Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm scared at the moment of so many things. I also feel privileged. I feel heartbroken and proud and guilty for feeling proud because there's not much I can do to actually help. There are just so many feelings at the moment. I never thought I'd wish for 2020 again.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I feel like the msm are trying to goad the public into demanding military action. It’s disgusting tbh.

Also, if this is correct then my fears outlined in last 2 threads are realising. China and now Pakistan drawing economic lines with Russia. They’re picking sides. Putin is NOT being globally isolated, regardless of what you are being spoon fed.

ETA: we need to stop viewing this as a goodies vs baddies, tribal football type battle. This could economically crush us and we need to keep a level head about what’s really happening.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I feel like the msm are trying to goad the public into demanding military action. It’s disgusting tbh.

Also, if this is correct then my fears outlined in last 2 threads are realising. China and now Pakistan drawing economic lines with Russia. They’re picking sides. Putin is NOT being globally isolated, regardless of what you are being spoon fed.

ETA: we need to stop viewing this as a goodies vs baddies, tribal football type battle. This could economically crush us and we need to keep a level head about what’s really happening.
Yes, there we were thinking Brexit would crush us economically and that was the tip of the iceberg 😭

I would be careful about your sources btw.

Reactions: 11

And Putin knows it. People talk a lot about the second world war but they forget what happened to Russia after that. Russia are completely in the wrong here, total fuckers but the winners always write the history books.

Reactions: 12
Yes, there we were thinking Brexit would crush us and that was the tip of the iceberg 😭

I would be careful about your sources btw.
I agree with you, and to be fair I'm not a fan of QPR fans but they've never bombed hospitals or have yet to invade the AMEX stadium...

Balls, quoted the wrong bit of your post, I was replying to the football tribalism bit

Reactions: 5
USA expelling 12 Russians from the UN for spying. Let’s see who will follow suit expelling Russian diplomats from embassies.
The UN are so corrupt and are not taking Russia’s invasion seriously.
9F821137-C709-437F-ACFB-954E6E288C09.jpeg

7E1113E7-871C-41ED-83CB-B834D85A594C.jpeg
F06CF275-5567-4FCE-88C5-DF0D8BD112D3.jpeg

Look who they have on their human rights counsel
8D13A38E-EC64-4ADE-A1F5-088E0A2D721C.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Tinned bread?! duck that tit I’d rather not try to survive. I went the big Tesco before for another load of prescription pills, the shop was eerily dead. People are definitely worried.
Anyone from Manchester remember the constant IRA bomb scares in the 80’s? The amount of times I was yanked out of a shop as a kid half dressed from having to try on yet another outfit. I remember how scary it was all those years ago.
I think that if it came to it, the last thing any of us would worry about it what we’re going to eat. I’m struggling to eat a meal now because I just feel sick for the people of the Ukraine. I have plenty of fat so don’t worry I won’t starve.
I feel like we’re just helpless watching and hoping the Ukraine make it through the night again ☹

Reactions: 16
Netflix could choose not to broadcast there any longer. I hope there's enough public pressure that they decide to do the right thing.

Reactions: 21
Financially how long can Russia sustain this? Will they print more money and end up in a hyperinflation situation?
The banks are printing more cash money for the cash machines as there’s such a huge demand, but as I understand it the central bank can’t create more money (quantitative easing) so they are limited to their reserves of $630 bn. BUT they can’t use all of this because it’s comprised of a mixture of securities, foreign currencies and gold.

If you want some bedtime reading on it 😅

Reactions: 11

A text exchange between a Russian soldier and his mum 😔

“I’m scared, we’re hitting everyone, even civilians,” he wrote. “We had been told that people would welcome us here but they jump under our vehicles, not letting us pass. They call us fascists. Mom, it’s so hard.”

It does really seem like the Russian soldiers were told they were going to Ukraine to save them and would be welcomed, poor guys.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.