Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hate this discussion of whether she is queer or queerbaiting or whatever. We have no idea what she's doing with her life, outside of these snippets she gives us through her YouTube and Instagram. Sometimes it feels like we see everything (especially with these constant videos she's forcing on us with her crying) but there's so much she could be experiencing outside of that she isn't sharing. And that could be her queerness, in whatever form that takes.

Maybe she is queerbaiting, but we can't ever really know. But if she's not (or even if she is) this constant questioning is so harmful to anyone who might be questioning their queerness, or experimenting with it, or embracing it but not 100% openly. You don't have to perform it for it to be real? Especially not in front of thousands of viewers while you're still figuring it out for yourself.
Look, all I'm saying is it's kind of fucked that the concept of queerbaiting went from "breadcrumbing hints throughout a character or persona in order to draw in queer audiences without actually committing to making the character/persona queer because you don't want to scare away cishet money" to "celebrity I don't like very much comes out as queer so I decide they're lying until they post their sex tape."

It literally doesn't matter if she's lying. My whole comment is completely independent of if she actually likes minge or not. Straight speculation is as toxic an idea as Queer speculation, though admittedly less structurally embedded. You're setting a barrier that might make sense to you in the context of an online personality, but extends out to people who aren't online personalities and is unfair to those people. Again: radical inclusion is what makes us strong.

So no, Jade has not "pulled the wool over my eyes". I do what I do with all people as a proud bisexual and assume everyone is a little bit gay until told otherwise (slight sarcasm here).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Look, all I'm saying is it's kind of fucked that the concept of queerbaiting went from "breadcrumbing hints throughout a character or persona in order to draw in queer audiences without actually committing to making the character/persona queer because you don't want to scare away cishet money" to "celebrity I don't like very much comes out as queer so I decide they're lying until they post their sex tape."

It literally doesn't matter if she's lying. My whole comment is completely independent of if she actually likes minge or not. Straight speculation is as toxic an idea as Queer speculation, though admittedly less structurally embedded. You're setting a barrier that might make sense to you in the context of an online personality, but extends out to people who aren't online personalities and is unfair to those people. Again: radical inclusion is what makes us strong.

So no, Jade has not "pulled the wool over my eyes". I do what I do with all people as a proud bisexual and assume everyone is a little bit gay until told otherwise (slight sarcasm here).
It's not toxic speculation if they come out as ambiguous. The point is that Jade has avoided coming out as queer intentionally while still speaking about being queer. She doesn't have to come out as queer if she doesn't want to, but to speak about possibly being queer on a public platform and then intentionally avoid the label is queerbaiting 101. The main reason why it's a question is she is intentionally making it a question by speaking about it so vaguely enough that we cannot label her as queer but openly enough to associate her with queerness. She edited her videos and then put them out there herself so she is 100% aware and wants people to speculate.

Reactions: 9
Jade’s parents don’t vote? Why does she make it sounds like a flex that she grew up ignorant, she really is so privileged

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Jade’s parents don’t vote? Why does she make it sounds like a flex that she grew up ignorant, she really is so privileged

Sorry this stinks of ignorance and lies on her end

It may well be the people I have met throughout my education but politics definitely does come up in conversations often, even if it's as simple as "the NHS staff should be paid more". Chances are she was just more interested speaking about casual magic

Reactions: 18

This is petty but it's tattle so I don't care. I really dislike her choice to not use capital letters or proper spelling. It's a post she presumably wants people to take seriously so surely she can pull out 'you're' for the occasion!

Also I hate how she uses emojis.

Reactions: 17
Sorry this stinks of ignorance and lies on her end

It may well be the people I have met throughout my education but politics definitely does come up in conversations often, even if it's as simple as "the NHS staff should be paid more". Chances are she was just more interested speaking about casual magic
I honestly would believe her family are sheltered enough to not care about politics beyond who will let them pay the least taxes

Reactions: 15
I can’t believe she’s just admitted to not knowing politics until 18 and that her parents don’t vote, I’d be too embarrassed to tell people that 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
But also like..how do you get to 18 and politics never once came up in conversation at school/with friends/that weird uncle at a family gathering. We had several general elections while I was at school plus the eu referendum (I was a year behind Jade). Not forgetting her local MP is former PM Theresa May, unless you are deliberately ignorant how the hell do you know nothing until 18?? Never mind think I just answered my own question

• Haha
Reactions: 31
But also like..how do you get to 18 and politics never once came up in conversation at school/with friends/that weird uncle at a family gathering. We had several general elections while I was at school plus the eu referendum (I was a year behind Jade). Not forgetting her local MP is former PM Theresa May, unless you are deliberately ignorant how the hell do you know nothing until 18?? Never mind think I just answered my own question
Shock horror she didn't get in to Oxford. Even gcse history gives you some vague ide abut what is left or right politically.also it's like no one in hee house watched the news on TV or anything

Reactions: 14
maybe this is petty but why is she calling her followers "babies" lol. she may consider it a term of endearment, but it feels incredibly patronising to anyone reading it, especially given the weird sanctimonious tone of the post

Reactions: 11
I think it's so strange how she blames the education system for anything she doesn't know. Especially in this context, where she's basically saying that people who don't choose to do politics as a subject at school or don't go to uni don't (even can't?) know these things?

Reactions: 21
I think it's so strange how she blames the education system for anything she doesn't know. Especially in this context, where she's basically saying that people who don't choose to do politics as a subject at school or don't go to uni don't (even can't?) know these things?
That's what gets me too! I do think schools could teach more about politics (but it's near impossible with teaching in the current state it's in) but why is it not down to her parents to teach her? Why does she not have any curiosity of her own to learn about this?

Reactions: 12
I wasn't taught politics at school, but I read the news. Something tells me she doesn't read the news...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That's what gets me too! I do think schools could teach more about politics (but it's near impossible with teaching in the current state it's in) but why is it not down to her parents to teach her? Why does she not have any curiosity of her own to learn about this?
Or for her to teach herself ? We live in an age where information is easy to find if you are genuinely academically curious, its just obvious she's not despite her claims to love learning

I love how she seemed aware of it coming from a place of privilege, and then backtracked because heaven forbid she accepts she’s privileged.

The majority of people I know who are super interested in politics grew up underprivileged, and want to fight the system.

Also the tone deaf comment about going to uni and being taught critical thinking. Does she think everyone who didn’t go to university is incapable of critical thought? Shes got a degree and is one of the most close minded, small worlded influences I can think of.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I love how she seemed aware of it coming from a place of privilege, and then backtracked because heaven forbid she accepts she’s privileged.

The majority of people I know who are super interested in politics grew up underprivileged, and want to fight the system.

Also the tone deaf comment about going to uni and being taught critical thinking. Does she think everyone who didn’t go to university is incapable of critical thought? Shes got a degree and is one of the most close minded, small worlded influences I can think of.
given that universities seem to teach more ideology than critical thinking I’d think not going to uni these days was a bonus!

• Angry
Reactions: 4

"I was raised to NEVER talk about politics"...sus...because her parents knew it'll look bad on them?

• Haha
Ok. I only just discovered this person when they came up on TikTok and I’m intrigued.

Is there a quick guide to their history or things that should be known?

They have the most vapid, privileged vibe, passing as deep and meaningful - that I’d assumed came from a guilty boarding school background with hippy parents but I saw mention of state school.

Is it just someone who’s very sheltered who’s making videos about perfectly normal things and making it appear as if they’ve got some deep insights without the self awareness to think it’s a bit cringe. People lap it up though so I guess someone’s getting value out of it?

Home schooling? Wealthy hippy parents who made a point of wanting to do state school? Grew up on the internet? Some sort of niche religious upbringing? Has there been any overachiever burnout and breakdown?

it’s all so ‘think positive and you can do anything :))))))))))))))’ ‘I went on holiday and life is all about taking the time to be yourself and relax and everything will be better why aren’t you permanently having fun it’s easy’

How does she make her money? If she wasn’t touting all this self help language I’d see her life as no different to any other rich influencer but it feels like everything’s obscured by the hippy stuff. Usually I see men making this sort of stuff and it’s always hiding something very odd and toxic. Fascinating!
---
I guess it reminds me of stuff like that beachbuminasuit guy where you can see there’s some obvious darkness alongside a load of intense sounding but fake self examination “go on an extended holiday and drop out and buy this thing I’m selling”
---
Thinking about her more…it’s like there isn’t a real person there. It’s a load of ideas about a person planted onto a person and all the ideas are this utopian influencer thing who’s pushing self help and self actualisation but she’s what? 21? And all her advice misses the very obvious, real world aspects of how the world functions when you’re not rich. It’s why when influencers are pushing make up or whatever it’s fine and it makes sense. But when you’re pushing this stuff with no connection to real lived experience it’s…insane

“just decide what you like and do that as a job”
Really?
---
Did she grow up in a cult? I saw her dad is a fraudster or something. She seems to have internalised this empty corporate vibe.
She’d be great working for google or whatever, trying to convince employees that the workplace is wonderful cause they have a spa and wellness centre. I get such a sense of horror from her haha
---
And the constant crying. I’d be worried about someone crying so much. It’s kind of unhinged and then the filming of it comes across as an affectation to appear to have depth. I don’t want to start making some ill informed diagnosis…maybe we can put it down to a lifetime spent making YouTube videos an internalising the format. Odd. It’s also like she’s constantly happy crying at some everyday experience in the way someone might if they’d taken mushrooms. Without taking mushrooms. Is she microdosing ant the wrong amount? The intensity of her is at another level. Does she have any long lasting friendships we know of…? I saw she mentioned making deep friendships instead of lots of shallow ones. Is she just saying that or is there evidence of her maintaining these things?
---
Can’t stop posting here but this’ll be the last one.
She was rejected from Oxford and then instead of going to a similar russel group (I’m guessing she she’s aiming for Oxford then this matters to her) she went to….minerva. I don’t even know what that is but it sounds like the worst.

Is anybody in her life giving her advice? There’s places you can go in the uk that have some of the best courses in the world that aren’t Oxford. What did she study? The Oxford thing is also giving the need for surface level prestige rather than a real interest in getting an education. And the vibe I’m getting from minerva is ted talk thought leaders who’ll bullshit about wellbeing, and a healthy mind, whilst asset stripping your company. No offence to any minerva grads!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15