Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lighthearted post but If we could have some kind of reassurance soon that would be good, being alone I haven’t had a sh*g for a while, and think I might have to have a quick one nighter just in case we’re all for it 😬
If not I’ll stay as I am

Which channel are you watching x
It was bbc news but it’s changed now! X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I saw this on another thread, which a kind user translated, via Sporza. This man is 59, and has had cancer, and he's going to Ukraine (he's also a double hard bastard).

An unexpected phone call can sometimes rock your world. Johan Museeuw enjoyed the opening weekend of the Flemish cycling year, but was overwhelmed by a phone call from former colleague and former competitor Andrei Tchmil, who lives near the war zone in Ukraine.

Museeuw received a phone call from Andrei Tchmil (59) on Sunday afternoon. In a video on Facebook, Museeuw recalls what Tchmil had to say. "We used to fight many wars on the bike, but now I'm in the middle of one, Andre told me. "I live in the border area 100 kilometres from where there is fighting. And they are moving closer." He (Tchmil) said he sent his wife and their 1-year-old son away to Romania to protect them, but that he himself is going to stay there. "I am going to fight. I'm going to defend it."

Whether Tchmil means to defend his home and possessions or to actively join the fight, Museeuw does not say, but in any case Tchmil is expecting the worst. "Johan, I wanted to hear you again. I don't know if I will be there tomorrow or the day after. I hope so, but I'll give you a big kiss."

Museeuw is overwhelmed. "As someone of my age, that makes you stop for a moment. I've been in contact with Andrei for the last few years and now he calls you and says Johan, I'll give you three kisses because I don't know if I'll still be here tomorrow. That makes the hair on your arms stand up."

"I hope that nonsense stops there. Andrei, thanks for the phone call. And I really hope from the bottom of my heart that we can keep calling each other."

Andrei Tchmil was born in the Soviet Union. He previously held Russian, Moldovan and Ukrainian citizenship. At the end of the 1990s, he had himself naturalised as a Belgian.

Reactions: 12
Don’t do it, cause this might blow over and you could possibly have shagged an ugly bastard because you thought it was end times
Could always pretend it didn't happen, sorry that wasn't me it was Patrica

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Wonder how long the talks will go on? Currently sat taking my mind off things by watching serial killer documentaries 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

I can't find this video anywhere else, but it's really interesting, as he says first he will be booed, then everyone will learn to respect him. Then he says you have to live by honour, and act by honour. He's certainly showing that.

Reactions: 20
This is what the defence secretary had to say about Putin’s escalating rhetoric.

Speaking to BBC Breakfast on Monday, Mr Wallace said he understood concerns over Mr Putin's order, revealing his own 12-year-old son had called him about it.
He said: "We don't see or recognise in the sort of phrase or the status he described as anything that is a change to what they have currently as their nuclear posture.
"This is predominantly about Putin putting it on the table just to remind people, remind the world, that he has a deterrent."
The defence secretary said that Britain was also a nuclear power and that its deterrent had "kept our security for decades".

Reactions: 18
Many videos on news twitters of shelling in residential areas of Kharkiv, it's been going on for a while now.

On the talks:
1646048232388.png

Vitali and Waldimir Klitschko (the world champion boxers and VK is Kyiv's mayor) were among the 23 (including prime minister and the cabinet) named on the hit list belonging to the 400 mercenaries put into Kyiv to take out Zelenskyy. Mercenaries boasting they know the locations of all through mobile phone tracking.
This news from The Times though, which reported on it hours after Kyiv Independent announced it. And Zelenskyy in his morning report did reference they were sent in and said they failed. Fingers crossed it's true. By that, I'm hoping The Times 'exclusive' is hours behind what's happening.

'toon in the Evening Standard (for those who missed - Zelenskyy voiced Paddington in the Ukrainian dub of the film)

1646048045530.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17

We all know the propaganda machine is in full swing but this is the side of it they can’t hide from the Russian population and they know it. They can control broadcasts and limit social media access but once it hits the populations pockets and inflation rockets/their markets collapse the mood will change very quickly. I think I’m really hoping for some sort of Russian revolt at this point, I already have a lot of respect for the ones speaking out and getting arrested, it’s such a risky move to do that in Russia.

Reactions: 20
Lighthearted post but If we could have some kind of reassurance soon that would be good, being alone I haven’t had a sh*g for a while, and think I might have to have a quick one nighter just in case we’re all for it 😬
If not I’ll stay as I am

Which channel are you watching x
My advice would be a vibrator and pics of Zelensky! 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Abramovich is at the talks ,Boris doesn’t seem hopeful of a resolution
43344DFA-9FC4-42F7-B72B-8871ECD57ED0.jpeg

Reactions: 10
Imagine being a Russian soldier and having to fight one of the Klitschko brothers. Itd be like that scene in the Simpsons where a riot breaks out in the stadium and Moe ends up having to fight a heavyweight champion and crying “how did this happen”
EFA16A9D-C49B-47BA-8317-E5AD4DBEAF00.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.