Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god. She's exactly like half the girls I went to school with. I can't get more than 1 minute into her videos!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
i'm pretty sure actually that jade said at one point somwhere where her brother was going to uni (can't remember where though!), and that he didn't apply to oxbridge...

Reactions: 2
i'm pretty sure actually that jade said at one point somwhere where her brother was going to uni (can't remember where though!), and that he didn't apply to oxbridge...
I hope it wasn't because of her that he didn't apply... I imagine she would be enough of a crappy human to discourage him from applying since she - the genius golden child - didn't get in then how would he.

Reactions: 18
The fact that she's still so hung up about Oxford shows that she truly believed she would get it, and that she's not 100% happy at Minerva. I know so many people who got rejected from Oxbridge and they just don't care now. She must have been genuinely shocked at her rejection to still be harping on about it as if she's the only person in the world to have gone through that!

Reactions: 34
Also if that’s the only rejection she’s faced in her life then she needs to reflect on that…. Know your privilege Jade!!!

Reactions: 29
It's just truly not normal to still be dwelling on a university rejection from when you were 17 years old while you're going into your third year of university. I feel like she promotes the idea that you should romanticise your rejection as a life changing moment and you need to do a long period of soul searching and self-analysis to figure out why you got rejected to get over it. But I think that can be quite a toxic approach to getting over a uni/job rejection. Sure, let yourself be upset for a while but sometimes you just have to train your brain to stop thinking and talking about it in order to move on. Not every minor setback in life needs to be treated like some kind of trauma.

Reactions: 40
She's always going about self growth yet is hanging onto this Oxford rejection for years 🤷🏽‍♀️ She's in for a rude awakening if she has to find a job one day outside of social media

Reactions: 20
It's just truly not normal to still be dwelling on a university rejection from when you were 17 years old while you're going into your third year of university. I feel like she promotes the idea that you should romanticise your rejection as a life changing moment and you need to do a long period of soul searching and self-analysis to figure out why you got rejected to get over it. But I think that can be quite a toxic approach to getting over a uni/job rejection. Sure, let yourself be upset for a while but sometimes you just have to train your brain to stop thinking and talking about it in order to move on. Not every minor setback in life needs to be treated like some kind of trauma.
I think that’s her narrow view and expeirence regarding everything is the major problem with her tbh

A) the extract on how failure in exams doesn’t reflect on you as a person

I think she probably has had some bad grades and that’s fine but it’s not the same as seemingly failing the exams for the next step of your life. She hasn’t experienced that so her advice doesn’t really help anyone imo. Everyone around you will be saying that school doesn’t reflect you as a person and whatever

I also feel like a lot of people don’t see exams as extension of themselves. Many of the people I met who have applied to Oxbridge just didn’t care that much in the end. Jade does seem to do that

B) her whole rejection thing
Is just unrealistic and narrow and I really don’t like that her followers aren’t just setting her straight on it. It seems really unhealthy to not be over this after this many years

The Oxbridge rejects I talked to and myself included more or less knew why they were rejected or could guess some of the reasons. She still seems to… not understand that? I wonder if that’s why she thinks there needs to be a lot of soul searching and the like, but again her experience just isn’t that representative of the average student

Reactions: 10
The Oxbridge rejects I talked to and myself included more or less knew why they were rejected or could guess some of the reasons. She still seems to… not understand that? I wonder if that’s why she thinks there needs to be a lot of soul searching and the like, but again her experience just isn’t that representative of the average student
To me, Jade’s Oxford rejection shows that their system was working. I don’t mean that in a nasty way, but more that the fact she’s gone from wanting to study science at Oxford to a uni that doesn’t even offer science suggests that they picked up that she either wasn’t that enthusiastic or that her interest in science didn’t align with their course and teaching. I’m really surprised that she’s hasn’t realised that.

Reactions: 59
I mean, she said herself the reason she got rejected was because she met people at interview for whom biology was “their whole life” and for her it wasn’t. Whether or not that’s the reason idk, I got in and my subject really was not my whole life and I changed it later

Reactions: 11
I mean, she said herself the reason she got rejected was because she met people at interview for whom biology was “their whole life” and for her it wasn’t. Whether or not that’s the reason idk, I got in and my subject really was not my whole life and I changed it later
That just sounds like an excuse TBH, putting the blame on other people. "Unlike OTHER PPL for whom biology is THEIR WHOLE LIFE, I, Unjaded Jade, was rejected because I was a little TOO well-rounded". Anecdotal but for me, I got in choosing the subject I hated least and ended up loving it. For Jade it was probably "I was the top of my biology class but now feel inferior to these other Oxford interviewees, so I'll distance myself from the subject altogether".

Reactions: 33
nayna florence just got gifted the study guide book and must say i love her bit of shade in the caption - also this is so ? why would you gift it to someone the same age as you and not any younger studytubers who’re doing their GCSE’s / A’s

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel Jade is trying to be funny, in a self deprecating way. She just sounds bitter.

As another poster said; if this were an ex Jade was still talking about after all this time, people would think she was a right bunny boiler.

Get over it, for the love of your crumb of dignity left.

nayna florence just got gifted the study guide book and must say i love her bit of shade in the caption - also this is so ? why would you gift it to someone the same age as you and not any younger studytubers who’re doing their GCSE’s / A’s
I think they're on the same management so it's probably just a gift through that rather than Jade being intentional with her gifts

Reactions: 6
I feel Jade is trying to be funny, in a self deprecating way. She just sounds bitter.

As another poster said; if this were an ex Jade was still talking about after all this time, people would think she was a right bunny boiler.

Get over it, for the love of your crumb of dignity left.
She is SO bitter loool, she felt so entitled to an oxbridge place and you could tell Ruby did too.

Reactions: 7
She is SO bitter loool, she felt so entitled to an oxbridge place and you could tell Ruby did too.
I completely agree - however I fee like Ruby (who I know isn’t perfect) has managed to successfully move past the Oxford rejection a lot more than Jade and has still managed to be successful down the ‘traditional’ university route! I don’t watch a lot of Ruby’s videos but I follow her on Instagram and her threads on Tattle and she doesn’t mention her Oxford rejection. She even went to Oxford the other week and didn’t make a big post about it like Jade did 😂

This might be a little insensitive but oh well - so many brilliant people get rejected from Oxbridge. It's the nature of the university. I had a friend at school who was straight A* from the age of 13 and was incredibly passionate about his subject, well-read, AND had connections (his father is a history professor at a very well known university in the UK, but privacy reasons I won't say here) and he still got rejected. Oxbridge is KNOWN for being incredibly difficult to get in to and very, very exclusive, and it's actually quite embarrassing that Jade clearly thinks she deserved to get in over some other people. I know she uses this as like her "oh look at me I'm normal I've been rejected" but, as another poster said, if this is her only experience with rejection she needs to check her privilege. People get rejected from things everyday. Tiny, menial things to huge, huge life changing things. It's just a way of life. I got rejected from a 17 that I really, really wanted - am I still crying about it? No. You move on

Reactions: 26
Also if that’s the only rejection she’s faced in her life then she needs to reflect on that…. Know your privilege Jade!!!
I mean, it's the same with the fact that she's constantly harping on about her curly hair. Nobody past the age of 12 cares about curly hair on a white person, you are not "brave" or "inspirational" for just letting your hair go natural ffs. Not only does it shows your privilege as a thin, conventionally attractive person (and yes Jade, despite your weird faces, you are pretty and you know it), but I feel like it's almost insulting for all the person with afro-textured hair who keep actually getting discriminated because of their haircuts in our society.

Reactions: 23
That just sounds like an excuse TBH, putting the blame on other people. "Unlike OTHER PPL for whom biology is THEIR WHOLE LIFE, I, Unjaded Jade, was rejected because I was a little TOO well-rounded". Anecdotal but for me, I got in choosing the subject I hated least and ended up loving it. For Jade it was probably "I was the top of my biology class but now feel inferior to these other Oxford interviewees, so I'll distance myself from the subject altogether".
This is really it. There's going to be plenty of people in top unis, including Oxbridge who aren't going to be the most interested in their subject but showed skills that could make them good. Or in the case of Oxbridge, they fit the criteria that they look for in a person. It's more likely she messed up her interviews (as is often the case, probably because she lacks critical thinking skills at a guess) rather than her not showing enough interest or whatever she would like to think

Reactions: 5
I mean, it's the same with the fact that she's constantly harping on about her curly hair. Nobody past the age of 12 cares about curly hair on a white person, you are not "brave" or "inspirational" for just letting your hair go natural ffs. Not only does it shows your privilege as a thin, conventionally attractive person (and yes Jade, despite your weird faces, you are pretty and you know it), but I feel like it's almost insulting for all the person with afro-textured hair who keep actually getting discriminated because of their haircuts in our society.
This is not completely true. Obviously black natural hair is much more discriminated against than white natural hair. But as someone (a white person) who has curly hair and a dad with Afro textured hair (also white), stranger will still feel our hair out in public, people have also constantly said to me that it is unprofessional and messy. (I do get compliments as well). Again, black natural hair is a much more complicated and discriminatory issue than white natural hair, but feeling confident in your curly hair takes years (I mean, for me it took 17 years to finally like my hair)
(Not to support jade though)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.