Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The banks are printing more cash money for the cash machines as there’s such a huge demand, but as I understand it the central bank can’t create more money (quantitative easing) so they are limited to their reserves of $630 bn. BUT they can’t use all of this because it’s comprised of a mixture of securities, foreign currencies and gold.

If you want some bedtime reading on it 😅
I don't have the brain power to pick through that lot 😂 interesting all the same.

Reactions: 6

A text exchange between a Russian soldier and his mum 😔

“I’m scared, we’re hitting everyone, even civilians,” he wrote. “We had been told that people would welcome us here but they jump under our vehicles, not letting us pass. They call us fascists. Mom, it’s so hard.”

It does really seem like the Russian soldiers were told they were going to Ukraine to save them and would be welcomed, poor guys.
I know this is unverified but this is exactly what I thought Russians have been told. Ukrainians are oppressed and need rescuing from Zelensky. It’s so sad 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I feel like the msm are trying to goad the public into demanding military action. It’s disgusting tbh.

Also, if this is correct then my fears outlined in last 2 threads are realising. China and now Pakistan drawing economic lines with Russia. They’re picking sides. Putin is NOT being globally isolated, regardless of what you are being spoon fed.

ETA: we need to stop viewing this as a goodies vs baddies, tribal football type battle. This could economically crush us and we need to keep a level head about what’s really happening.
India won’t be far behind I fear, they’ve been equivocating like Pakistan so far.
It also puts the allegations of Ukraine being racist towards Indian students into perspective. I’ve seen the videos on Twitter and can’t deny the students were treated badly; However they were also warned to leave weeks ago and their embassy was arranging transport out of Ukraine via appropriate channels, they even had specific areas to convene for buses etc so I am wondering if this was part of the propaganda machine.

I just come to Tattle to witch about embarrassing Scottish TikTokkers though

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Someone asked in the previous thread what Canada’s response has been. In addition to sanctions against Russia and oligarchs, including Swift and primarily non-lethal aid (body armour, helmets, gas masks and night vision goggles), banning Russian aircraft over Canadian airspace, and ongoing humanitarian aide, today after the talks ended, they announced:

-lethal military aid being sent to the Ukraine (a big deal for a country that has limited military capacity and zero nuclear arms); specifically anti tank weapons and ammunition in addition to the $7.8 million lethal aid promised two weeks ago

-streamlined immigration process for Ukrainians plus application fees waived

-as member of NATO, they said they will continue to support their allies; denounced Putin for lying about plans; have called for cease fire via UN, etc.

8C822AC4-9940-447B-93DA-E1180C58182A.jpeg

Reactions: 14
Iv seen so many Russians saying everyone is scared to stand up to Putin. They talk about not being able to get weapons to defend themselves to start a rebellion, that protesting is illegal and they just get assaulted and thrown in jail. Worse case scenario they get taken away and disappear. That the last time someone tried to run against him for parliament he was poisoned. I'm sure the army has some sick people that believe everything he is saying but I also think alot of them are doing this because either way the outcome for them would have been bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Someone asked in the previous thread what Canada’s response has been. In addition to sanctions against Russia and oligarchs, including Swift and primarily non-lethal aid (body armour, helmets, gas masks and night vision goggles), banning Russian aircraft over Canadian airspace, and ongoing humanitarian aide, today after the talks ended, they announced:

-lethal military aid being sent to the Ukraine (a big deal for a country that has limited military capacity and zero nuclear arms); specifically anti tank weapons and ammunition in addition to the $7.8 million lethal aid promised two weeks ago

-streamlined immigration process for Ukrainians plus application fees waived

-as member of NATO, they said they will continue to support their allies; denounced Putin for lying about plans; have called for cease fire via UN, etc.

View attachment 1094617
Also I read somewhere Ontario has removed certain russian products from the shops shelves....

Reactions: 10
Have they said if the Ukrainians have managed to stop the massive convoy yet or is it just steaming ahead? They seemed to have been good at keeping the Russians back so far

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.