Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
I've fallen down a rabbit hole watching these minerva vlogs, it is so funny how they describe things as if they are only a minerva thing this one talking about living in London is a case in point, being in a flat not "trapped in a campus bubble" apart from freshers anyone who studies at uni in London will just be living in a flat around the city
I think a lot of these people have an idea of uni that comes from American college shows where they live on campus for four years straight and everyone knows everyone

Reactions: 18

Redrose97

Chatty Member
I think that she is going to miss university is for the fact that her friends and other students constantly give her praise and all this positivity. They wrote letters to another and give another affiliations , and seem to be very close with another. I think it's either trauma bonding from being in shit accomodation together or having to do exercises in Minerva like tell another their vulnerabilities to another ect. I don't know if a lot of it is the fact that being a Minerva student means you can't relate to 'normal' people now as well so she is struggling to fit back at home. I do wonder if she has many non Minervans/YouTube friends. I found her friendship with Ruby Granger to be odd for some reason, no idea why.

I think that jade likes having Minervans as friends as they come from all these different countries and it makes her interesting, especially as she is obsessed with cultures on a superficial level. It's probably part of the reason she is friends with them knowing Jade.

It makes me think of godmother in Fleabag introducing all of her interesting friends at her wedding e.g. one was deaf, one a lesbian, one was a bisexual refugee ect. I can see Jade doing that. I can't attach a clip but a very specific reference if anyone who has seen Fleabag😅

• Haha

ECH

VIP Member
Jade do research about the country you're moving to challenge 🙄

How does she move to an entirely different country and not bring a warmer layer than a denim jacket??
She thinks she doesn't need to do any research because she's so enlightened. Never mind that the country of Argentina is literally where you travel from to go to Antarctica, the entire country is obviously a warm paradise because that's how Jade imagined it.

come on guys she works just as hard if not harder than us peasants who had regular jobs at uni
i know it's already been a few weeks and everyone already discussed this but i randomly thought of this comment of hers this morning and I'm just...I just have to rant guys😩😂 how does she not see how privileged this comes across? most students have jobs, jobs that are much harder than sitting in front of a camera talking absolute bullshit like she does. on top of that, a lot of us have to do (often unpaid or lowpaid) internships to somehow try to get into the industry we see a career in because not all of us have rich & sleazy MLM dads. she really needs a reality check. i recognize that being a youtuber is a real job and there are many who put out incredible content and dedicate a lot of time and effort into their projects but jade???! also she can very much work whenever and however she wants. most of us don't have that privilege. my god, how can someone be this disconnected from everything?

What's so weird to me is that the place they're staying in looks kind of expensive, and yet they're sharing bedrooms? The only reason I can think of why anyone would share a bedroom is because it's cheaper and you don't have a lot of money, but this looks fancy?

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I think she said she paid with just her money in a YouTube video
But her family are definitely well off, not every family has the money to go on holiday as often as they do
Vee Kativhu shared on her Instagram a couple of years ago that she was able to pay off her Harvard fees thanks to adverts she had done. I remember her clapping herself on her own back about being able to afford it. Jade will have also done enough Instagram ads over the years to be able to chuck serious cash at her loan repayments. I expect she probably has paid them off already.

• Wow
  • Haha

slamvs27

VIP Member
^ just like how she said she's "going minimal" with clothes but is in a new outfit every few times she posts, just like how her being vegan doesn't even matter because she's flown at least 5 times in the past few years alone...

Make it make sense. It's giving Leonardo DiCaprio flying his private jet to receive an environmental award. And preaching at US as if she's gonna be the next Greta Thunberg and find the solution to climate action. You can start by emitting less CO2 than the average person, Jade.

What a hypocrite. What a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

emm

VIP Member
Tbh taking a year off is much less of an issue than the fact that she has a degree that needs to be explained every time. Imagine that at a job interview(if you get there..)?

ECH

VIP Member
True, she had her own apartment the second semester she stayed in Berlin (right?), so the semester before London. Seemed like she had some trouble finding a place though iirc. This summer in Berlin she also seemed to live by herself but that obviously wasn't during term time and was only for a month(?). She stayed in Minerva accommodation in London and now in Buenos Aires, so maybe she didn't have a good experience living by herself during term time? If she decided to go with Minerva accommodation even in her home country? Idk not to interpret too much into that but I think it's interesting that she made that choice once but then went back to staying in uni accommodation the next semester.
Pretty sure she just lived alone in Berlin because of that Niklas guy and her wanting to get dicked down regularly

• Haha
  • Sick

Blueglacier

Apparently New York is covered in smog and she of course hasn't mentioned that because that'd take out the romanticizing part.
Jesus Christ the influencer class needs to end. They can't use the excuse of the carbon footprint was manufactured by BP because they are so wealthy and excessive in their lifestyles that they are absolutely part of the problem.
It can and should be both, we should be the change we want to see in the world and Jade going on about how she loves nature while single handedly destroying it is insane. Make that woman stop flying please she emits at least a 100000kg of carbon a year when we should be emitting less than 3000kg.

tumble

Omg please someone help me.
I swear in one of Jade's video's she says she could sit with the ceo of BP and just have a conversation with him to get him to understand that yes he is a bad person? Am I making that up? I need to see the clip again because I can't believe it. Like if it's true, how fucking deluded do you have to be?

• Haha
I don't think Minerva's trying to recruit genuine students passionate about their academics lol. Jade and Dinara are selling the aesthetic of traveling the world and taking fancy-sounding classes to kids with no concept of how much a dollar is worth.

emm

VIP Member
Also no one is forcing her to go anywhere , all of the classes are remote anyway

missmina

VIP Member
Meh, I’ve been diagnosed and medicated for ADHD since I was a kid and genuinely, this condition has caused me nothing but grief my whole life lmao. Genuinely cannot think of a single positive of having it, like, without stimulant medication I cannot function as a normal human being 😅.
Maybe that’s just my personal experience and it’s not so bad for others, but yea I defo do take offense to someone who doesn’t have this disorder telling ADHDers that it’s a ‘superpower’, that’s too much.
It’s basically like saying that depression is a super power. I have both and both are making my life extremely difficult. Not to mention the treatment is quite expensive. There are no positive sides to it and I’m not gonna pretend there are. The only way I can live my life is getting treatment and fighting the symptoms. It’s so disgusting to just call it a sUpErPoWeR🦋, she’s so dumb and toxic she should just stop posting on social media altogether.

• Heart

xaannaa

I saw she was in Buenos Aires. I just don’t understand if she knew she was heading to Argentina Why didn’t she learn Spanish years ahead of time. Like you can’t move to a country learn the language for a little while and then drop it altogether. I just hope she records herself trying to speak Spanish to them. Would be interesting to see if they can make out what she’s trying to say. My mother tongue is Spanish so I’m sorry if my English is Terrible.
The issue is also that she's chosen such a shit uni that just makes that impossible. I don't think anybody would be able to learn a language while living in two different countries where you also don't speak the local language. The issue is really how much and quickly they're moving around and how little they're immersed.
If you're doing a semester or year abroad at a normal uni, you'd probably take some time at least the previous semester to learn some of the language (ideally in an actual class, not whatever online platform you're paid to promote), but a lot of people also go abroad not being great at the language. You're going there to learn and that's fine imo, but the way that happens is usually a language class (oftentimes somewhat intensive) in an actual classroom at an actual university and immersion. And because you're only going to one country and not immediately moving to another country where you also don't speak the language, you can keep studying the language when you return home.
Part of it is for sure Jade being ignorant but I think it's also that she chose a uni where being ignorant is kind of required...

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Her thesis defence being rescheduled at the last minute, yet another sign of a great well organised uni 😅

• Haha