Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine behind closed doors Ukraine will be receiving a lot of help with intelligence, finance, supplies etc but the moment, say a German soldier steps foot on Ukrainian soil, Russia will declare they’re at war with NATO. I do think most countries are doing what they feel they can without tipping the balance and unleashing hell throughout the world.

Reactions: 30
Ben Wallace did almost retract what she said this morning, he said the advice is not to travel to Ukraine and that we shouldn’t be thinking about fighting on their behalf.

Reactions: 13
That would start ww3. That's why putin has to fail in Ukraine as he will be after Estonia or somewhere next and they are nato and it will then be full on war in Europe
Yes, but let's be real what Belarus is doing is going back on everything. Let Ukraine in the EU at least.

Reactions: 12
The Defence sec said earlier that Putin was taken by surprise he thought the Ukrainians were going to come out in support of him ,not go against him but that Putin is very irrational and anything could happen in regards to nuclear weapons, he can't comment if the UK is readying up theirs for security reasons .
Putin, in the traditional style of the USSR has been surrounded by yes men agreeing with his every thought, so that somebody saying 'er, Vlad, baby, this may not be the greatest plan ever' would've got the boot long ago. Apparently covid has made this worse as due to his paranoia he's only allowed a very small team to work alongside him. It's like Stalin purging the Red Army of all the most capable generals.

Incidentally, in case anyone needs something cheery to watch that'll give a good insight into the USSR (and given Putin's background, helps with him), watch the Death of Stalin, and not just for Jason Isaacs with a broad Yorkshire accent as General Zhukov. Plus Putin hates it, so win, win.

As Zhukov says in the film "That's me told. I'm off to represent the entire Red Army at the buffet. You girls enjoy yourselves." (may not be strictly historically accurate)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yes, but let's be real what Belarus is doing is going back on everything. Let Ukraine in the EU at least.
Yeah I don't disagree but I think they probably are doing the right thing. Although a part of me just thinks fly in and drop bombs on those 3 miles of Russian troops

Reactions: 11
I’ve heard reports that Zelenskyy’s wife and children are still in the country. I really hope they aren’t and he sent them to safety. The bravery of that man is unquestionable.
He’s a real leader. Not many would do what he is doing.

Reactions: 18
Yeah I don't disagree but I think they probably are doing the right thing. Although a part of me just thinks fly in and drop bombs on those 3 miles of Russian troops
I think they should too and play Russia at their own game by claiming ignorance and denying all knowledge. I know it won't happen but it should.

Reactions: 8
Liz truss should know better as a politician to give a direct answer and I’m not even sure why the question was asked in the first place on national news. It was a stupid answer to a stupid question IMO.

Reactions: 27
This Liz Truss nonsense is just that. All the click bait headlines, The Independent even has a headline "Putin issued nuclear order in response to Liz Truss comments" like it is something new that he did this morning in response to her, as if it something that has happened this morning.

It isn't. It is nothing more than click bait, Truss should keep her shut, but equally we shouldn't fall for classic discord tactics and attempts to form division.

Truss is not the issue here. That is a distraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Whatever the truth, Liz Truss certainly isn’t known for eruditeness. And to think they were suggesting she ought to be the next PM. Think again I reckon. I don’t think it was at all sensible for her to say what she did tbh.
Liz and her AliExpress gold earrings.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Liz truss should know better as a politician to give a direct answer and I’m not even sure why the question was asked in the first place on national news.
But let's be honest, even if Liz Truss had stayed silent, Putin would still have blamed the British government.

Reactions: 33
Brave people.

Commander of Crimean volunteer battalion addresses Muslims of Russia:
For those who can't view it, someone translates
1646050775079.png

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I cringed when I saw her comment, type of thing I've been expecting old Boris to come out with (and amazed 5 days in he's managed to restrain himself this long)

Reactions: 18
Am I the only one who thinks there was nothing wrong with what she said. They can't send troops in but private citizens can do what they want.
Fair enough.

Reactions: 34
Am I the only one who thinks there was nothing wrong with what she said. They can't send troops in but private citizens can do what they want.
Fair enough.
Yeah I don't see the issue with it either. As previously said if she said nothing the UK government would have still got the blame as it's an easy target.

Don't be played played by the Kremlin.

Reactions: 30
Can someone get lizz to apologise to be fair i watched that interview and just knew it would upset him i really would not wanna be her right now

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.