Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I agree, I at least expected her to show us where she was living but it's entirely been 'watch me talk about casual magic in a random park' instead of showing us literally anything about the places she's been
That really confused me when she was talking about not planning out her term so much or setting goals for she should experience while there. We hardly see her go anywhere or do anything

Reactions: 3

Merpedy

VIP Member
Sort of petty but "The Disappeared" just makes me think she's on the edge of going into a rant about how the whole thing is a conspiracy

slamvs27

VIP Member
I predict -
she'll transition to some kind of lifestyle vlogger, produce a poorly written book and start a scammy thing like Dinara such as charging her followers for courses on how to take advantage of the casual magic around you. Or something. :LOL: Ofc she's probably not too worried, she's been making plenty from her channel this whole time.
She's already produced a poorly written book, ironically.

• Haha

formerly_sitkx

Chatty Member
Did anyone ever see YouTube videos by Americans doing "semester at sea"?
oh God yes, I've fallen down the rabbit hole watching those before. It's also clear they're not actually studying, just pretending to be students while on a cruise for an exorbitant amount of money

emm

VIP Member
I feel like she dips in and out of the pride/LGBTQ+ things her instagram when it suits her and IMO you're either part of it or you're not. If she is, that's totally fine but why does she only talk about it when pride events are taking place? The LGBTQ+ community have to go through/tackle issues all year round in terms of rights and having a place in the world etc so why not talk about it consistently?
Yeh I agree, as someone else said she is behaving like how companies do during pride, only mentioned when they can profit from it

dagny

I've just seen the vlog sponsored by the Sony camera and I can't believe it was approved by them? The audio quality sounds shit, and anytime she vlogged whilst moving the frame rate was unwatchable.

TheTatler

Didn't realize this already started, so just copy pasting my last post here.

I heard people discourage students to opt for German private unis even if one has the funds.
Is this any better?

Perhaps he does not have to worry about jobs if he is planning to work at his dad's company as a product manager.

But, still, how come their parents are chill about them studying in "unconventional" unis like Minerva and CODE?

bcfc999

Chatty Member
It's a virtual language school hosted on Zoom. So you sign up, taking a placement test and then start learning with their curriculum. There are 10-12 thematic "chapters" in each level which correlates to a CEFR level and 4 "lessons" within each chapter: vocabulary, communication, grammar, and a review lesson. Those "lessons" are the classes and they build upon one another so that you learn relevant vocab, grammar, and pronunciation related to the chapter theme (say, "the grocery store" or "the train station" or "going to work.") There are 50-ish lessons total in each CEFR level. Each class has 4-5 students max but as I got more advanced my classes were more like 1-3 students.

Most people know of Lingoda because of their "sprints" where you commit to taking X classes in Y amount of time and get a massive refund. Of course, it's very hard to actually complete the sprint because the rules are intentionally very specific and you can't take more than one class a day as part of a sprint so if you fall behind it's impossible to catch up. They also have "marathons" where you get a (smaller) discount for attending 90% of your classes over a longer period of time, like 3/6 months. And then they run a subscription service where you pay monthly for a set amount of classes.

The most valuable part of Lingoda is that you have access to their whole curriculum from vocabulary lists to grammar explanations and they even offer pages upon pages of "homework" at the end of each lesson. However, I think most people who do the sprint are so busy attending classes they don't have time to take advantage of that stuff. Also, bc of availability it's nearly impossible to attend the classes in the right order all the time. Sometimes I'd have random beginners in my intermediate classes because they were in a sprint and just needed to attend *something* to get credit for the day. So that was a bit annoying for everyone involved.

TLDR It's definitely a legit company but runs with the classic DTC subscription model so you can't see pricing till you give them your info, can't purchase classes without a subscription, etc. I'd recommend the marathon (which I did) but not the sprint, it's set up for you to fail.
This is so interesting, thanks for sharing - I'd only heard about the sprints before so I was sceptical but it sounds like there's a lot of good content there, you just need to be disciplined and motivated to take advantage of it.

renta

is anyone going to listen to her new meditative podcast ep? she says she goes into some personal stuff she's never shared online before- nosy me wants to know exactly what this is but lazy me can't be bothered to spend 30 mins of my life listening

The issue is also that she's chosen such a shit uni that just makes that impossible. I don't think anybody would be able to learn a language while living in two different countries where you also don't speak the local language. The issue is really how much and quickly they're moving around and how little they're immersed.
If you're doing a semester or year abroad at a normal uni, you'd probably take some time at least the previous semester to learn some of the language (ideally in an actual class, not whatever online platform you're paid to promote), but a lot of people also go abroad not being great at the language. You're going there to learn and that's fine imo, but the way that happens is usually a language class (oftentimes somewhat intensive) in an actual classroom at an actual university and immersion. And because you're only going to one country and not immediately moving to another country where you also don't speak the language, you can keep studying the language when you return home.
Part of it is for sure Jade being ignorant but I think it's also that she chose a uni where being ignorant is kind of required...
You’re right. It’s quite tricky constantly moving countries. Just doesn’t make sense to me this uni. She could of applied for other unis too. Or maybe she was too overwhelmed. Idk what goes on in that head of hers but I sure would love to test her Spanish ;)

In mexico: omg look at all the cute little mexican people wearing their sombreros and eating their fajitas 🥰
Haha. In Guatemala:
Look at all these Tiny people! *takes photos of them*
I would take some offence to that if I saw myself on her story without my permission

emm

VIP Member
Aaahhh Jade. She does it again. Tries to sound wise, enlightened, and intelligent, but again shows just how sheltered and idiotic she is.

I am cringing so hard that she said "LITERALLY the hardest thing you will ever do". Does she really not hear herself? She sounds so arrogant. Plus, use the definition of 'literally' correctly, Jade.

If Jade was a parody account of the basic, rich, white girl who thinks she is spiritual, it would be comedy genius.
Maybe it is and she is trolling us all. The whole minerva thing was just a joke and her cohort were all just paid actors 🤣

• Haha

Gyvate

How close was she from reaching her donation goal for the app? Maybe she was saving herself the embarrassment because it wasn't likely to raise enough funds in time?

emm

VIP Member
Anyone watch her brothers latest video about his relationship? I'm just about to start now out of morbid curiosity 🤣

emm

VIP Member
It's a virtual language school hosted on Zoom. So you sign up, taking a placement test and then start learning with their curriculum. There are 10-12 thematic "chapters" in each level which correlates to a CEFR level and 4 "lessons" within each chapter: vocabulary, communication, grammar, and a review lesson. Those "lessons" are the classes and they build upon one another so that you learn relevant vocab, grammar, and pronunciation related to the chapter theme (say, "the grocery store" or "the train station" or "going to work.") There are 50-ish lessons total in each CEFR level. Each class has 4-5 students max but as I got more advanced my classes were more like 1-3 students.

Most people know of Lingoda because of their "sprints" where you commit to taking X classes in Y amount of time and get a massive refund. Of course, it's very hard to actually complete the sprint because the rules are intentionally very specific and you can't take more than one class a day as part of a sprint so if you fall behind it's impossible to catch up. They also have "marathons" where you get a (smaller) discount for attending 90% of your classes over a longer period of time, like 3/6 months. And then they run a subscription service where you pay monthly for a set amount of classes.

The most valuable part of Lingoda is that you have access to their whole curriculum from vocabulary lists to grammar explanations and they even offer pages upon pages of "homework" at the end of each lesson. However, I think most people who do the sprint are so busy attending classes they don't have time to take advantage of that stuff. Also, bc of availability it's nearly impossible to attend the classes in the right order all the time. Sometimes I'd have random beginners in my intermediate classes because they were in a sprint and just needed to attend *something* to get credit for the day. So that was a bit annoying for everyone involved.

TLDR It's definitely a legit company but runs with the classic DTC subscription model so you can't see pricing till you give them your info, can't purchase classes without a subscription, etc. I'd recommend the marathon (which I did) but not the sprint, it's set up for you to fail.
Interesting, as a teacher this sounds like a nightmare to teach

Merpedy

VIP Member
that caption about spending 99% of her time studyinf is a joke, she spends 99% of her time posing for cringey selfies.
Also that post about being "healthy enough" to get a period, obviously if you are severely malnourished and underweight you are unlikely to get your periods but having a period has little to do with health. Such an odd caption
The whole story is just so weird. Is she okay?