Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 4 year old is picking up on it too. He asked me this morning if the soldiers will come to his school. I thought he didn't pay attention to the news because I only put it on whilst he's busy doing something. Time to turn it off when he's home now.
Mine is older at 9, but his friends have been talking about it too and they’ve been watching Newsround at school.

I’m drip feeding him positive stories I’ve been reading about in the hope that this helps any worries he may be hiding.

Reactions: 15
The most disturbing thing about nuclear weapons is how many have been lost or gone missing. I think it's estimated to be about 50 between the major powers. Like how can you "lose" a nuclear bomb? Sold to private buyers maybe?
America has lost a few. One nearly took out New York by accident & ones lying in the Sea off their coast.
I remember reading somewhere that uranium for nuclear bombs is only found in a couple of places in the World & that's why those areas are " policed" to ensure none is mined & moved and taken out of those countries into the wrong hands. It was years ago when I read it, can't recall the proper details now.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Does anyone know if NATO/allies have the defence capability to shoot down a Russian long range warhead if deployed?

Reactions: 5
I see Royal Netherlands Airforce and US and Nato airforce above Poland right now.
The Spanish Airforce were also over Poland yesterday alongside 1 x RAF and 2 USAF planes - I would imagine there are many more off of the radar too - Stealths?

Reactions: 11
These peace talks are surely a massive paradox while there’s still an active Russian invasion happening. What are they hoping to achieve? Is it to appease the Russian people who are opposed to what’s happening? So they can pretend they tried and to justify sending more troops in? I mean they’re hardly just going to retreat at this point, Putin would rather die than be made look foolish.
This is exactly what it's about. Putin has no intention of backing off but he's agreed so it appears to Russia he's tried. Ukraine have agreed but they know its nothing more than a farce. I fully expect the outcome will be that peace talks have broken down.

Reactions: 16
Anyone following the British man travelling to Ukraine to get to his wife and child? He’s live streaming as much as he can on tik tok, came up on fyp yesterday afternoon. His signal is hit and miss so he can’t always stay on and I’m but I’m so invested now I need to see he gets to his wife and child safely. He was streaming this morning when he got stopped by civilians who wanted to check all his documents etc and they requested he ended the live but he is back on again now. So sad that people are having to worry for their families safety like this. I couldn’t imagine being in his wife’s situation or his to be honest.
The guy who’s packed a big box of PG tips for the journey? Priorities ☕

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Lighthearted post but If we could have some kind of reassurance soon that would be good, being alone I haven’t had a sh*g for a while, and think I might have to have a quick one nighter just in case we’re all for it 😬
If not I’ll stay as I am

They’re all sat at the table now !! Watching on the news. So surreal
Which channel are you watching x

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.