Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To the person who posted about Carole Cadwalladr toward the end of the previous thread. Thank you. As someone who lives i near Salisbury, thank you. We were overseas when the Skripal incident happened. But are back now. And 4 years later we are still not allowed to litter pick in our village in case we pick up contaminated litter. All this "it wouldn't happen here....." stuff is frustrating. It has happened here and it is happening here.

I have friends here who still flinch when they open a door because they remember the days after the poisoning and how worried people were. Imagine 4 years later I am at the park and cannot pick that crisp packet up and put it into the bin because we are still told not to touch any litter because of the risk of contamination.

The public inquiry into Dawn's death has been delayed again. On Friday it will be 4 years since the incident. NIck Bailey the police officer who was poisoned will never again lead a normal life. Imagine being in your 'safe' home town, leading a normal life and being poisoned by a Russian nerve agent.

But it has happened here. And it is happening. We need to stop thinking the way we are.
I'm also local to Salisbury and was working in the city centre when it all happened. Terrifying.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Keeps the news & what's really happening , coming out to the WW audience , and not propaganda or stifled news like Russia would like. I just wonder what-exactly-russias population are really being told about it all? Dictatorship propaganda, no doubt.....
But plenty of the Russian populace will be online , really seeing what's happening......

Reactions: 17
Keeps the news & what's really happening , coming out to the WW audience , and not propaganda or stifled news like Russia would like. I just wonder what-exactly-russias population are really being told about it all? Dictatorship propaganda, no doubt.....
But plenty of the Russian populace will be online , really seeing what's happening......
From what I’m reading across social media, some Russians absolutely believe they are liberating a repressed population in Ukraine, that the citizens will be welcoming soldiers with open arms 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Is Zelenskyy tiny or are the other two actual giants? It's like Tyrion Lannister flanked by The Hound and The Mountain 😂

1646094920646.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve seen a few of the Russian media stations were hacked with anti Putin slogans and most of the phone networks are blocking any Russian signals, seems to be closing down bit by bit I’d doubt the majority of the Russian people would be for this war especially now they’ve turned on innocent civilians and children.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Reading the latest about the invasion and with cluster and vacuum bombs being used or alleged to being used I can’t see anyway this can be stopped unless someone neutralises Putin. He’s gone absolutely mad.

Reactions: 19
If putin is being investigates for war crimes can he not he pulled from power as hes under investigation?

Reactions: 7
So if the figures are to be believed, over 5,000 Russian soldiers have lost their lives. What will happen to their bodies? Would the Ukrainians be documenting their names/numbers, etc, to pass the info on at a later date?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.