Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ukraine's ambassador to the US is reporting that Putin used a thermobaric bomb today.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I had to skip the people rocking up to the Ukrainian embassy "hi we're here to join the Ukrainian army or whatever it's called", it's just a bit cringe 😐.

Most military people wouldn't do it as it's a world apart to what they're used to with support and backup. So much more risky and unlikely to have good outcomes if someone has no experience other than call of duty.

Also lots of viral stories I'm seeing on social media about people going home / to Ukraine to fight and lots of them sound like a "and everyone clapped" tale. But who knows 🤷

Reactions: 17
Ukraine's ambassador to the US is reporting that Putin used a thermobaric bomb today.

That's huge if true.

I wonder what is going on in maripol? For them to hold out for so long it must be a real story unfolding and there seems to be little reported?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Canada doesn't order a huge amount relatively, but still it all helps!

--

Canada to ban all crude oil imports from Russia
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
Canada will become the first country in the G7 to ban all imports of crude oil from Russia.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made the announcement on Monday.
He said the industry "has benefited President Putin and his oligarchs greatly".
In addition to the import ban, Trudeau also announced the supply of anti-tank weapons and ammunition to Ukrainian fighters.
Canada imports about $550m (£370m) of crude oil a year from Russia, according to the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers.

Reactions: 15
I bought idoine just before people start panicking and the price goes sky high got 300 tablets for £7 off eBay . I don't know why as I'd rather die than live in a nuclear holocaust 🤣.
What would the iodine tablets be used for?

Reactions: 3
That's huge if true.

I wonder what is going on in maripol? For them to hold out for so long it must be a real story unfolding and there seems to be little reported?
Sky news reported on it a while ago seems to be true .
DF4F8B39-5A5A-4DCC-828A-8417D606DF52.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
To the person who posted about Carole Cadwalladr toward the end of the previous thread. Thank you. As someone who lives i near Salisbury, thank you. We were overseas when the Skripal incident happened. But are back now. And 4 years later we are still not allowed to litter pick in our village in case we pick up contaminated litter. All this "it wouldn't happen here....." stuff is frustrating. It has happened here and it is happening here.

I have friends here who still flinch when they open a door because they remember the days after the poisoning and how worried people were. Imagine 4 years later I am at the park and cannot pick that crisp packet up and put it into the bin because we are still told not to touch any litter because of the risk of contamination.

The public inquiry into Dawn's death has been delayed again. On Friday it will be 4 years since the incident. NIck Bailey the police officer who was poisoned will never again lead a normal life. Imagine being in your 'safe' home town, leading a normal life and being poisoned by a Russian nerve agent.

But it has happened here. And it is happening. We need to stop thinking the way we are.
What happens to litter in your town? I’ve never heard of this

Reactions: 1
I wonder if little things like apple and Android pay not working on the Moscow metro will actually help to reduce the home support for the invasion? Or will most just say it's liars from abroad that attack Russia for no reason

Edit although some are saying this photo is fake news as always that busy and cash can't be used at turnstiles. But still the point stands as the phone payment systems no longer work.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What would the iodine tablets be used for?
It protects your thyroid gland. Your thyroid cant tell the difference between radioactive iodine and normal iodine. You take the pills and your thyroid becomes "full" of iodine protecting it from absorbing the radioactive stuff. (Learned this from reading up after watching Chernobyl!)

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Yeah had to go re-read the article when I saw that posted lol. But even when I was watching the 8pm news it said 17 miles away.
Confusingly the Guardian says it’s 17 miles long . I was really hoping that it wasn’t true but not sure now .

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.