Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In watching now.. what on earth would her flatmates think with her hole fniy coming ti helpo her move? Mine did that in y first year (as did most people I know) when we'd never lived outside of the family home but he's lived in 4 different cities now? Also.. how did he not check the WiFi didn't work in he room, or the fatmates didn't mention it when presumably she mentioned she is wfh? Big red flag imo

Maybe it's a generational thing because a colleague of mine used to do it, but I honestly don't understand the filming yourself crying then posting it on the internet thing. When I'm in the throes of a breakdown the last thing on my mind is to film it! I don't want anyone to see me like it. I lock myself in a room and do it privately. I don't even like my parents or OH seeing me like it. Its such a personal thing. I honestly think she does it for attention or a reaction. Uses it as content. It's bizarre and probably why a lot of people aren't believed when they have serious mental health issues because these clowns set it back by monetising it.

Reactions: 17
She’s more dramatic about that move than me at 18 moving away to uni at the other side of the country and being away from my parents for more than a month first time in my life. And like I get it’s also the breakup but it seems she’s trying to blame her emotions on the move and being lonely in london rather than the breakup when it’s very obvious it’s that. And even if so, showing this much of crying and breakdowns on yt to thousands of people is not relatable but stupid - she should actually be alone for a little bit, go to therapy and sort herself out. Ffs be an adult at least for once Jade.
The sad/ ironic thing is that she IS in therapy...god what a wreck. There's a difference between feeling your emotions and letting them control you..

Also, what's with all the job hunting videos but the lack of a job..who would take advice from her lol.

Reactions: 2
The sad/ ironic thing is that she IS in therapy...god what a wreck. There's a difference between feeling your emotions and letting them control you..

Also, what's with all the job hunting videos but the lack of a job..who would take advice from her lol.
The conversation with her friend is today bizarre, sounds like a the talks they show between therapist nd client on reality tv shows not at all like a friend

Reactions: 7
The conversation with her friend is today bizarre, sounds like a the talks they show between therapist nd client on reality tv shows not at all like a friend
Wasn’t it another youtuber actually cause she gave her name? Unless they’re just called the same lol. Everything seems so exagerrated with her. Why didnt she call her best friend ruby granger 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What's up with her recently, honestly? She seems like her mental health is a wreck and needs serious help. One minute she's romanticizing her life and she's trying to make it seem like it's all casual magic and rainbows, saying she is "an adulting queen" the next she's breaking down 3 times a day. I don't know, it's getting uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: 10
In watching now.. what on earth would her flatmates think with her hole fniy coming ti helpo her move? Mine did that in y first year (as did most people I know) when we'd never lived outside of the family home but he's lived in 4 different cities now? Also.. how did he not check the WiFi didn't work in he room, or the fatmates didn't mention it when presumably she mentioned she is wfh? Big red flag imo
Honestly, having family help her move was -- to me -- probably the least weird part of the whole video. I live in London and if my parents (who live in another country altogether) were around to help me move, I would gladly take the help!

Everything else, though, was just...challenging to watch. Maybe I misunderstood but there was a part where it seemed like her roommate had let Jade work in her room/at her desk, which is nice and fine, but if I was the roommate and then found out that Jade was filming herself working in my room and putting it on youtube? Ugh, it would just make me feel so uncomfortable.

Reactions: 27
Honestly, having family help her move was -- to me -- probably the least weird part of the whole video. I live in London and if my parents (who live in another country altogether) were around to help me move, I would gladly take the help!

Everything else, though, was just...challenging to watch. Maybe I misunderstood but there was a part where it seemed like her roommate had let Jade work in her room/at her desk, which is nice and fine, but if I was the roommate and then found out that Jade was filming herself working in my room and putting it on youtube? Ugh, it would just make me feel so uncomfortable.
Gor me it was not the fajily as such, but how they were acting as if shed never lived awsy snd was moving hundreds of km away. The whole thing was awful tbh. Also jade wanted to have someone who'd be out in the day to be able to film and is now complaining about it

Reactions: 3
It’s bordering on queer baiting atp
I don't mean this in a way to chastise people who are genuinely exploring their gender and sexuality, but it really feels like it has become trendy for influencers and public figures to come out as "queer" but continue to exclusively be in heterosexual relationships or even hint to their fanbase that they're exploring their gender identity and that exploration turns out to be a AFAB person wearing cargo pants and tshirt. I also think that someone's gender and sexuality journey isn't something that neccesarily needs to be shared publically online. There's nothing wrong with it, but it opens up a conversation that influencers tend to get defensive about. For example, Harry Styles hinting at his queerness and openly fueling speculation about his gender and sexuality by publically speaking about exploring his gender and sexuality, and then getting upset when people point out that he's a cishet man deliberately profiting off of making his audience think that he may be queer. Someone's gender and sexuality is their personal business that they can choose not to share, but publically opening up that conversation is making it public business. The way he dresses for performances isn't what makes people speculate about his gender and sexuality. It's the fact that he makes it a point to tell interviewers unprompted that just because he presents as a cishet man doesn't mean that he is cishet. Coming out as ambiguous in regards to gender and sexuality unprompted serves no purpose unless you are hoping to gain something from your audience.

Reactions: 22
I don't mean this in a way to chastise people who are genuinely exploring their gender and sexuality, but it really feels like it has become trendy for influencers and public figures to come out as "queer" but continue to exclusively be in heterosexual relationships or even hint to their fanbase that they're exploring their gender identity and that exploration turns out to be a AFAB person wearing cargo pants and tshirt. I also think that someone's gender and sexuality journey isn't something that neccesarily needs to be shared publically online. There's nothing wrong with it, but it opens up a conversation that influencers tend to get defensive about. For example, Harry Styles hinting at his queerness and openly fueling speculation about his gender and sexuality by publically speaking about exploring his gender and sexuality, and then getting upset when people point out that he's a cishet man deliberately profiting off of making his audience think that he may be queer. Someone's gender and sexuality is their personal business that they can choose not to share, but publically opening up that conversation is making it public business. The way he dresses for performances isn't what makes people speculate about his gender and sexuality. It's the fact that he makes it a point to tell interviewers unprompted that just because he presents as a cishet man doesn't mean that he is cishet. Coming out as ambiguous in regards to gender and sexuality unprompted serves no purpose unless you are hoping to gain something from your audience.
Personally, given the history of queer repression, I don't think queerbaiting when it comes from people like Harry Styles or Jade is a bad thing.

Like, who they actually duck and how they actually think about their gender (which is really the piece of missing information up for debate in queerbating conversations) is basically, pretty much, irrelevant. The fact is that they can openly question and explore and say "actually I'm not sure I am normative". That's something we should celebrate, given men like Alan Turing and Oscar Wilde were treated as criminals for homosexuality, and women like Janis Ian were blacklisted in industries (duck Bill Cosby) for the merest hint of lesbianism (she didn't even know she was gay at the time).

It's not new. It's not new at all. David Bowie was very open about his bisexuality, as was Freddie Mercury. Harry Styles isn't a trailblazer for what he's doing, not like Boy George or Elton John, but then I'm not sure that people are really pretending he is.

I often fear conversations about queerbaiting veer into biphobia, just for comments like:

It really feels like it has become trendy for influencers and public figures to come out as "queer" but continue to exclusively be in heterosexual relationships or even hint to their fanbase that they're exploring their gender identity and that exploration turns out to be a AFAB person wearing cargo pants and tshirt.
Bisexuals end up dating more people of the opposite gender than they do the same gender because less people are homosexual than are afflicted by heterosexuality. Sure, we can have a conversation about how people who haven't been in homosexual relationships have not got certain experiences that those who have do, but to question identity beyond that is rude.

I suppose you can make a point of it being a way to deepen parasocial relationships with audiences: a (today) low stakes way to offer information about ones private life, but then should we not celebrate that it is now low stakes? Treat it with a "ok cool" and move on? It's no different, really, than Taylor Swift talking about her cats.

So no. There is no problem with Jade talking about being queer. If she says she's a queer girly, for all intents and purposes she's a queer girly. She has far worse things about her to criticise.

Reactions: 12
Why is she referring to herself as an “adulting queen in Sainsbury’s” 😭😭😭

You’re 24 Jade, going to the supermarket isnt some big exciting thing , it’s just another part of daily life 🤷🏻‍♂️
i need to get out more bcos going to thebig sainsburys twice a yr when i get my hair cut is genuinely exciting to me lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Personally, given the history of queer repression, I don't think queerbaiting when it comes from people like Harry Styles or Jade is a bad thing.

Like, who they actually duck and how they actually think about their gender (which is really the piece of missing information up for debate in queerbating conversations) is basically, pretty much, irrelevant. The fact is that they can openly question and explore and say "actually I'm not sure I am normative". That's something we should celebrate, given men like Alan Turing and Oscar Wilde were treated as criminals for homosexuality, and women like Janis Ian were blacklisted in industries (duck Bill Cosby) for the merest hint of lesbianism (she didn't even know she was gay at the time).

It's not new. It's not new at all. David Bowie was very open about his bisexuality, as was Freddie Mercury. Harry Styles isn't a trailblazer for what he's doing, not like Boy George or Elton John, but then I'm not sure that people are really pretending he is.

I often fear conversations about queerbaiting veer into biphobia, just for comments like:

Bisexuals end up dating more people of the opposite gender than they do the same gender because less people are homosexual than are afflicted by heterosexuality. Sure, we can have a conversation about how people who haven't been in homosexual relationships have not got certain experiences that those who have do, but to question identity beyond that is rude.

I suppose you can make a point of it being a way to deepen parasocial relationships with audiences: a (today) low stakes way to offer information about ones private life, but then should we not celebrate that it is now low stakes? Treat it with a "ok cool" and move on? It's no different, really, than Taylor Swift talking about her cats.

So no. There is no problem with Jade talking about being queer. If she says she's a queer girly, for all intents and purposes she's a queer girly. She has far worse things about her to criticise.
Yesss. Thank you. Sexuality and gender identity are really bleeping confusing. Yes some people are adamantly hetero, gay, ace, whatever. But a lot of us are just perpetually confused and queer feels like a good word to describe the situation.

Reactions: 4

Jade can talk about being queer all she wants, but when you label yourself as possibly being maybe being queer but not really but yes maybe queer to an audience, and then continue to be a cishet person, you get the benefits of gaining more people from a marginalized audience because they feel closer to you without any of the issues that comes with being a queer person. It's the equivalent of the Kardashians getting plastic surgery and deep fake tans to the point that people associate them with blackness and they reap benefits from that but they don't face any of the systematic racism that comes with being a black person in the US.
---
Yesss. Thank you. Sexuality and gender identity are really bleeping confusing. Yes some people are adamantly hetero, gay, ace, whatever. But a lot of us are just perpetually confused and queer feels like a good word to describe the situation.
Yes, but are you constantly telling people on the internet that unprompted and then getting upset when people comment on your gender and sexuality? There's a clear difference between genuine exploration and throwing out buzzwords to gain more views

Reactions: 8
Jade can talk about being queer all she wants, but when you label yourself as possibly being maybe being queer but not really but yes maybe queer to an audience, and then continue to be a cishet person, you get the benefits of gaining more people from a marginalized audience because they feel closer to you without any of the issues that comes with being a queer person. It's the equivalent of the Kardashians getting plastic surgery and deep fake tans to the point that people associate them with blackness and they reap benefits from that but they don't face any of the systematic racism that comes with being a black person in the US.
---

Yes, but are you constantly telling people on the internet that unprompted and then getting upset when people comment on your gender and sexuality? There's a clear difference between genuine exploration and throwing out buzzwords to gain more views
Gosh, sounds like you have some baggage of your own to work through.

You don't know her. Just like you don't know what is going on in Harry Styles' head with regard to his gender identity. Their (apparent) immunity from the queerphobic hate that exists in our society is a function of their economic privilege, not because they're not "actually" queer (as you seem to think). I see people saying homophobic things about Harry Styles. You're saying Biphobic things about Jade. If neither of these people are queer: people are still being queerphobic towards them.

Homophobia is not really about who someone fucks. Transphobia is not really about how someone feels about their gender. It's about how they break cisheterosexual norms in society. That's why queerbaiting discourse doesn't matter, because who someone fucks doesn't matter nearly as much as who people think they duck. Janis Ian was still blacklisted from American Television for lesbianism before she had ever had sex with a woman or even thought about having sex with a woman.

Queerbaiting discourse is what happens when people who do not have economic immunity from hatred are hurt by that hatred and become angry at people who do not seem to be similarly victimised by that hatred. It's doubting another person's purported reality because their experiences don't necessarily line up with ones own. I don't have anything against people who buy into it for that exact reason: it comes from a place of hurt. I get it, but this sort of chat is harmful to "straight passing" queers who don't sell their personality online. Who aren't doing what Jade is doing. Who are hurt by the bar being set so high, when in reality radical inclusion is what makes us strong.

I can't believe I am going to bat so hard for Jade here. She has said and done some bad things over the years and simply has not taken accountability for them. Travelling during the Pandemic, exoticising black people, being performatively emotional online. What we're not going to do is repeat Biphobic rhetoric as if it is a valid criticism.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Gosh, sounds like you have some baggage of your own to work through.

You don't know her. Just like you don't know what is going on in Harry Styles' head with regard to his gender identity. Their (apparent) immunity from the queerphobic hate that exists in our society is a function of their economic privilege, not because they're not "actually" queer (as you seem to think). I see people saying homophobic things about Harry Styles. You're saying Biphobic things about Jade. If neither of these people are queer: people are still being queerphobic towards them.

Homophobia is not really about who someone fucks. Transphobia is not really about how someone feels about their gender. It's about how they break cisheterosexual norms in society. That's why queerbaiting discourse doesn't matter, because who someone fucks doesn't matter nearly as much as who people think they duck. Janis Ian was still blacklisted from American Television for lesbianism before she had ever had sex with a woman or even thought about having sex with a woman.

Queerbaiting discourse is what happens when people who do not have economic immunity from hatred are hurt by that hatred and become angry at people who do not seem to be similarly victimised by that hatred. It's doubting another person's purported reality because their experiences don't necessarily line up with ones own. I don't have anything against people who buy into it for that exact reason: it comes from a place of hurt. I get it, but this sort of chat is harmful to "straight passing" queers who don't sell their personality online. Who aren't doing what Jade is doing. Who are hurt by the bar being set so high, when in reality radical inclusion is what makes us strong.

I can't believe I am going to bat so hard for Jade here. She has said and done some bad things over the years and simply has not taken accountability for them. Travelling during the Pandemic, exoticising black people, being performatively emotional online. What we're not going to do is repeat Biphobic rhetoric as if it is a valid criticism.
I don't doubt your intentions are good here but I think Jade is pulling the wool over your eyes. Remember, she is a full blown narcissist and she will do anything and everything to make it all about her in every situation all of the time. We've seen it over and over again from her so forgive us if we have some difficulty in believing her alleged queerness. I simply don't buy it from her.

Reactions: 16
I really hate this discussion of whether she is queer or queerbaiting or whatever. We have no idea what she's doing with her life, outside of these snippets she gives us through her YouTube and Instagram. Sometimes it feels like we see everything (especially with these constant videos she's forcing on us with her crying) but there's so much she could be experiencing outside of that she isn't sharing. And that could be her queerness, in whatever form that takes.

Maybe she is queerbaiting, but we can't ever really know. But if she's not (or even if she is) this constant questioning is so harmful to anyone who might be questioning their queerness, or experimenting with it, or embracing it but not 100% openly. You don't have to perform it for it to be real? Especially not in front of thousands of viewers while you're still figuring it out for yourself.

Awful narcissistic people are queer too. One doesn't negate the other.

Jade chooses and picks things to make her whole or a large part of her personality

Totally understandable that people would question queerness being part of that

Reactions: 12
Jade chooses and picks things to make her whole or a large part of her personality

Totally understandable that people would question queerness being part of that
Yeah. I just don't see the point in criticising this particular point because it's impossible for us to know either way. That's just my take though 🤷

Reactions: 2