Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Vlad does feel like taking this nuclear, I wonder if he could possibly do it before Thursday, because I've got 4 costumes to conjure up for my kids for World Book Day and I really can't be arsed.
Now if only Zalenskyy appeared as a character in a book 🤔🤔😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
He's changed my views on small men, still would. I'd pat him on the head at the same time
Excellent, as a short guy myself I like him even more. Showing you don't need to be 6ft to be an alpha hero, and not all short men have short man syndrome (cough putin cough)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Excellent, as a short guy myself I like him even more. Showing you don't need to be 6ft to be an alpha hero, and not all short men have short man syndrome (cough putin cough)
Nah you need to be baskball player height to get tit done 😂

Reactions: 2
Why did I switch on Sky News? They just interviewed the mother of a little boy with Down’s Syndrome who’s having chemo, they can’t leave as he needs his treatment. There’s a 14 year old boy there too who’s being treated for gunshot wounds. How is shooting children in any way acceptable?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I'd suggest people switch off tv news and Internet 2 hours before bed and just read, watch a movie or something. I try and do it and it just helps calm you down ready for sleep. Easier said than done granted

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Re the advancing army.

Yes it's scary but I took comfort seeing Ukraine took out a load of Russians with drone strikes. That reassured me that they are pretty well equipped

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If you’re someone who suffers from general anxiety then these sorts of situations always feel worse. I felt terrified after 9/11 and the immediate ramped up war rhetoric but in those days my anxiety was much worse. I remember my dad saying to me then that most of us probably don’t even have full knowledge of our defence systems because that kind of thing is secret.

We’re all weary of stress and worry after Covid and just as we’re coming out the other side now this. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 28
If you’re someone who suffers from general anxiety then these sorts of situations always feel worse. I felt terrified after 9/11 and the immediate ramped up war rhetoric but in those days my anxiety was much worse. I remember my dad saying to me then that most of us probably don’t even have full knowledge of our defence systems because that kind of thing is secret.

We’re all weary of stress and worry after Covid and just as we’re coming out the other side now this. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I definitely have GAD, also suffer with OCD and intrusive thoughts! This is definitely my worst nightmare and I can’t help but spiral.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I'd suggest people switch off tv news and Internet 2 hours before bed and just read, watch a movie or something. I try and do it and it just helps calm you down ready for sleep. Easier said than done granted
Excellent advice!

That was something I was telling the people I work with during the beginning of covid who were massively affected, and it works!

Pick a news to watch to catch up, but it's not allowed to be the 10 o'clock news, then watch anything you choose after that, but nothing to do with what's going on.
I saw a huge difference in the people that took the advice, and those that didn't lost sleep.

We can't change what's happening, so at this help yourself and remember that the news channels love things like this because it's revenue for them through viewing figures or click bait. You can soon catch up again in the morning

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.