Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if Ukraine were to submit and Putin put a Moscow friendly government in place there would be rebels that would try to take the new government down and get Ukraine back and rightly so. It would be never ending.

I think Putin thought he had more support in the Ukraine from the people and the only thing in his way was Zelensky….oh boy was he wrong!

Reactions: 12
Even if Ukraine were to submit and Putin put a Moscow friendly government in place there would be rebels that would try to take the new government down and get Ukraine back and rightly so. It would be never ending.

I think Putin thought he had more support in the Ukraine from the people and the only thing in his way was Zelensky….oh boy was he wrong!
He also thought Zelensky would flee and that will help him take over. If Zelensky left, there would be no Ukraine to speak of. People would have given up becausw there would be no leadership. I don’t think anyone expected Zelensky handling this the way he does. And he is doing an amazing job. I hope they get fastracked into the EU. They sure need it

Reactions: 18
He also thought Zelensky would flee and that will help him take over. If Zelensky left, there would be no Ukraine to speak of. People would have given up becausw there would be no leadership. I don’t think anyone expected Zelensky handling this the way he does. And he is doing an amazing job. I hope they get fastracked into the EU. They sure need it
At the time of his election there were fears he would be too weak against Russia, and many expressed concern over his close links to the billionaire oligarch Ihor Kolomoisky. His opponent Poroshenko tweeted at the time that "a new inexperienced Ukrainian president... could be quickly returned to Russia's orbit of influence".

I think Russia hugely underestimated him.

Reactions: 15
Stop here I will make a new thread

👉🏻 new thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8
I got banned from mumsnet because I asked a genuine question about how my neighbour who is a single mum (child goes to school) works about 6 hours a week, pays more in rent than I do a mortgage, and has a better car than me, no help from the Dad and not from a well off family, when I’m on a salary way above the national average. I only wanted to know what kind of benefits people are entitled to out if interest, wasn’t bashing anyone, just asking!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.