Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, she said herself the reason she got rejected was because she met people at interview for whom biology was “their whole life” and for her it wasn’t. Whether or not that’s the reason idk, I got in and my subject really was not my whole life and I changed it later
To me this smells like ripe bullshit. I'm not Oxbridge graduate but I have heard many times before that they want a well rounded student instead of a text-memorising machine who has no interests outside of their degree subject. I hardly think they'd reject Jade because for some reason they couldn't wrap their 'closed Oxford minds' around how well rounded Jade was. She simply wasn't what they were looking for and she can't handle it because this was and still is the one big "No" she had to hear all her privileged life. I wish she would shut tf up about Oxford already.

Reactions: 19
To me this smells like ripe bullshit. I'm not Oxbridge graduate but I have heard many times before that they want a well rounded student instead of a text-memorising machine who has no interests outside of their degree subject. I hardly think they'd reject Jade because for some reason they couldn't wrap their 'closed Oxford minds' around how well rounded Jade was. She simply wasn't what they were looking for and she can't handle it because this was and still is the one big "No" she had to hear all her privileged life. I wish she would shut tf up about Oxford already.
This>>> honestly you would think someone who had gone through the whole application process would know that it is aptitude they’re looking for, not knowledge. And the poster who said that they don’t just look for intelligence is 100% right, you can be insanely intelligent but if they don’t think the environment or the way of doing things in oxbridge suits you, they won’t take you

Reactions: 7
This is really it. There's going to be plenty of people in top unis, including Oxbridge who aren't going to be the most interested in their subject but showed skills that could make them good. Or in the case of Oxbridge, they fit the criteria that they look for in a person. It's more likely she messed up her interviews (as is often the case, probably because she lacks critical thinking skills at a guess) rather than her not showing enough interest or whatever she would like to think
She probably gurned and laughed nervously and said MLM mantras 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Literally one of my friends went and she's super sporty and involved in loads of extracurriculars. Her subject was probably like 40% of her uni experience and the rest was other stuff, and she still graduated with a high 2.1 and got a job straight away. Jade didn't get in because she wasn't the right fit, nothing else.

Reactions: 18
Jade didn't get in because she wasn't the right fit, nothing else.
And I think she still doesn’t understand this. She I reckon (like a lot of people from her background) constantly get told they’re good enough and the best, but suddenly when you come up against it, they don’t know how to react. Jade think she’s god’s gift to us all so why oxford possibly couldn’t want her…. Must be something wrong with it rather than her….

Reactions: 16
Gotta love her, going all "I'm too good for Oxford, look at me returning to the land of rejection as a two-bit author who is only an author because I already can sell a bad book about my student experience to gullible fans, and world traveler because I am overpaying an online uni to stay in terrible rooms and get an even worse education because they make me feel special."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I feel like what's worse is that she keeps going on about how Oxford missed out on her though

Assuming she tries applying to Oxford for post grad, which I think is probably possible as she's still not over the rejection:
A) she's setting herself up for more disappointment if she doesn't get in as she seems to be on the lines of thinking that all of her achievements + the book deal give her automatic acceptance, and of course Oxford messed up so they must accept her now
B) it's really embarrassing if anyone from Oxford admissions happens to be following her or look at what she's been up to online imo. She comes off a bit as an entitled brat
C) I imagine that attitude would be reflected in her interview (assuming she got one) and possibly her personal statement, just embarrassing again

Reactions: 18
Yeah I remember someone saying they saw the video she posted detailing her answers to her interview questions (which she quickly deleted). It seemed that she could answer the simple Q&A questions that you’d learn from an A-Level textbook, but struggled with the questions where there wasn't a right/wrong answer and you had to display some critical or creative thinking. Which, not to be rude, is not hard to believe - it seems whenever one of her Minerva professors tells her something (e.g. capitalism is the fix for the non-profit funding gap!) she eagerly repeats it to her followers and doesn't seem to have any desire to question things.

It’s absolutely true that passion for the subject matters at the interviews and extracurriculars are not factored in when deciding whether you get a place, but at the same time the fact that biology wasn't "her whole life" was not why she was rejected. It just sounds like she struggled in the interview.

Reactions: 26
I feel like what's worse is that she keeps going on about how Oxford missed out on her though

Assuming she tries applying to Oxford for post grad, which I think is probably possible as she's still not over the rejection:
A) she's setting herself up for more disappointment if she doesn't get in as she seems to be on the lines of thinking that all of her achievements + the book deal give her automatic acceptance, and of course Oxford messed up so they must accept her now
B) it's really embarrassing if anyone from Oxford admissions happens to be following her or look at what she's been up to online imo. She comes off a bit as an entitled brat
C) I imagine that attitude would be reflected in her interview (assuming she got one) and possibly her CV, just embarrassing again
Also they’d take one look at her degree from Minerva and realise it has not trained her to think critically or has given her the opportunity to develop academically (or at all IMO) and laugh at her, she wouldn’t even get an interview for post grad based on her current pathway

Reactions: 14

C) I imagine that attitude would be reflected in her interview (assuming she got one) and possibly her personal statement, just embarrassing again
I imagine she must be absolutely awful at interviews. That disgustingly smug face or an annoying smirk when talking about Holocaust or racism will definitely give a good impression to the recruiters.

Besides, she's awful at talking - she rambles on but the content itself is non-existent or straight out wrong. She tends to misunderstand / fail to understand very basic concepts too. Using the flowery and highly manipulative MLM language and way of talking may work on her underage viewers but not the Oxford recruiters. Don't get your hopes too high Jade.

I mean, it's the same with the fact that she's constantly harping on about her curly hair. Nobody past the age of 12 cares about curly hair on a white person, you are not "brave" or "inspirational" for just letting your hair go natural ffs. Not only does it shows your privilege as a thin, conventionally attractive person (and yes Jade, despite your weird faces, you are pretty and you know it), but I feel like it's almost insulting for all the person with afro-textured hair who keep actually getting discriminated because of their haircuts in our society.
I feel like she can't even really do the "for a long time I had no idea how to care for it!" Thing because her mother is curly too??? Like I don't feel like being curly as a white girl is such a big thing, but I actually am the only curly person in my family and I know many girls in my same situation who learned to do their hair through internet like me... I mean I kind of discovered that my hair could be textured in middle school because before I didn't dry it correctly and it was just frizzy. She had her parent to teach her everything!
And I agree that curly hair can be stigmatized even on white people, but jade's curl is quite normal for white girls? Maybe it depends on where you live, but I'm Italian and a lot of people have this kind of texture!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
100% agree, oxbridge (regardless of their faults) really choose people who seem passionate/interested in their subjects (or have contacts). No one who wanted to study something science based at one of the best unis in the world would then go to study whatever it is that she studies at a totally uknown uni . it just highlights how much she wanted the uni rather than the course itself

Reactions: 9
I feel like she can't even really do the "for a long time I had no idea how to care for it!" Thing because her mother is curly too??? Like I don't feel like being curly as a white girl is such a big thing, but I actually am the only curly person in my family and I know many girls in my same situation who learned to do their hair through internet like me... I mean I kind of discovered that my hair could be textured in middle school because before I didn't dry it correctly and it was just frizzy. She had her parent to teach her everything!
And I agree that curly hair can be stigmatized even on white people, but jade's curl is quite normal for white girls? Maybe it depends on where you live, but I'm Italian and a lot of people have this kind of texture!
Oh yeah same for me, that might be a bias, but where I grew up it was always pretty 50/50 in terms of hair texture so there was never much to talk about, it was just hair lol - my gripe is more about the fact that, like her oxford rejection, it is something she is constantly talking about, and always is always seeking to be praised about it when it is just not that big, especially at her age.

Reactions: 5
I love how she keeps referring to herself as an "author" now... Sure Jade, you're publishing a book because of your amazing writing skills, and not purely because you're a rich, semi-famous white girl 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
I love how she keeps referring to herself as an "author" now... Sure Jade, you're publishing a book because of your amazing writing skills, and not purely because you're a rich, semi-famous white girl 🙄
If you said this to her though she'd be all "what about women supporting women" like no. That, for me, is reserved for women who work their bleeping arses off to get where they want to be. Not Jade and her MLM family doing what they want

Reactions: 12
Guys, I hate Ruby and Jade as much as you do, but by the thread lengths of the former, we can all agree Eve is honestly the best out of the 3 of them

Reactions: 14
Guys, I hate Ruby and Jade as much as you do, but by the thread lengths of the former, we can all agree Eve is honestly the best out of the 3 of them
Definitely, I feel like Eve has grown as a youtuber and has recognised where she has gone wrong in the past. In comparison to Jade’s videos, Eve’s seem more down to earth and real. I feel like her not being signed to the management was important in this.

It’s not reeeally the same as writing a fiction book is it, or even a proper non fiction book. It’s just a handbook, probably with bullet point lists. Proper books take years and years to write, let alone edit and finalise, yet this book was written in a year. The idea was given to her by the publishing company. I don’t think you can really compare what she did with real authors.

I have to agree. Eve got on my nerves so badly before, and I'm still not okay with how she behaved during this pandemic, like she was the only person wrong done by, ignoring regulations and spreading virus, not giving a tit. However her attitude has been a lot more tolerable in the recent videos and I hope she doesn't go back to her hot mess ways. I enjoyed her Barcelona vlogs, curious to see what she will do when she is back in the UK.

I don't think Jade will be doing a postgrad because she'll want to start her MLM right away and "prove Oxford wrong" #girlboss #casualmagic

Oh and guys, remember I'm a ✨ #publishedauthor ✨ with my new book aimed at a demographic that doesn't even watch my videos anymore gaaahhhh!!

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.