Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Jade will be doing a postgrad because she'll want to start her MLM right away and "prove Oxford wrong" #girlboss #casualmagic

Oh and guys, remember I'm a ✨ #publishedauthor ✨ with my new book aimed at a demographic that doesn't even watch my videos anymore gaaahhhh!!
Oh and she'll probably rent a flashy London flat like Vee and humblebrag about her abilities all the time 😂

Reactions: 16
Ngl I expected her to be spamming her IG with the book but she has only posted one story about it

I also love that her LinkedIn now has 'Author of #1 Amazon Bestseller'

Also, how ethically sourced was her clothing brand 'StudyWear'? I just can't imagine a YT-ers brand being ethically sourced or sustainable

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
number one amazon bestseller is always a misleading title- she's number 1 best seller in the subsection of "time management" within the "self help" category, which doesn't even really suit the book.

just so you guys know, you can read the start of the book on amazon

Reactions: 28
Interestingly, I found an Amazon Book Sales Calculator

It predicts that 289 physical copies are/were sold a day and 42 ebook copies

There’s something like 6% margin of error (according to the website) but I found it interesting anyway, and probably fairly accurate

Reactions: 10
I can understand why Jade is still upset about Oxford: there are things in my life that I 'should' be over but am still upset about, and she based so much of her image around Oxford. Sure it's not healthy and in an ideal world she would have moved past it, but I get it - especially since it's probably the biggest (and most public) 'rejection' she's experienced.
What I absolutely do not get is why she keeps bringing it up. If I were in the Oxford situation, maybe I'd make a sly little "land of rejection" caption on my private Instagram followed by 50 people, cos they're all people who know me, my sense of humour, etc. But she's branding herself as some kind of chill, casual magic hippie and dredging up something from years ago doesn't really go with that look or promote a great image for her? I mean bottom line though as I think someone said before, she's doing it to try and seem relevant to the demographic of her 'book'.

Reactions: 15
number one amazon bestseller is always a misleading title- she's number 1 best seller in the subsection of "time management" within the "self help" category, which doesn't even really suit the book.
yeah, if anyone watched that max fosh video of him trying to get a book to be a number 1 amazon bestseller, i think he said he sold like 23 copies and the book became number 1 in poetry

edit: also amazon updates their bestsellers hourly, so it'd only have to be the best-selling time management book for an hour to technically have been a number 1 amazon bestseller

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I haven’t been keeping up with any study tubers since last year. They make me feel a little unaccomplished that they’re off doing degrees as some of the best unis whilst I was just happy to onto a primary education course. However, I do remember watching jade talk about being rejected from Oxford and I don’t think she’s as well rounded as she thinks. When she was in sixth form her life was school and YouTube and her videos revolved around studying. As far as I can remember, I don’t think she had any interests that weren’t academic. Know she might feel more well rounded, having traveled and had time to do other things but IMO she really wasn’t that well rounded. I have never even looked at what it takes to apply to oxbridge, but I’m guessing they’re not wanting people who’s lives completely revolve around their subject, because they want to produce well rounded individuals who will be able to go on and contribute to society.

Reactions: 20
Why did she go to reading to look for her book? Like no closer shops to home?

Reactions: 6
But if the books were reserved for click and collect then of course they will be 'sold out'?

Reactions: 7
Has anyone read the book yet, I don't want to buy it but I'm intrigued if it's any good for sh@ts and giggles

Ngl I expected her to be spamming her IG with the book but she has only posted one story about it

Also, how ethically sourced was her clothing brand 'StudyWear'? I just can't imagine a YT-ers brand being ethically sourced or sustainable
Don't check her ig now lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Why did she go to reading to look for her book? Like no closer shops to home?
Don’t be silly! Don’t you know that jade is just in love with travelling? She MUST travel to at least one other city every week (bonus points if it’s in another country!) or else the casual magic won’t work that week and her book won’t make it to #1 on Amazon 😩✨

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I completely agree - however I fee like Ruby (who I know isn’t perfect) has managed to successfully move past the Oxford rejection a lot more than Jade and has still managed to be successful down the ‘traditional’ university route! I don’t watch a lot of Ruby’s videos but I follow her on Instagram and her threads on Tattle and she doesn’t mention her Oxford rejection. She even went to Oxford the other week and didn’t make a big post about it like Jade did 😂
I think Ruby just internalised it a lot more than the other Oxford reject studytubers. She's only stopped talking about her Oxford rejection after moving back home and completely regressed into childhood - there's no place for thoughts of Oxford uni now she's got a kid's bed, the wardrobe of an 8 year old and lots of children's books to read!

But at least she never mentions it now. Jade still mentions it. Jack made comments in his book announcement video about finally getting into Oxford because Waterstones in Oxford is stocking his books. It was intended as self-deprecating, but it just came across bitter and pathetic like all these passive-aggressive comments do. Okay, Jack, I'm sure Oxford's admission's department is crying over their mistake not letting you in now you've got a crap vanity book out there.

Him and Jade are both undercutting their "success" (as much as an influencer getting a tit, low-quality, unedited vanity book published can be called a success) by making it about their failures, like someone calling their ex constantly to point out how much better they're doing now they've been dumped. Just move on, for god's sake, you look pathetic.

Reactions: 28

just so you guys know, you can read the start of the book on amazon
Yup, there's so many obscure subcategories that if you're publishing a book available on Amazon, you'd have to work hard not to become an Amazon bestseller at some point. It's like being a New York Times Bestseller - it's a meaningless accolade since there's such a low barrier for qualifying.

Reactions: 15

Oh god a Linked in boast 😂 Lordy what a website that is. Full of Bs.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I tried reading the sample of her book, and good lord... It continues the influencer vanity book trend of clearly being shoved onto shelves with no editor intervention, with punctuation errors as early as page 1.

But the ego on display is something else...

"I went to a state school just outside London where I felt very uncool for liking learning. I watched many of my peers give up before they even started and saw teachers come and go, sometimes leaving mid-way through the exam year. In other words, my school was hardly the peak of academia. But I’ve always cared a lot about learning and I decided early on that I was really going to try."

So Jade was more committed to academia than anyone at her school, including those deadbeat teachers, who had the sheer audacity to do something as irresponsible and flaky as to...get a new job part-way through the year? How dare those quitters not wait a whole year to change jobs for any number of reasons! They didn't even try, unlike Jade! Family issues? Work-related stress? The promise of better pay and a better home-life balance elsewhere? Pssh! Nothing but excuses for not being committed to the pursuit of knowledge and the prestige of academia.

I mean, the one thing I'll say is that Jade clearly didn't ghostwrite this tit; this book was clearly the product of her spoilt, deluded ego.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.