Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Watch with discretion but these people are made of different stuff.
What do they feed these Ukrainians when they are babies?! The bravery from them is astounding.

Quite telling that the Russians didn't just run then straight over and carry on.

Reactions: 27
I keep getting GoT vibes and especially that quote about Littlefinger "he would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes". When the delegations were heading to the border to discuss peace, I thought it was going to be like Jon and Ramsay facing-off in that field in the "Battle of the Bastards" :LOL:

Meanwhile, if Liz Truss' comments got his knickers in a twist, this is really going to push him over the edge:

Love how the staff member dismantling the wax work is throttling it. It’s actually much more realistic and human looking that Putler himself, creepy!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Watch with discretion but these people are made of different stuff.
Seeing stuff like this breaks my heart, and it evokes so many comparisons with how bravely countries like Poland fought against the Nazi invasion. How the French fought so desperately at Dunkirk. I try and be positive, but historically, I know how this will go. All the admiration people have for Zelenskyy, his cabinet, and Ukrainians will mean little to Poutine. Evil does not respect the heroism of others.

I need to go and have another cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Love how the staff member dismantling the wax work is throttling it. It’s actually much more realistic and human looking that Putler himself, creepy!
Doing what many of us would love to do! Lol I thought the same hahaha; can't imagine the amount of wax and special make-up being used to make Poo-tin look human (on a slightly light-hearted side note: how on earth is he so brazen with a surname like this!?)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry, I think China supports Putin. They probably are just saying this to appease the West and not get hit by sanctions. Most of the comments under their newspapers articles are supportive of Putin and Russia. Some eye rolling comments about how poor Putin is forced to go to war to defend his country and that the whole thing is instigated by u. s because it wants more power 🙄🙄

And the worst one I have seen is there are some people who actually think putin is hot 🤮🤮
Politically, China is with Putin but economically, it needs to remain on side with the West.
China had a very poor economy but within the last 30 years, it has grown massively, thanks to its export market and manufacturing and it's acceptance into WTO. Russia's instability and crippling economy, Chinese investors will no longer want to do business in Russia.

Reactions: 15
Fiona Hill is an absolutely top-notch geopolitical analyst and expert on Russia (not a FaceBook 'expert', a real academic expert). Her book, "Mr Putin: Operative in the Kremlin (Geopolitics in the 21st Century)" is a masterpiece.
I was watching her respond to an interviewer about exactly how Putin is, was really quite interesting (least I believe was her).

Reactions: 10
Screenshot_20220301-170757_Dolphin.jpg

Progress. It's not NATO but it is something. And it is the start of the long process but it is a start.

Reactions: 13

Yel

they’ve got starlink courtesy of musk so they will still be communication.
I know Musk gets so many likes on social media. But waving the fee in Ukraine is pretty meaningless as you still need an expensive dish and somewhere suitable to put it. Sadly 99.999% of people will be without internet if their current connection is knocked out. All PR and puff.

But Starlink isn’t an instant fix, and Musk can’t exactly wave a wand at Ukraine’s internet disruptions. “It’s nice for him to offer, but that doesn’t mean it will actually have a meaningful impact right away,” Brian Weeden, a space-policy expert at the Secure World Foundation, a nonprofit group that promotes peaceful and responsible uses of space, told me. The entire sequence—the plea, the response, the actual effect—reveals some of the limits of Musk’s influence: His outsize reputation doesn’t always match what he can actually control.

For any Ukrainians to make use of Starlink, they have to get their hands on one of these Starlink terminals, which are made by SpaceX. (For regular customers, a Starlink kit costs $499, and the service is $99 a month.) SpaceX did not respond to questions about the number of active terminals in Ukraine right now, or how many terminals the company plans to send to the country.

US intelligence suggests that Putin is lashing out at his inner circle in frustration.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I know Musk gets so many likes on social media. But waving the fee in Ukraine is pretty meaningless as you still need an expensive dish and somewhere suitable to put it. Sadly 99.999% of people will be without internet if their current connection is knocked out. All PR and puff.

But Starlink isn’t an instant fix, and Musk can’t exactly wave a wand at Ukraine’s internet disruptions. “It’s nice for him to offer, but that doesn’t mean it will actually have a meaningful impact right away,” Brian Weeden, a space-policy expert at the Secure World Foundation, a nonprofit group that promotes peaceful and responsible uses of space, told me. The entire sequence—the plea, the response, the actual effect—reveals some of the limits of Musk’s influence: His outsize reputation doesn’t always match what he can actually control.

For any Ukrainians to make use of Starlink, they have to get their hands on one of these Starlink terminals, which are made by SpaceX. (For regular customers, a Starlink kit costs $499, and the service is $99 a month.) SpaceX did not respond to questions about the number of active terminals in Ukraine right now, or how many terminals the company plans to send to the country.

Ooh bloody hell that’s me bought into the hype wrongly then 😢

• Sad
Apologies if this has been asked before.. does anyone genuinely believe that Putin is ill/dying? I’m not sure I do. But if it’s what the west thinks, is there a chance he’s playing up to that to stoke more fear etc?

Reactions: 12
Will the Klitschko brothers be on the hit list as well, Vitali especially? Wouldn't want to come up against either of those guys.

• Sad
He tends to jump on the bandwagon and make out as though he's some sort of messiah - I've never warmed to Musk to be very honest. I think he's very overrated (please don't shout at me; I know the Musk masses can be quite formidable lol)

Reactions: 18

Yel

Sorry wasn't aiming at you.

I'm not a huge fan of Musk. The number of likes he gets over fake news like pretending to provide internet for Ukraine does annoy me a tad. Especially as he won't even say how many terminals are in Ukraine or how many are being sent out. Shady!

I've also got an issue with him introducing charging infrastructure that's just for his own devices, but that's for another thread.

Reactions: 15
Reports that the Chechen unit deployed to assassinate Zelensky have been killed.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.