Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a teenager and people use ******/spazzing a lot (International British school). Didn't realise it was a bad word to use. It's just used in a joking context I guess. It doesn't offend anyone at my school.

No one really uses gay as an insult anymore, that ended after y7 or 8 I think.

Idk this is just my experience as a high-schooler

Reactions: 4
“You were reading booktok books before booktok even existed” these books were extremely popular in 2015 and bookstagram existed. Her followers worship her so much and it fuels her “im unique” vibe

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Idk why this has me so bothered... she feels the need to present proof that "books affected her life soo much" and proceeds to show off her... book Instagram full of things that every other kid of her demographic was also reading at that time...
"I was the OG!"
Give me a break, man.

Reactions: 19
Why is there a montage of pictures of books with the captions "THE CREATIVITY" and "THE DEDICATION". Don't people just put up pictures reminiscing the books they read as a teen? Why is she complimenting herself on reading (literally something most people did before life got too busy?). Next it's going to be selfies with "THE BEAUTY" and "THE MASTER OF LANGUAGES" or "THE QUEEN". She's so far up her own ass it's actually unbelievable 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Why is there a montage of pictures of books with the captions "THE CREATIVITY" and "THE DEDICATION". Don't people just put up pictures reminiscing the books they read as a teen? Why is she complimenting herself on reading (literally something most people did before life got too busy?). Next it's going to be selfies with "THE BEAUTY" and "THE MASTER OF LANGUAGES" or "THE QUEEN". She's so far up her own ass it's actually unbelievable 🤣
The DEDICATION it took to read a dozen of the most popular YA books that most teenagers also read! Give her an award already!

• Haha
“You were reading booktok books before booktok even existed” these books were extremely popular in 2015 and bookstagram existed. Her followers worship her so much and it fuels her “im unique” vibe
Right?! As an old fogey I remember Tumblr circa 2012/13 when all anyone ever talked about was John Green novels and Harry Potter.

Reactions: 18
i wonder if it‘s anything like Erimentha‘s To Do List by Ruby
I guess with the main difference being that she wouldn't even bother to invent a character representing herself, however crappy the attempt. She would just write plain self-fanfic about the biggest not-like-other-girls, casual-magic-queen ever to wander the world, Jade Bowler.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Idk, anyone else feel like the book thing is something to do with Jack and Ruby? She’s been talking about books a lot recently, first with call me by your name, then with getting the song of achilles and red white and royal blue for free at some tiktok thing, now with her fan account. Maybe something to do with their shared management but maybe not. It seems to have come all of a sudden out of nowhere. Also, I’m not shaming contemporary/YA fiction, I love the genres myself, but is it really something to shout about that you read the most popular books and nothing else really? Nearly everyone has read these books, and don’t make a huge thing out of it.

Reactions: 14
Idk, anyone else feel like the book thing is something to do with Jack and Ruby? She’s been talking about books a lot recently, first with call me by your name, then with getting the song of achilles and red white and royal blue for free at some tiktok thing, now with her fan account. Maybe something to do with their shared management but maybe not. It seems to have come all of a sudden out of nowhere. Also, I’m not shaming contemporary/YA fiction, I love the genres myself, but is it really something to shout about that you read the most popular books and nothing else really? Nearly everyone has read these books, and don’t make a huge thing out of it.
Yes, I think maybe Jack's success with book videos has influencered her recent book content!

Reactions: 2
I feel like a couple of her videos are just her reiterating information that she's read in self help books she doesn't seem to offer any in depth opinion or views like Ruby or Jack whatever promo she's doing for kids i don't think she's a great choice i just get this false / sense of fakeness when she posts about books where as a person like Ruby seems genuinely deeply invested with books.

Reactions: 7
Maybe she’s just a bit jealous and secretly wishes she’d never dropped English. And that Instagram account, good god. I don’t think it’s a weird thing for a 14 year old to make but to still stand by it….if it was me I’d have deleted that thing years ago.

Reactions: 11
Just going to drop my irrelevant thoughts here. I think within the context of the time and her age, the use of the word "s****y" is understandable, but not acceptable. She's done far worse in my opinion and her simply stating - "I apologise for the word I used, I have grown and learnt that it is unacceptable and I hope you can forgive me for my past mistakes" would be fine and would go down a treat because ✨growth✨. The context of wording is hard because of the different meaning it holds to different people but I think it's clear that it's not a nice word to use, but she could very easily take ownership of it.

Secondly. I love Jack and I think his content is great, and I think she's definitely going to be jumping on the bandwagon. Jack's content, however, is actually unique and engaging, and I just KNOW Jade is going to ruin it

Reactions: 12
What makes me laugh is that there were book tumblrs (never looked at IG but I imagine it’s the same) that genuinely put effort into promoting or reviewing books. They had pretty pictures that weren’t just the books on the desk and detailed reviews or discussions on the books

Jade’s book IG just looks very amateur in comparison tbh. Hardly creative or showing dedication. Damn, I ran a book page on Tumblr at around her age and put more effort in 😬

Reactions: 10
Her smug face in the insta story about "inspiring kids to read" ... oh god she's insufferable. And also "the summer of self" ... narcissistic Jade strikes again

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.