Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread
Keep Calm and Carry On

previous thread

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

He makes the very good point that Putin's actions have hurt himself, and have healed some of the damage he caused to NATO and in Europe. He's done more to unite Europe and the West than anyone else. When everyone did react so overwhelmingly in support of Ukraine, I wonder if it's because people have been looking for an opportunity to retaliate against Russia, but did not want to act alone.

Reactions: 34
Kinda think it's better without a title, as much as he may need shooting the same rules about threatening to kill someone should apply to all of tattle even if they have blood on their hands. Else before you know it people will complain that their title about running over Katie price was zapped 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I must admit I’ve learned more about world politics in the last 2 days than I have in my whole life!

(it’s still not a lot) 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Kinda think it's better without a title, as much as he may need shooting the same rules about threatening to kill someone should apply to all of tattle even if they have blood on their hands. Else before you know it people will complain that their title about running over Katie price was zapped 😆
Sorry it was my suggestion. I don’t condone violence but Putin is an exception. 😬

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Thanks everyone, I didn’t find what u said patronising at all. I think it’s understandable in these crazy times we live in to have panic moments where it all gets too much. I really hope there’s a resolution soon to all of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
To agree with I’m not Putin from the last thread, no need to panic buy! On the off chance you ever need to flee your home you’re probs not gonna take a suitcase of tinned beans anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Ah ok thanks @Yel - I see you have removed it so @Prefrontalmedialcortex’s 3 minutes of fame are now over 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Im sure the situation is so much more scary for the NATO members right by Russia. Hold onto the fact that he doesn’t have any support from even his allies.
Mentioned it briefly before, but there are certainly some people making plans to flee to other countries if it goes wrong. Putin's speech before the invasion (the 50 minute one which was basically a propaganda history lesson) was very USSR focused (I think someone did a breakdown on how Finland was hinted at too in the first thread?), and he has apparently talked about wanting to basically get the 'old territories' back

Social media also suggests some concerns from neighbouring countries about their security, though the leaders seem confident that nothing would happen or that NATO would help/deter Russia

~

It's nice to see more countries helping and NATO seemingly getting slightly more involved (hence all this nuclear stuff from Putin as a response?), but it sets a bad precedent that a country in need of urgent help should have to withstand an attack for 2-3 days before other countries are willing to commit more resources, imo anyway

Also, rather confusing for Belarus/Russia to be offering/open to negotiations but then threatening to further join the war (in the case of Belarus as I'd understand, ignoring that their territory was used at the start of the invasion) and putting the nuclear forces on alert. Granted, I'm still of the opinion that nothing good will come from the negotiations

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks everyone, I didn’t find what u said patronising at all. I think it’s understandable in these crazy times we live in to have panic moments where it all gets too much. I really hope there’s a resolution soon to all of this.
Sometimes I think the healthiest thing to do is to turn off the news and just live your life. We have constant access to so much information and it can take over.

Reactions: 34
Sometimes I think the healthiest thing to do is to turn off the news and just live your life. We have constant access to so much information and it can take over.
Too much news, everywhere. 1 lot of news a day is more than sufficient!

Reactions: 16
apperently russia use nuclear wepons to fight as its part of their doctrine not big ones apperently on a smaller scale i dont know how true just watched it as part of sky news report

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It’s not prepping extensive amounts. It’s just a spare part of clothes, first aid kit, torch etc. I will do a thread on it when I have permissions.
Sorry this quote was from the last thread …I don’t think a thread is a good idea…. You will possibly make some people more anxious, and/or there will definitely be some slating the ideas due to the panic buying it might create as it will go beyond basics. Just my opinion, but it makes me anxious just thinking of reading all through it …..

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.