding hands with friends. More than something that you could just do as part of life, "following your dreams" "taking a new path" and "spirituality" is on trend. Making "big life decisions" and putting them on social media is on trend. Not fitting into the typical 9-5, couple with kids, city flat mould is on trend. You know the ones, with the caption "I want to be rich" and then "rich : " they are walking in the woods, making bread or something.
Tbh I was sad to hear in this video that Jade had also turned down what used to be her dream job. This and her breakup from her boyfriend because "he is not serving" her are almost certainly fed by what she sees online and feed into her narrative of not being like other gorls (and yet there are thousands of videos that encourage breakups for the same reasons that Jade uses). And it is so sad to see the effect of influencers even on an influencer themselves. It seems like a huge risk to expect some amazing change to come from something that does not depend on her. Wouldn't you want to at least influence your destiny or put yourself on the right path ?

Honestly from reading alone I get the vibe that she needs to go and find an actual therapist and not depend on some silly app

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Honestly from reading alone I get the vibe that she needs to go and find an actual therapist and not depend on some silly app
Totally agree, leaving someone for a tarot reading then being clearly devastated about it, having breakdowns about being alone all the time. I dont get why her family or friends aren't intervening more

Reactions: 16
Who the duck ends a relationshp over a tarot card?! This girl has no clue about adulting and is only going to end up in more silly situations just to keep her channel exciting.

Reactions: 9
I think Jade has fallen into a social media trap that she herself has contributed to. On a certain corner of social media we are constantly fed content about how to be happy and how to follow one's dreams, often accompanied by videos of hiking in mountains, waking up in the countryside and holding hands with friends. More than something that you could just do as part of life, "following your dreams" "taking a new path" and "spirituality" is on trend. Making "big life decisions" and putting them on social media is on trend. Not fitting into the typical 9-5, couple with kids, city flat mould is on trend. You know the ones, with the caption "I want to be rich" and then "rich : " they are walking in the woods, making bread or something.
Tbh I was sad to hear in this video that Jade had also turned down what used to be her dream job. This and her breakup from her boyfriend because "he is not serving" her are almost certainly fed by what she sees online and feed into her narrative of not being like other gorls (and yet there are thousands of videos that encourage breakups for the same reasons that Jade uses). And it is so sad to see the effect of influencers even on an influencer themselves. It seems like a huge risk to expect some amazing change to come from something that does not depend on her. Wouldn't you want to at least influence your destiny or put yourself on the right path ?
Yes this is all spot on

she’s bought into this fake idea of being an adult that is mostly a facade. However, her privilege and wealth allow her to live much closer to it than practically anyone else and she’s still not happy.

She can either live off making content, which should be fairly easy for her but comes with issues around precarity and having to actually consistently create content as well as find her niche now she’s no longer the study tuber girl, or she can suck it up and get the kind of jobs that most of us will never have but for some reason she seems reluctant to walk into. I have very little pity for her situation

Reactions: 13
It just makes you wonder how the boyfriend feels now. Like a huge weight has come off his shoulders.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Jade can you re-enact your breakup speech please?
Probably something along the lines of "I know I'm the best person you'll ever meet, and that it's been such a privilege getting to know me, but unfortunately you are no longer serving my highest, most authentic self. I'll rather marry myself than you."

• Haha
With her breaking up for someone based on tarot card reader and her constant need for signs for 'casual magic,' and the new crystal obsession, Jade comes off as someone who is rather lost in life. She seems to need for a 'sign' for her life to be guided and for the decision to be made for her based on something like a tarot card.

I am all for people being spiritual but Jade seems to make this her whole personality. It seems to really go against this girl boss/corporate girly that she tries to project. It is a bit like Niomi Smart who became obsessed with signs and spirituality after the break up of her first engagement. She broke up with her new fiance based on a colour of a butterfly that she saw. She is constantly seeing things like a frog and posting how it is her sign to lead her life. I can see Jade going down this path.
Blimey, I haven't followed Niomi in about 4 years, has she seriously broke up with someone based on a butterfly? :eek:
---

It just makes you wonder how the boyfriend feels now. Like a huge weight has come off his shoulders.
One day he will look back and think THANK GOODNESS she left...

Reactions: 1
Probably something along the lines of "I know I'm the best person you'll ever meet, and that it's been such a privilege getting to know me, but unfortunately you are no longer serving my highest, most authentic self. I'll rather marry myself than you."
"As a hot girl I deserve to be with someone as hot as me and you're not serving"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker who has watched Jade since her school days. I don't like posting but I've had various frustrations watching Jade's more recent videos and really wanted to give my opinion, and I also think it might be helpful to others.

Jade does not seem mentally well at all. I've sensed it since towards the end of her final year of Minerva - her moods have seemed erratic since around that time (I swear she used to like see a sunset and then just start crying? Or at least things similar to that would occur) and they look like they're getting much worse since she graduated. I know other people in the thread have been saying the same thing, that she needs more stability and to see a proper therapist etc, but I wanted to give my take by building on my personal experience.

Like Jade, when I first started getting mood swings I would have periods where I'd want to cry with delight at the universe and how beautiful I found it all... then within a day I'd completely crash and cry tears of misery. She exhibited this exact behaviour a few videos ago in one of her London vlogs. Like Jade, I used to think it was part and parcel of being a woman and having a menstrual cycle - Jade is often talking about what stage of her cycle she is in and how that is affecting her mind and body. I erroneously thought that having severe mood swings was a normal thing to experience as your cycle occurs, and various GPs perpetuated this belief by ignoring my mentions of mood swings and passing them off as a normal PMS symptom.

However, the severity of my mood swings increased to the point where my ability to work and maintain healthy relationships was being affected. I would have very dark thoughts some hours, followed by a period of stability, followed by hours of mania where my ego would balloon (sound familiar?). I thought I was just a very emotional person and by watching influencers INCLUDING JADE, I thought if I just meditated better, or practised more mindfulness, I would be able to get a grip. And so for years I battled with debilitating mental illness, dismissing it as me just being quirky/different and blaming myself for not being able to just "be mentally healthy". It took years of seeing therapists and counsellors until one kind GP (I will always be thankful for him for saving my life) actually stopped me when I told him I was having mood swings and asked me to explain more, and he referred me to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with a form of bipolar disorder. Since then I have been taking medication that has completely transformed my life and given me so much clarity of thought.

What points am I trying to make here?
1. Of course it is never a good idea to armchair diagnose influencers through what we see on a screen, but the evidence is pointing towards Jade needing a real intervention. I don't like the girl but I wouldn't wish mental illness on her. Jade should see a GP if she is struggling with her mood.
2. Severe mood swings are not normal and I sure as hell hope she doesn't influence people into thinking it's normal. For a suspected mental illness you should see a GP or doctor, NOT just a therapist or counsellor. Therapists cannot prescribe you medication or diagnose you, and sometimes medication is what you need to get your life on track. You cannot casual magic your way through a real mental illness, whether that is bipolar, an eating disorder, anxiety, etc. You cannot always BetterHelp your way to good mental health.
3. Jade NEEDS TO STOP making videos in which she acts like a therapist. I think Jade has crossed too far over the boundary in some of her latest videos. She doesn't explicitly pretend that she is a qualified therapist, but the tone in which she speaks down to her audience, the way she advises about healing your inner child and how to take care of your feelings... she is acting like a therapist. People watching her videos could definitely be fooled into thinking that she is highly knowledgeable about mental health, but she is not. Influencers have a duty to make disclaimers that if people are suffering from real mental illness, they should be seeing a doctor. Far too often I've seen mental illness being mistaken for mental health, and have seen ideas of mindfulness and meditation being promoted without such a disclaimer. It's what caused me to suffer for years longer than I had to.

I hope by writing this post I can undo some of the damage Jade may have done by influencing her followers to "casual magic" their way to good mental health. For some people that is enough, but for many it is incorrect and potentially dangerous.

TLDR Jade should see a doctor if her mood swings are as bad as she portrays. And she and other influencers have a responsibility to tell the public that if they think they are suffering from mental illness they should see a doctor, rather simply pushing meditation, mindfulness and journalling.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
  • Haha
Reactions: 5