Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t keep up with this thread for a while … I guess I missed this … what in the actual duck am I loooking at? Why has she got bananas tied round her? WHAT
That's the question we've all been asking since December

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I didn’t keep up with this thread for a while … I guess I missed this … what in the actual duck am I loooking at? Why has she got bananas tied round her? WHAT
Don't you know this is just what ~Berlin~ is like? EVERYONE walks around with bananas strapped around their legs. It's not like it's just vegan casually magical foreign students that do this. Everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Watched the intro to the new vid, probably wont watch more. She goes on about how unconfident and shy she used to be, and now she has “solo travelled across the world, done a french course in france, published a book”. Yes, perhaps confidence is needed for that. But I think what helps more with doing those things is money. She is in such a privileged position that not many other people are in. Yet the video is like “you can become confident too!” When in reality to do the things she mentions in the video, you need to be wealthy and live an extremely privileged life.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Watched the intro to the new vid, probably wont watch more. She goes on about how unconfident and shy she used to be, and now she has “solo travelled across the world, done a french course in france, published a book”. Yes, perhaps confidence is needed for that. But I think what helps more with doing those things is money. She is in such a privileged position that not many other people are in. Yet the video is like “you can become confident too!” When in reality to do the things she mentions in the video, you need to be wealthy and live an extremely privileged life.
she acts as if she has gone backpacking around alone or something, she hasn't even had to organise her own accomodation anywhere she has stayed, "travelling solo" is not going to a school or uni imo. I haven't watched the video and coubt I will but she never came across as "unconfident" in her videos, I would argue that someone "unconfident" wouldn't set up a youtube channel

Reactions: 34
Makes out that she was soooo shy and scared her whole life, yet has been putting her life out for thousands to watch for years now? Make it make sense

Reactions: 22
She volunteered at a disability charity... to speak to boys
Disgusting on every level! Standby my earlier quote, she is a bleep, so is her dad. The whole family (we don’t know much about her brother but I expect he’s a watered down version) are in need of some serious mental intervention

Reactions: 18
Also, on the thumbnail of her video it says she didn’t talk to boys much at 15 - maybe it’s just me but at 15 I was very similar (I’d talk to them but was a bit awkward) but I’m the same age as Jade now and can talk to boys fine and have a boyfriend, she’s making it seem like she’s gone through a massive personal growth when I think it’s very natural to take a few years being comfortable talking to boys - just me? 😂

Reactions: 28
she acts as if she has gone backpacking around alone or something, she hasn't even had to organise her own accomodation anywhere she has stayed, "travelling solo" is not going to a school or uni imo. I haven't watched the video and coubt I will but she never came across as "unconfident" in her videos, I would argue that someone "unconfident" wouldn't set up a youtube channel
she may have meant her solo interrailing (during her gap year i think?) and i'm pretty sure she also went to Australia solo or with a friend i'm not 100% certain tbh

Reactions: 2
She volunteered at a disability charity... to speak to boys
Is that like... the new relatable thing?

Wonder what book/netflix series she got that from 😬 I'd genuinely just rather not believe it's true and she twisted the truth a bit

she may have meant her solo interrailing (during her gap year i think?) and i'm pretty sure she also went to Australia solo or with a friend i'm not 100% certain tbh
ah didn;t realise this. I have started watching the video, immediate reaction is that it is just very capitalist tbh, all about being "productive". Maybe I am odd, but what she is saying is pretty much standard for everyone?

Also, on the thumbnail of her video it says she didn’t talk to boys much at 15 - maybe it’s just me but at 15 I was very similar (I’d talk to them but was a bit awkward) but I’m the same age as Jade now and can talk to boys fine and have a boyfriend, she’s making it seem like she’s gone through a massive personal growth when I think it’s very natural to take a few years being comfortable talking to boys - just me? 😂
Honestly same, I had a boyfriend at 14/15 but I was still really shy around boys and it's taken me a long time to become confident but that's just like, part of life, isn't it?? Puberty is weird and you feel strange and you have all these new hormones running around, but once you get to 20/21 they've started to settle and you grow into yourself. It's not groundbreaking, Jade, it's actually really normal you don't need to be special all the time

Reactions: 16
ah didn;t realise this. I have started watching the video, immediate reaction is that it is just very capitalist tbh, all about being "productive". Maybe I am odd, but what she is saying is pretty much standard for everyone?
no yeah i totally get that feeling too

Reactions: 3
I also hate how she says she ‘moved’ somewhere

Like… no you ‘went to’ uni there for a couple of months?

Reactions: 30
I also hate how she says she ‘moved’ somewhere

Like… no you ‘went to’ uni there for a couple of months?
I knew a girl in school who said she lived in America and we were all like.. you went for 2 weeks babe, that's called a holiday

• Haha
Reactions: 32
"How to be confident in your bullshit" is what every Jade video should be called, because she truly excels at that one. Which is always a sign of the overly-privileged.

Reactions: 20
Honestly same, I had a boyfriend at 14/15 but I was still really shy around boys and it's taken me a long time to become confident but that's just like, part of life, isn't it?? Puberty is weird and you feel strange and you have all these new hormones running around, but once you get to 20/21 they've started to settle and you grow into yourself. It's not groundbreaking, Jade, it's actually really normal you don't need to be special all the time
I thought this too, she is literally just describing normal life experiences but thinking it’s some revolutionary and inspiring method to become confident. A youtube video is hardly necessary for people to know that the only way to get over your fears of doing things is to do it. I don’t think Jade has malicious intentions, I just think she’s very sheltered and also self consumed with little ability to see things from others perspectives.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I just can't anymore with these influencers talking about sustainability and then going flying. We all need to make sacrifices from now on. The climate is in crisis. Why is no one acting? Everyone's just talking :(

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.