Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neina

So she did think that Minerva was a scam. Just shows how privileged she is to throw thousands of dollars at something she isn't sure about.
I feel like she is also trying to convince herself and everyone else that it wasn't a scam. She's been talking about this aspect more open recently, I think more so than in the past 4 years but I might be wrong. Clearly it's been sitting on her mind.
I have no idea who this person (Liberty) is but the fact that she's trying to make Minerva sound good by saying their graduate lives in SF??? Um... okay???? What do they do now??? Work? Research? I also live in a city. Great, didn't know I can use that as a selling point 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It honestly pisses me off that she talks about impostor syndrome and insecurity as if she experiences it on a level remotely close to reality. People with crippling impostor syndrome don't make school/uni advice videos as if they're the ultimate expert. She's been consistently hyping herself up for years, so anything she claims is honed by years of experience regarding what people like from youtubers.

fwooper

VIP Member
This year is just going to be a series of videos about ~what they don't tell you about life after uni~. I feel like she's already made the same video three times already.

There's nothing wrong with taking some time off after uni before working, lots of people do, but I feel like Jade will spend this year making the same mopey videos. After a few months at home I think she'll do some more gap yah travelling/voluntourism thing before eventually announcing her new greenwashing startup. I don't think her management will want her to sit on her arse for long, I'm sure they'll be pushing for her to do more business ventures while she's still relevant.

I think she's missing an opportunity to do a real job for a bit that's outside of the Minerva or YouTube bubble. As far as I'm aware though she has no intentions of actively applying to things - she just says wishy washy stuff about researching the ~edtech space~ which sounds to me like she wants to set up something of her own rather than apply to things.

burnthatbridge

as a Scot i physically cannot bring myself to watch the new video because I just know it will make me want to wring her neck

• Haha

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Such a waste of brain power, she has the ability to ace exams (see her GCSEs and A Levels) yet she is such an air head and oblivious to really obvious things like her carbon footprint.

emm

VIP Member
I think she said she's loan free because of YouTube. Honestly should just stop watching and giving her money to pollute more than she already has
She acts as if she is from some low income family "my parents didn't go to uni " " I paid with youtube" her family definitely are very middle/upper class from her dad's scam job

emm

VIP Member
Honestly, I can't stand Folk, but it still makes me sad to think he got into unis like UCL and Edinburgh (I forget exactly where he applied to, but he seemed to have some great offers) and he's throwing all of that away for an overpriced uni that's not taken seriously by anyone. He and Jade both got excellent grades, but they surely can't have any critical thinking skills.
Agreed, I imagine JAde had a lot of influence in his choice. Watching her latest video of scotland, this was paid for by the tourist board, shouldn't all her isntaposts have been described as ads? Also I cannot she FLEW to scotland! what a nature lover Jade, we are now drastically seeing the effects of climate change even in the UK and she flies instead of taking the train

emmer_moans

VIP Member
She made a tiktok explaining how she's going to take another gap year, because she doesn't have a career path in front of her eyes and she's burnt out and needs some rest. So much for that Minerva degree!

I'm not surprised by this, honestly. But I do find it odd that her whole personality has been "Jade the academic weapon" and now she has absolutely no idea what to do with her life. But I guess gap years make great content lol
Oh gawd she's going to do a year of yoga pose tiktoks on top of mountains, isn't she?! Lots of eyes closed selfies. Possibly also gp visit each of her Minerva pals in turn.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I’d forgotten about Jade for a while. Where is she off to next, is it her final semester?
Don’t they go back to the US for the last semester? I’ve said this before but Jade’s degree feels like it’s never going to end, it feels fat, far longer than four years.

• Haha

NolanaLoo

You’d think after all this travel, living out of home, living with others and studying Jade would be a bit more self aware and intelligent…like she would’ve improved her IQ and EQ but she has actually regressed…. Idk much about Minerva or their model (I’m sure it’s scam) but wouldn’t you think that she’d have something to show for? Nah. Like why are you promoting Lingoda in a video about going to Taipei when they don’t teach Mandarin….? Why the dirty suitcase on the bed? She just has no skills…. She is so odd… even when you watch her in her video with her roommates she’s just odd… unless the convo is about her she cbf and anytime its about someone else she does the fake praising. It’s gross.

ECH

VIP Member
Also why hold it against your school when you left 5 years ago? Schools have a lot to fit into 6 hours a day. You have access to most of the knowledge in the world at your fingertips these days, if you don't know something just look it up? I swear she acts like everything she doesn't know has been conspiratorially kept from her.

Bob93

Chatty Member
Does she actually believe that acceptance rate thing? She can’t do, right?

• Haha

slamvs27

VIP Member
Her recent video is such a joke.

Lanterns are sus, I did research!! :(
to
Lanterns are pretty!! :)
to
Lanterns are sus!! I saw the aftereffects :(
to
But lanterns are pretty!! :)

She's trying so hard to seem woke but to also justify her colonialist, capitalist, wasteful self. She thinks acknowledging her privilege/ her terrible impact on the Earth is a green light for her to do whatever she wants. Like no Jade, the fact that you're aware of your malaffects and choose to do them anyway makes you 1000x worse than someone who's ignorant. Because at least they can learn from their mistakes and not repeat them again.

I can't keep up with her and her shit. Just admit you care more about you and your ~casual magic experiences~ than supposedly being ecofriendly and woke. At least then you'll be an honest hypocrite.

Larancia

She is so out of touch with the real world it disgusts me. It's the hardest thing YOU will ever do, Jade.
Interesting that she thinks accessibility is only about financial aspect...

I mean never mind any possible responsibilities you can not discard completely for days. (Elderly parents to look after, young kids to take care of, jobs that require you to be accesible even on your off days, pets you are responsible of, medical conditions, disabilities and who knows what else...)

Fastgirl154

I’d love to hear what it’s like being disabled at Minerva… except I don’t think it’s even accessible enough for anyone whose disabled.

xaannaa

Goes to south America with its own very rich indigenous history plus the unwanted history of colonialism. Says there's so much European architecture here and the South America of Paris. She is honestly gold.
She "has no idea what to expect", you can't be asking her to do research before she moves to a new country? That would be so not casual magic of her?!

(Paris of South America* btw )

I also always think it's strange to post photos - esp. close-ups - of strangers (presumably) without their informed consent. That waiter who took her bereal probably wasn't told she was going to post an unflattering picture of him to her 250k instagram followers, possibly didn't even know it was going to take a photo of him... poor guy was just trying to do his job but unknowingly became content for her instagram

sheleg

VIP Member
I can’t put into words how much I despise the phrase “casual magic”.

It puts me in mind of a really louche and slightly scruffy magician shrugging his shoulders in a really corny way.

• Haha