Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mean to be a witch I’m just frustrated that what should be a priority to our own governments, is now yet again being put on the back burner, the media has a new bone, Christmas parties took priority over a collapsing health system, now a war that could limp in 10 years is 24/7 coverage with ridiculous front page titles like the ones we see this morning. Fear mongering,

What about the people who fear turning on their heating for over 30 min,
don’t see Instagram palm hearts for that. Not performative enough.

but also I understand this is the Russian/Ukraine thread so 😆 people SHOULD NOT FEEL BAD for wondering how this might effect them personally is all I mean!
I actually think this is along the lines of what Kristina Rihanoff may have tried to say but fucked it right up. It’s absolutely valid to still be concerned about issues that affect us now and potentially in the future, despite others living a scarier, more dangerous reality.

Completely embarrassed that BoJo is the face of the UK, he’s definitely welcomed the distraction and breathing a sigh of relief that the heat is off him for now. It irks me that he is heading out there, representing us when he has no bleeping clue about the reality of life here, never mind what our European neighbours are experiencing!
Anyway, Putin’s a bleep, pass it on!

Reactions: 23
actually think this is along the lines of what Kristina Rihanoff may have tried to say but fucked it right up
if she had a brain cell she’d do herself injury…. Her point was completely missed by the complete evidence of her stupidity.

Reactions: 12
At least there meeting again which shows there must be an out come if it was not going anywhere what would be the point lets hope so ukraine deserve peace
They’ll probably up their assault so that by the time they meet again Ukraine will be on the brink of collapse. Sorry, I’m in a pessimistic mood today.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Thanks for this, I often how life is there now.

I’m not so sure, I just can’t see a ceasefire under any circumstances other than Ukrainian surrender.
TBH anything is possible - the world feels very unstable with no real statesmen or leaders that come to mind, there is no one I would follow into battle - I have had a few bosses who were great leaders and who I would have followed into a theatre of war if asked to do so.

Bojo is not a leader he is a buffoon with some charisma, who won the popular vote, what other choice was there? he is just the worse of a bad bunch.

Starmer does not inspire me to vote Labour. I often wonder where our political system really broke down - was it B’liar? And the non existent weapons of mass destruction, Dr Kelly? the constant lies? Sucking up to Bush? or is this now just the new society we have to accept and live with?

I do not have any faith in a govt. that has shown no integrity and even though Bojo thinks this is now his opportunity to emulate his hero Churchill - Churchill he ‘aint -

so yes anything is possible and no one really knows how all of this will end - ideally Putin pulls out under whatever circumstances, Ukraine joins NATO, the world quietens for a little while and then someone starts it all again -

I doubt this world will ever know true peace, harmony and stability

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I’m now down a rabbit hole trying to find out what happened him….wasn’t he in prison on hunger strike. Then nothing was reported.
He’s on trial right now, most probably to receive an extension to the jail sentence he’s already serving.

Reactions: 11
The thing that gets me, is 💩 🥫 has thrown his toys out of his pram because of some comment crazy Liz has said.

But him and his gang of cranks came onto our soil and murdered some poor women and we do nothing? Am I missing the point?

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I've been rewatching The Crown on Netflix and Lord Mountbattan says something interesting about coups. They are valid points and Putin really will struggle to get all 5 of those, even if he does win initially. This is likely why governments are saying this will likely be a long fight.

"There are five key elements needed for an effective coup: control of the media, control of the economy, capture of administrative targets (which he lists out) for which you need a fourth element: loyalty of the military. We would have to shut down the airports, air traffic control, and the train stations. Curfews would be put in place and martial law declared. And I haven’t even mentioned the police. It would take tens of thousands of unquestioningly loyal servicemen, and even in my heyday I could never command that. Which brings me to the fifth element: legitimacy.”

Reactions: 22
#banterbreakcomment
Did I miss this, was this a known thing 😂 the thread moves faster than his peachy ass so forgive me if so….

Jesus my mum has just asked how old that Ukrainian president is.
He could move a tit ton of spotlight toothpaste or hello fresh boxes after this. #instahoe
Hahahaha use #fuckrussia for 20% off x

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They’ll probably up their assault so that by the time they meet again Ukraine will be on the brink of collapse. Sorry, I’m in a pessimistic mood today.
[/QUOTE

I think so cause sky news just showed a clip what had just happened and it looked like major explosion somewhere in thr ca
I think so as there has just been breaking news of a massive explosion in the capital looks terrifying. I'm sorry to be a negative nancy too but i feel like these talks are just so putin can say we tried

Reactions: 6
The thing that gets me, is 💩 🥫 has thrown his toys out of his pram because of some comment crazy Liz has said.

But him and his gang of cranks came onto our soil and murdered some poor women and we do nothing? Am I missing the point?
Because we knew this or worse would happen. The west has been trying to avoid this for the last 20 years.. now putin has made the first move I think they want to try and sort the problem out once and for all.

Reactions: 14
I've been rewatching The Crown on Netflix and Lord Mountbattan says something interesting about coups. They are valid points and Putin really will struggle to get all 5 of those, even if he does win initially. This is likely why governments are saying this will likely be a long fight.

"There are five key elements needed for an effective coup: control of the media, control of the economy, capture of administrative targets (which he lists out) for which you need a fourth element: loyalty of the military. We would have to shut down the airports, air traffic control, and the train stations. Curfews would be put in place and martial law declared. And I haven’t even mentioned the police. It would take tens of thousands of unquestioningly loyal servicemen, and even in my heyday I could never command that. Which brings me to the fifth element: legitimacy.”
Pity Mountbatten was a child abuser who had young boys trafficked to him from Kincora boys home in Belfast but that’s another thread.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.