Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wonder is there any point in issuing sanctions every day, especially if they have actually begun talking? I get we need to sort this out etc but I wonder if it’s wise to keep poking whilst talks are happening ??
They aren't talking yet they haven't stopped attacking , the key is to strangle the oligarchs financially and the Russian elites so they pull their fingers out. Most of them have properties abroad and enjoy mostly living overseas.

Reactions: 19
the sanctions wont do anything hes not going to back down
How would you know that? It’s literally impossible for any of us to really know what is going on over there but it’s much easier to stop anyone if you deplete their funds.

Reactions: 14
I don’t know if it will help or not but I’m going to watch some documentaries tonight on WW2, or some YouTube videos. Maybe it will ease my anxieties I’m not sure 🤷🏻‍♀️ But if anyone has anything they would like to recommend that would be brill.

Reactions: 6
I just wonder is there any point in issuing sanctions every day, especially if they have actually begun talking? I get we need to sort this out etc but I wonder if it’s wise to keep poking whilst talks are happening ??
They’ve still been bombing and attacking Ukraine throughout the talks though so the sanctions must continue also

Reactions: 16
I don’t know if it will help or not but I’m going to watch some documentaries tonight on WW2, or some YouTube videos. Maybe it will ease my anxieties I’m not sure 🤷🏻‍♀️ But if anyone has anything they would like to recommend that would be brill.
World war 2 in colour on Netflix is a good watch. 😊

Just to warn you they almost always contain a lot of information about the holocaust which is very upsetting. I’m quite good at coping with heavy subject matters but I had to stop reading Primo Levi’s book ‘Surviving Auschwitz’ - I just could not continue to the end - it gave me nightmares.

Reactions: 8
Just to warn you they almost always contain a lot of information about the holocaust which is very upsetting. I’m quite good at coping with heavy subject matters but I had to stop reading Primo Levi’s book ‘Surviving Auschwitz’ - I just could not continue to the end - it gave me nightmares.
Thank you for the warning. Admittedly I know next to nothing about anything that happened before I was born - I hated History in school and never bothered to learn anything but now since all this is happening I feel I do need to learn. Other than knowing hitler was a dick I don’t really know much else 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I realise that may sound ignorant for never bothering to learn but I wish I had now looking back.

Reactions: 10
the sanctions wont do anything hes not going to back down
The Kremlin have admitted they'd planned for it anyway, which is no surprise.
I agree with what is happening sanction wise, but if I was told my assets were going to be cut off 'in days' I'd be moving my money.... or with all the sanctions on banks ect is that not possible?

Thank you for the warning. Admittedly I know next to nothing about anything that happened before I was born - I hated History in school and never bothered to learn anything but now since all this is happening I feel I do need to learn. Other than knowing hitler was a dick I don’t really know much else 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I realise that may sound ignorant for never bothering to learn but I wish I had now looking back.

Without justifying I don’t think schools teach it enough. Same with the holocaust I thought I knew, and I watched the boy with the stripped pjs and it horrified me. I knew nothing about the Holodomor.

Reactions: 13
We had an urgent company-wide call about potential Russian cyber attacks at work this morning and they mentioned Japanese companies or any major brands who are either from NATO countries or who have business in those countries, as well as, countries against them, being targeted.
We were told to be extra vigilant about potential hacks on social media accounts, update or strengthen all passwords, avoid opening URLS in dodgy emails etc.
This is interesting, my husband works for a big Japanese IT company who have good reason to be targeted, but nothing has been said in calls or communications sent out about potential cyber attacks today.

Reactions: 10
Still asking myself how no one has offed him yet honestly i really do not understand
It's difficult to get to him. He keeps himself locked away and away from people. Look at his tables in meetings how far away everyone is, or when he took a meeting in clear box. He is paranoid about assassination or getting ill.

Reactions: 17
Pity Mountbatten was a child abuser who had young boys trafficked to him from Kincora boys home in Belfast but that’s another thread.
Williamson House too, and also Portora Boys’ School when he felt like something he considered a bit more upmarket. I don’t care how many medals he had or what rank he held or who he was related to, he was a dirty, filthy, evil old brute.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
This is interesting, my husband works for a big Japanese IT company who have good reason to be targeted, but nothing has been said in calls or communications sent out about potential cyber attacks today.
It was the Japanese brands we work with (it's an agency so it included ways for us to advise/support them and other brands being represented by us)

It's difficult to get to him. He keeps himself locked away and away from people. Look at his tables in meetings how far away everyone is, or when he took a meeting in clear box. He is paranoid about assassination or getting ill.
I mean, when you look at Russian history and how regime change is usually affected he's wise to be wary. Unfortunately it does create the situation where he's isolated himself from any wise counsel.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.