Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whatever the truth, Liz Truss certainly isn’t known for eruditeness. And to think they were suggesting she ought to be the next PM. Think again I reckon. I don’t think it was at all sensible for her to say what she did tbh.
No but I also think it's irresponsible of the media to ask. It's obvious that that question (no matter the answer) would r
Yep and so many fall for it. Truss just said she would support people making their own decision about if they wanted to fight for Ukraine.

They want people to blame her for the threat of nukes, rather than the people with the nukes actually threatening.

"That is something people can make their own decisions about. The people of Ukraine are fighting for freedom and democracy, not just for Ukraine, but for the whole of Europe. Absolutely, if people want to support that struggle, I would support them in doing that.”
The issue is 'support them' which is why she backtracked and said 'wouldn't stop them'. It's small things but they matter. She should have left it at it being an individual decision or something. She is basically saying the UK government supports it, one step away from encouraging etc.

Things are that tense that we have to be whiter than white and every word said matters. That why diplomacy is actually a massive skill that sadly many politicians don't have.

Reactions: 13
Waiting for the obvious big MOD package to be announced in the next few weeks, regardless of how the situation in Ukraine ends. I know Germany already announced theirs, assuming the majority of countries will follow suit.

In lighter news, the digital artists/animators have started getting involved:

• Haha
Reactions: 10

duck knows what they feed them on in Ukraine, they're all fair old units
We all lead pretty soft and comfortable lives in the west, its a tougher life on Eastern Europe. They are physically and mentally strong

Reactions: 16
We're really letting Russia gaslight the world over their invasion about 1 comment? Really?
If it wasn't Liz, it would have been the European commissioners comments, if it wasn't that it would be Finland and Sweden talking about joining Nato, if it wasn't that it would be the EU cutting them off from Swift....

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Must be her comments about not resting until they’ve stopped the dictator Putin that got his back up.

Reactions: 11
We also have to be careful with a deranged lunatic with nothing to loose
He already had nothing to lose sadly. Think about it he gets the world pointing fingers at the UK saying its all their fault that he's talking about nukes. He was talking about them last week.

Reactions: 20
Someone on reddit has made this handy explainer to the value of the ruble:

Just a quick note on the Ruble In the UK a 4 pack of Andrex Toilet paper can cost £2.95 - that equates to 46 pence per 100 sheet, therefore 0.46 pence per sheet.
At 12:46 gmt and according to google 1 ruble = 0.0077 pounds or 0.77 pence
So 1 Ruble = 0.77 pence and 1 sheet of toilet paper = 0.46 pence

Incidentally, reddit is now on their 65th megathread (each limited to approx 10,000 comments). Normally this much engagement is limited to beautyguruchatter whenever Joffree Starr does something.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Putin is a sly old fucker isn’t he. Blaming the UK for his threat of nukes, he’s been hinting at it way before we ever said anything because he thinks it makes him look like the big man and like he’s in control (when he’s 100% not at all, think he’s losing it). Chances are he’s an absolute wimp, he is probably shitting himself that someone is about to come after him for saying that so to get him off the hook (or so he thinks) and cause more trouble he’s thought ‘ah let’s blame the UK for that one’. God he makes me angry. He’s got his army killing thousands of innocent people and is tearing families apart and is trying to make excuses for himself? Sod off Putin.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

Russia are really being cut off from all sides, this is the absolute worst case scenario for Poutine.

I hope anyone reading doesn't think that I'm flippant about all this, it's just that there's been so many posters reporting that all of this is making them so frightened, and triggering anxiety that I don't want to add to that. I'm naturally an anxious person, but as I've posted before one of the ways that I've found to mitigate that is to make sure I keep myself up to date and informed. I've read some really harrowing reports that I've hesitated from posting because it can't add to understanding, and just make people even more devastated, and the same with discussions over nuclear weaponry. What I don't know is what wakes me up at 3 in a cold sweat, and so even if what I'm reading is truly tragic and heartbreaking, knowing that I know, and I understand helps me. This war is such a colossal tragedy for the world, but equally from a geopolitical standpoint it is absolutely fascinating. Decisions have been made in hours that normally take years of debate and argument - such as the EU beefing up their military capabilities.

I posted earlier that my Mum's best friend was Bosniak, and I remember her saying the worst was the not knowing. Even if you know the worst, then at least you know, instead of the constant gnawing agony of thinking what could be happening to her friends and family (and then years later, finding out that the reality was so much worse). I don't want to post things that'll make me sound like some modern day Cassandra, wailing and tearing at my rags crying all 'we're all doomed'. Things are tit enough as they are, that won't help anybody, least of all me (I've already eaten three mars bars today, and had a cry last night). It's hard to strike the right level between 'yay, brave Kyiv will stand' and the other end of the spectrum, especially when nobody knows what will happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Russia are really being cut off from all sides, this is the absolute worst case scenario for Poutine.

I hope anyone reading doesn't think that I'm flippant about all this, it's just that there's been so many posters reporting that all of this is making them so frightened, and triggering anxiety that I don't want to add to that. I'm naturally an anxious person, but as I've posted before one of the ways that I've found to mitigate that is to make sure I keep myself up to date and informed. I've read some really harrowing reports that I've hesitated from posting because it can't add to understanding, and just make people even more devastated, and the same with discussions over nuclear weaponry. What I don't know is what wakes me up at 3 in a cold sweat, and so even if what I'm reading is truly tragic and heartbreaking, knowing that I know, and I understand helps me. This war is such a colossal tragedy for the world, but equally from a geopolitical standpoint it is absolutely fascinating. Decisions have been made in hours that normally take years of debate and argument - such as the EU beefing up their military capabilities.

I posted earlier that my Mum's best friend was Bosniak, and I remember her saying the worst was the not knowing. Even if you know the worst, then at least you know, instead of the constant gnawing agony of thinking what could be happening to her friends and family (and then years later, finding out that the reality was so much worse). I don't want to post things that'll make me sound like some modern day Cassandra, wailing and tearing at my rags crying all 'we're all doomed'. Things are tit enough as they are, that won't help anybody, least of all me (I've already eaten three mars bars today, and had a cry last night). It's hard to strike the right level between 'yay, brave Kyiv will stand' and the other end of the spectrum, especially when nobody knows what will happen.
Everyone has to manage their own mental health theres some posts on here i start to read and think na f’’k that there is some things i rather would not know but thats me personally because i just know if i knew i would go mad but thats my responsibility to myself if that makes sense ? Its about knowing when to switch off if you need too while were on a war thread theres certain things i dont want to know but i can choose to read or not read please dont feel guilty for writing stuff we are responsiable for ourselves and only ourselves

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.