Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who thinks there was nothing wrong with what she said. They can't send troops in but private citizens can do what they want.
Fair enough.
I agree. The media has hyped it up. I heard it as 'if individuals want to go and fight for Ukraine's freedom, we're not going to stop you'. It's hardly the same as sending in the troops.

Reactions: 27
Am I the only one who thinks there was nothing wrong with what she said. They can't send troops in but private citizens can do what they want.
Fair enough.
Its completely irresponsible to encourage untrained people to go and start meddling in a situation which will more likely than not end up with them being injured, needing to be looked after and becoming a hindrance to Ukraine.

Reactions: 19
But let's be honest, even if Liz Truss had stayed silent, Putin would still have blamed the British government.
But let's be honest, even if Liz Truss had stayed silent, Putin would still have blamed the British government.
true but I can’t help but think I’m situations like this that interview should’ve been watertight. The bbc should’ve (if they hadn’t) been transparent what questions would be asked and a team of advisors prepare the answers. This wasn’t trying to trick someone to admitting they were at a boozy lunch during lockdown. We do make it easy for ourselves don’t we…

Reactions: 9
Can someone get lizz to apologise to be fair i watched that internet and just knew it would upset him i really would not wanna be her right now
I don't think she has anything to apologise for tbh and even if she did, I doubt Putin would back down.

Reactions: 20
Yeah I don't see the issue with it either. As previously said if she said nothing the UK government would have still got the blame as it's an easy target.

Don't be played played by the Kremlin.
It gets the rest of Europes backs up too and causes division. Its so obvious 🙄

Reactions: 16
Fair enough.
Well Putin clearly didn't interpret it that way. A NATO country shouldn't be coming out with comments like this by publicising/ encouraging it's citizens to go and fight with no repurccusions

Reactions: 12
I agree. The media has hyped it up. I heard it as 'if you want to go and fight, we're not going to stop you'. It's hardly the same as sending in the troops.
Exactly, she hardly told people to do it.

Many seem to be annoyed that she's not neutral with all this "don't poke the bear", but would the same people still complain and call her weak if she was neutral?

Reactions: 29
I don't think she has anything to apologise for tbh and even if she did, I doubt Putin would back down.
Russia are just using it as an excuse - it's the typical bully saying 'why did you make me do that'. I think they are genuinely amazed that Britain hasn't rolled over to have our tummy tickled, and they are LIVID. Good, the Brexit causing fuckers.

It's like when a drunk falls over the family dog, and blames the dog, and not the tit ton of drink that made them wobbly.

Reactions: 28
Fair enough.
Russia would of taken that as a threat a sign of aggression. Ex service personnel in this country are highly trained and have seen active service. Didn't need to be said, they are going to Poland anyway they know the score and the their value.
Russia also will pick us due to our unsettled polical status. Plus we are at the front leading due to our political history etc.

Reactions: 14
Its completely irresponsible to encourage untrained people to go and start meddling in a situation which will more likely than not end up with them being injured, needing to be looked after and becoming a hindrance to Ukraine.
Well, I would hope untrained people wouldn't do that because that would be stupid.

Reactions: 16
Well, I would hope untrained people wouldn't do that because that would be stupid.
Can imagine all the gamers who spend their time playing Call of Duty thinking they’re qualified to take on the Russian Military 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 25
What's the alternative though?
Ukrainian males are conscripts. That's how serious this situation is.
Most everyday people wouldn't go out and do this though and maybe more a call for ex-military etc.

Reactions: 15
It gets the rest of Europes backs up too and causes division. Its so obvious 🙄
Yep and so many fall for it. Truss just said she would support people making their own decision about if they wanted to fight for Ukraine.

They want people to blame her for the threat of nukes, rather than the people with the nukes actually threatening.

"That is something people can make their own decisions about. The people of Ukraine are fighting for freedom and democracy, not just for Ukraine, but for the whole of Europe. Absolutely, if people want to support that struggle, I would support them in doing that.”

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can imagine all the gamers who spend their time playing Call of Duty thinking they’re qualified to take on the Russian Military 🙈
My bf was playing COD at the weekend and genuinely said to me "just getting prepared, just in case" 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Russian ruble now worth less than one US cent, and interest rates at 20% How will Poutine pay all his trolls now? On a side note, the General's face in that video is genius. That's a man working out how far and fast he can get away from all this mess, and claim he's been staying with his Uncle Vanya picking cherries the whole time. 'Not me guv, must've been my identical twin brother'

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.