Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And the whole thing is fairly gimmick-y and imo very different from researching actual ancestors for a family tree, so I can definitely see posh rich kids do these tests (whereas like you said, actual research to build a family tree is probably something middle-aged/older people are more interested in)
From what I understand, it's somewhat common to take these tests and be matched to people you may be related to through Ancestry or similar sites. The one negative with the circle DNA kit is that uploading the DNA data isn't possible to other sites, so you're missing a part of that experience which you'd get with a cheaper test kit

Reactions: 3
From what I understand, it's somewhat common to take these tests and be matched to people you may be related to through Ancestry or similar sites. The one negative with the circle DNA kit is that uploading the DNA data isn't possible to other sites, so you're missing a part of that experience which you'd get with a cheaper test kit
Yeah the fact you can’t find relatives on it or upload the raw data is a massive drawback, that could’ve been really useful and interesting for her considering she said her dad was adopted.

Reactions: 6
yeah, what i meant was more that i don't see young people doing it in order to find relatives, it's moreso to be like "I'm this percentage vietnamese" (like they seem to be more interested in the gimmicky side of it) whereas someone who was interested in building a family tree might find the percentages interesting but ultimately would likely have to put more work in to connect the dots, research records etc. (or just not take a test and research records on their own)

Reactions: 5
Literally just proved my point. See a rainbow reflected onto a random surface? Casual magic.
I feel like these little private joys are best left to be appreciated for a fleeting moment by yourself. Not broadcast it to thousands of people to somehow prove a point.

Also "Curly Corner" makes my skin crawl, IDK why.

Reactions: 23
This is a really petty thing but I’m two minutes into the DNA video and she’s already said that she’s a ✨biology nerd✨ like three times… Girl where?? Your university doesn’t even offer labs and as far as I remember she isn’t even doing natural sciences at Minerva

Update: okay I laughed out loud when she said “My IQ is very average, as expected” - yes, yes we did in fact expect that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Could she BE any more annoying? Also “curly corner” is a tit name haha, why is she trying to make curly hair a substitute for a personality? She’s so lame
Her following is so dead, can’t believe no one suggested Series McSeriesface 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love that she chose one of the hottest days for a lot of people to give people a sign that they should be doing some work

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love that she chose one of the hottest days for a lot of people to give people a sign that they should be doing some work
"Drop everything you're doing right now and get to work on that thing you've been wanting to do and you too can get a publishing outlet nobody's ever heard of to print your vanity book that almost nobody will buy and certainly nobody will need!"

Jade, some of us have actual adult responsibilities to handle, like going to our grown-up jobs during a pandemic and trying not to die.

Reactions: 19
If I was going to draw attention to an instagram page I made when I was 14, I think I would check through first to make sure all of the words were kind...
I get doing that when you were so young and making mistakes... but still not realsing that is not okay?!

Reactions: 7
I get doing that when you were so young and making mistakes... but still not realsing that is not okay?!
I’d give context for the year too
A lot of the words that were once used are now considered politically incorrect. Seems like there was discussion as early as 2005 that the word wasn’t politically correct, but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard it used numerous times during secondary school and I’m the same age as Jade 🤷🏼‍♀️

No, that doesn’t make it okay and she really should have checked the account just in case but at the same time it may have been seen to be more “acceptable” back then

Reactions: 6
2015 though?! It wasn’t ok to use that word then from what I remember 🥴

Even so, as an influencer you’d go through and delete before linking it to your main account today.

People have been “cancelled” for less!

Reactions: 10
2015 though?! It wasn’t ok to use that word then from what I remember 🥴
Think you’ll find teenagers don’t care much for what the general society thinks, even if they’re online

When gay became politically incorrect as an insult (though it was probably politically incorrect in the general society by then also?) I remember my school running whole talks about it and really cracking down on it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Think you’ll find teenagers don’t care much for what the general society thinks, even if they’re online

When gay became politically incorrect as an insult (though it was probably politically incorrect in the general society by then also?) I remember my school running whole talks about it and really cracking down on it 🤷🏼‍♀️
😂 Funnily enough I was a teenager once myself so I know.

I went to a rough state school and even there it was unacceptable to use that word so I’m surprised. Maybe it wasn’t in yours and other places at that time but my second point of her being sloppy and not removing the word earlier still stands.

Reactions: 3

From what I see of the youngest generation (late Gen Z onwards) online, 'gay' has looped round to being an insult again though in an ironic way. I'm not sure they would care about calling something '******', especially any American fans of Jade as it's not an offensive word there.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.