Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the last thing I want to do is spread false info - gawd knows there is plenty of that around - but I have checked and SKY reports - (phew I can forget the Earex this time 🦻🏻🦻🏻)

Russian ground forces moving closer toward Ukrainian capital, latest satellite pictures show
Russian ground forces are moving closer to the Ukrainian capital, according to the latest satellite images captured by a US technology company.
Maxar's pictures of Kyiv and the area to the north of the city show that a convoy of Russian forces, seen yesterday around 45 miles away from the capital in Ivankiv, has moved south/southeast. On today's satellite imagery, the southern end of the convoy was on the T-1011 highway along the eastern edge of Antonov airport approximately 17 miles from Kyiv's centre.
The convoy of equipment stretches over nearly 17 miles of roads and contains hundreds of armoured vehicles, tanks, towed artillery, and logistics support vehicles.
My turn to apologise and I should have researched. I just happened to see the ticker tape on Sky news say it was 17 miles away when I read your comment.

It's all just so frightening 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 7
the sanctions wont do anything hes not going to back down
Just catching up with the thread after work… Putin appears single minded and unlikely to deviate from his current path, but the sanctions are essential. They will hurt the elite of Russia and without the support of the elite Putin is alone. Hopefully then someone will rock up with the custard creams and polonium tea. 🍵

Reactions: 16
I posted this in her thread too…
But seriously. This is bleeping disgusting! Why are influencers doing this?! She was one of those who kept saying she doesn’t want to talk about Ukraine but now all of a sudden she wants to look like she cares. This needs to stop. Exploiting a war for clout… this pisses me off so much.

In other news, Ukraine’s UN ambassador had some choice words for Putin.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
These films are actually some of my fav comfort films. To lighten the mood here is the man of the hour as Paddington

• Heart
My turn to apologise and I should have researched. I just happened to see the ticker tape on Sky news say it was 17 miles away when I read your comment.

It's all just so frightening 😥
Aw dont worry - it’s good to check so we don’t post incorrect info - it is unbelievably frightening though the poor Ukrainians still in the capital 😢😢

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tonight’s the first time I’ve cried about the situation after seeing on the news the children in Ukraine who can’t receive their cancer treatment and having to try escape to another country to get their treatment 😢.
It’s so hard to comprehend how people can be so awful!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
If Vlad does feel like taking this nuclear, I wonder if he could possibly do it before Thursday, because I've got 4 costumes to conjure up for my kids for World Book Day and I really can't be arsed.
Ha ha ha. Same! This really made me laugh. Smear them with tomato ketchup, get them a bald cap, stick a massive chip on their shoulder and send them in as Vlad.

When the teachers ask what has Putin authored? Tell them to say he’s been rewriting history! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Here’s a dilemma

Snog, Shag, Marry?
Snog - Putin (I imagine it’d be quick and no tongues. Phew)
Marry-Zelenskyy (sex for life 💋💃🏻💅🏽)
Shag - Boris (from behind. I’d think of England. He apparently has quite the record so maybe I’d be surprised 🤷‍♀️)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have just read about this idea shared by Anonymous (the hackers) as well:

Apparently if anyone writes a review in google maps about a hotel, shop or restaurant, the Russian owners cannot delete it and everyone can read it. You can include a message about Ukraine and hope they read it.

Here is the screenshot from the twitter with the idea and suggestions. Seems brilliant lol.

A8435A19-A301-42C9-BBBE-56EE2EE07328.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I've missed pages 😫
I see people from here are knocking on the Ukrainian embassy's door to find up how to sign up for the army.

Reactions: 13
Tonight’s the first time I’ve cried about the situation after seeing on the news the children in Ukraine who can’t receive their cancer treatment and having to try escape to another country to get their treatment 😢.
It’s so hard to comprehend how people can be so awful!!!
I accidentally viewed a horrific video of a man, his Dad and his dog being gunned down in their car by Russian soldiers. Hearing the dog howl utterly broke me today.

I’ve also seen the videos of young Russian soldiers being captured and crying, but the first video reminded me that for every reluctant fighter there is probably a few more blood thirsty bastards. I really do hope some of them take Zelensky’s advice and give themselves up.

Worried that Ukraine aren’t doing as well as we’d hope now that they’ve made the difficult decision to release cons and go all Suicide Squad 😩

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
USA expelling 12 Russians from the UN for spying. Let’s see who will follow suit expelling Russian diplomats from embassies.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Wait I thought the meerkats had been dropped, just seen a distasteful one of Aleksandr driving a tank and helicopters in the distance on the Jamie Oliver programme adverts, anyone see it?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Financially how long can Russia sustain this? Will they print more money and end up in a hyperinflation situation?

Reactions: 11
Wait I thought the meerkats had been dropped, just seen a distasteful one of Aleksandr driving a tank and helicopters in the distance on the Jamie Oliver programme adverts, anyone see it?!
They've only been dropped from Ads during the news, not dropped completely

USA expelling 12 Russians from the UN for spying. Let’s see who will follow suit expelling Russian diplomats from embassies.
There's a thread here, this has been building for months apparently

Certainly adds to theory that the West is sick to the back teeth of Putin

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Thank you for the warning. Admittedly I know next to nothing about anything that happened before I was born - I hated History in school and never bothered to learn anything but now since all this is happening I feel I do need to learn. Other than knowing hitler was a dick I don’t really know much else 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I realise that may sound ignorant for never bothering to learn but I wish I had now looking back.
Watch 'Holocaust: Night Will Fall' and you'll realise the extent of his evil. It will stay with you forever.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.