Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re ww2 recommendations: Munich the edge of war on netflix is worth a watch

images (1).jpeg

Reactions: 13
I’ve been stalking this thread since Friday, along with Ann Russel’s tiktok which is oddly calming! Someone mentioned the phobia of death, which I developed in my second pregnancy and has come back with a vengeance now! I keep refreshing the news (which is probably the wrong thing to do, I know) to try and get some reassurance but now I am just panicking! I feel sick, jittery and couldn’t sleep last night through fear we’re going to get nuked and I won’t get to see old age or watch my kids grow up! I am thinking how happy I’ve been recently for the first time in years and now this! And I know I am very lucky to currently be safe and have my children safe and warm but the anxiety is real at the moment and probably the worst I’ve ever had it.
Completely get you and am going through the same to the point I hate seeing people around me calm. Just know we’re all in this together xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Completely get you and am going through the same to the point I hate seeing people around me calm. Just know we’re all in this together xxxx
two of my friends are planning their weddings and J keep thinking, “how the hell can they still be thinking of that”. I go from being ok and feeling hopeful to feeling doomed Xxxx

• Heart
We’ve got a whole new young generation learning most of their Ukraine/Russia information from TikTok… suddenly I feel VERY old.

ABFC6A7B-0B99-4101-8EDA-3E52302B2FEF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think it’s normal to feel all the emotions. I keep thinking back to when my Grandad escaped Germany via Poland in WW2. He told me about the trains, people being shot. My Grandad said they tried to get a 16year old onto the train by lifting him and the Germans shot him 😥
You think, it’s 2022 and people are fleeing for their lives nothing has changed 😥. It’s heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Been following this thread with interest. Frankly, I'm terrified. I have two young children and I'm terrified we are all going to be nuked into oblivion. I have cried today - for my kids and the future they may not have, for the children of Ukraine and all the parents who are in a far worse situation than me, but even I can see that Putin needs to be stopped. Permanently.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
With regards to all these sanctions on Russia, would they be lifted if Putin retreats? Just wondering if he feels like he may aswell carry on the war if he’s so heavily sanctioned regardless?

I’m sure the Gremlins from the Kremlins aren’t too bothered but I’d be interested to know if there’s a get out clause to these sanctions?!

Reactions: 5
Been following this thread with interest. Frankly, I'm terrified. I have two young children and I'm terrified we are all going to be nuked into oblivion. I have cried today - for my kids and the future they may not have, for the children of Ukraine and all the parents who are in a far worse situation than me, but even I can see that Putin needs to be stopped. Permanently.
It’s affecting me too. I mentioned yesterday a lot of colleagues are from Eastern Europe and are scared about all of this.
I worry about our future. I worry about my children. I worry about Ukraine 🇺🇦 those dear people...
It’s just heartbreaking

• Heart
What is the likelihood that it will end up in a full scale ww3 and how far away are from that? Like what would need to happen for even the optimistic to become worried?

Reactions: 6
What is the likelihood that it will end up in a full scale ww3 and how far away are from that? Like what would need to happen for even the optimistic to become worried?
Honestly i dont think ww3 will happen as such nato sre not involved and thats stopped ww3 today i feel like were closer to being nuked as such especially with things being said by the uk government clearly upsetting him however i genuinally do not believe this will happen ww3 will only happen is nato get involved which has been confirmed today they will not be getting involved idk that makes sense im tired 🤣

Reactions: 4
I don’t know if this will help anyone with the anxiety and panic but I went through a lot of therapy and still have it, however these questions which were given by my therapist help me to get on a rational track when I’m spiralling and helped this morning.
I hope it’s ok to post them here…

- [ ] Is this out of my control and if so can I hand myself over to the unknown. Don’t dwell let it go

- [ ] Am I looking at all the evidence or only what supports negative thoughts

- [ ] Could thoughts be an exaggeration of the truth

- [ ] Am I having this thought out of habit and do the facts support it

- [ ] Did someone else pass this thought or belief onto me, are they a reliable source

- [ ] Is my thought a likely scenario or worst case

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Had a dream the other night, left my body, came back to it through the pupil in my eye, but what I saw when I left my body was destruction.
Dreamt of war since I was about 5 years old.
I do think we are on the cusp of WW3.

Reactions: 3
I totally understand that, however the likelyhood is very low and lower that we would be the target. There's lots of types of nuclear warheads. It's not like the movies with one button. Many people need to be involved. People who have political ambition too people who enjoy the luxury that the west offers. They know that they will be no more Russia if that was to happen. Putin would need these people to agree etc. He is just swinging his dick. Also this country is very unlikely to ever come under attack from land or air. The UK media are and always have been sensationalist. Please limit the amount you consume daily headlines. We are in no more danger than we always have been. Obviously that's just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm keeping things as normal as I can for my family. I let my daughter have a McDonald's bigmac and ice cream, I've let her play with her friends as much as she likes. I've been contacting my extended family a lot more. Life's too short, I've been spending time cuddling my cat and grateful for the life I've been given so far, I've lived in relative comfort got lots of loved ones.

I've not done too badly too be honest. I feel more for those poor people in Ukraine who have had their lives torn apart. I will keep going, donate money to Ukraine and living having no regrets , I'm doing the important things. Trying hard to not worry about it. I'm warm , fed and happy I've had a good life compared to a lot of people .

I don't believe we are going to get nuked by the way, Putin is just trying to scare us I've just decided to live with no regrets going forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm keeping things as normal as I can for my family. I let my daughter have a McDonald's bigmac and ice cream, let play with her friends as much as she likes. I've been contacting my extended family a lot more. Life's too short, I've been spending time cuddling my cat and grateful for the life I've been given so far, I've lived in relative comfort got lots of loved ones.

I've not done too badly too be honest. I feel more for those poor people in Ukraine who have had their lives torn apart. I will keep going, donate money to Ukraine and living having no regrets , I'm doing the important things. Trying hard to not worry about it. I'm warm , fed and happy I've had a good life compared to a lot of people .
This post with your avatar...

• Haha
  • Sad
I've always been terrified of nuclear war. Threads intensified that fear, and I regularly woke up screaming, running around my bedroom. Hearing the three minute warning was my worse fear.

One day, in early September 1988, the siren sounded. My sister run outside to get the kittens in, our neighbours were crying in their gardens, my mum phoned the police and I turned up the News report on BBC1, to try to drown out the siren and trying to work out why they weren't telling us we were about to die.

I then went out the front. Opposite was a large car salesroom, and everyone had come out and just stood on the pavement, staring.

The police told my mum that it was a mistake. I walked around for a while, till I found out I'd broken my ankle (adrenalin kept me going).

Still hasn't abated the fear, but I know that I would instinctively want to be with other people, as that is what I did.

Now I have children the fear is for them rather than myself.

• Heart
  • Sad
I'm keeping things as normal as I can for my family. I let my daughter have a McDonald's bigmac and ice cream, let play with her friends as much as she likes. I've been contacting my extended family a lot more. Life's too short, I've been spending time cuddling my cat and grateful for the life I've been given so far, I've lived in relative comfort got lots of loved ones.

I don't believe we are going to get nuked by the way, Putin is just trying to scare us I've just decided to live with no regrets going forward.
if nothing else it’s made me see how my usual worries (not good enough for my boyfriend, am I fat, etc... you know what I mean) were never worth the time I gave them! I just hope we all look back on the last few years and however long is left of this war, and it’s a historical event people talk about in forums xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.