Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if I’m about a decade behind everyone else in my thinking but…

If Putin genuinely thinks that he is liberating the Ukrainian people… I guess that’s why he didn’t expect the Ukrainian people to fight back with such force and bravery.
But in that case, why did he go in with any force at all? :unsure:

Reactions: 8
Zelenskyy daily dose (sorry, no khaki photos as yet):

1646044039251.png

1646044071643.png

1646044085289.png

1646044059743.png

Ukraine-Russia talks:

1646044167974.png

1646044007827.png

I gather every other Ukrainian man is a boxer, yes? Yes

1646044025260.png

Meme fun

1646044123425.png

I don’t know why but I imagined the talks to be in some vast field with each set of delegates on opposite sides of an imaginary line 😂🙈
Sounds like being in a room with Putin,so perhaps not far off? :ROFLMAO:

But in that case, why did he go in with any force at all? :unsure:
RU propaganda spoke of a tyrannical neo-Nazi regime. They probably expected fight back from government and loyalist forces. NOT that the whole country would tell them to duck off

Reactions: 20
If Russia fires a nuclear missile over the sea and doesn't hit a country, what happens?
It does seem like the next step yeah?
They were testing them over land and sea as recently as a week ago. They normally do a test once a year in the Autumn, but brought it forward this year as a show of strength. His Belarus buddy Lukashenko was there to see it too.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Has anyone watched GB news?
they reported an a story where 3 Ukranian lorry drivers were spotted by a postman parked at the side of the road - he spoke to them and they were here to collect goods to take back. They said they now cannot get back and have been sleeping in their vehicles. One company offered them parking in a more secure yard, a local cafe has offered them free food for as long as they are here and a hotel asked if they wanted free rooms - I don’t know why but it really touched me - Brits are great - if only politicians and their egos didn’t run the bloody world we would all be better off - the ordinary folks of every country just want to live their lives without all this aggro and constant need for posturing - Well done Durham 🇬🇧❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I've been to Hiroshima and the destruction there was shocking. What a world to live in.
And to think they stopped testing aerial nuclear bombs over 50 years ago that were thousands of times bigger than the one dropped on Hiroshima partly because they got far too big to test anywhere.

Reactions: 16
They were testing them over land and sea as recently as a week ago. They normally do a test once a year in the Autumn, but brought it forward this year as a show of strength.

Yea I thought I'd read that. I do wonder if he will do this again with no warning as an act of provocation.

Reactions: 9
Anyone following the British man travelling to Ukraine to get to his wife and child? He’s live streaming as much as he can on tik tok, came up on fyp yesterday afternoon. His signal is hit and miss so he can’t always stay on and I’m but I’m so invested now I need to see he gets to his wife and child safely. He was streaming this morning when he got stopped by civilians who wanted to check all his documents etc and they requested he ended the live but he is back on again now. So sad that people are having to worry for their families safety like this. I couldn’t imagine being in his wife’s situation or his to be honest.

Reactions: 17
These peace talks are surely a massive paradox while there’s still an active Russian invasion happening. What are they hoping to achieve? Is it to appease the Russian people who are opposed to what’s happening? So they can pretend they tried and to justify sending more troops in? I mean they’re hardly just going to retreat at this point, Putin would rather die than be made look foolish.

Reactions: 18
The most disturbing thing about nuclear weapons is how many have been lost or gone missing. I think it's estimated to be about 50 between the major powers. Like how can you "lose" a nuclear bomb? Sold to private buyers maybe?

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Anyone following the British man travelling to Ukraine to get to his wife and child? He’s live streaming as much as he can on tik tok, came up on fyp yesterday afternoon. His signal is hit and miss so he can’t always stay on and I’m but I’m so invested now I need to see he gets to his wife and child safely. He was streaming this morning when he got stopped by civilians who wanted to check all his documents etc and they requested he ended the live but he is back on again now. So sad that people are having to worry for their families safety like this. I couldn’t imagine being in his wife’s situation or his to be honest.
I've heard of 2 or 3 Brits going there to collect their loved ones. I can't imagine how worried he must be. I hope he manages to find them (safely and together) and gets them. I'm always awed by how much people do for those they love and for love in general. I know this sounds so mushy, but at the end of it all, love is really what powers us as human beings. I've not got TikTok - would you be able to let us know how he gets on and when he finds them? I say when because I'm hoping with every fibre in my being that he does find them

Reactions: 19
A lot of Royal Air Force activity on flight radar over Shrewsbury area
The RAF don't carry out exercises over built up areas. The most likely cause of an increase in traffic is aircraft passing through on the way to North Wales where both the RAF and UK based USAF practice low level flying in the valleys of the so called 'Mach Loop' between Dolgellau and Machynlleth. It would be naive to think that the UK military are not planning for all possible events but at the moment the chance of the RAF being involved in actual conflict is pretty remote.

RAF Fairford is by Gloucester so nearby-ish
'RAF' Fairford is a US Air Force base. It is regularly used by USAF B52s and U2 spy planes. There was a surge in activity a couple of weeks ago which may have in part been a response to 'recent events' but also likely to be planned exercises. Fairford isn't used by the RAF but of course RAF Brize Norton is only a few miles away. However they aren't likely to create traffic around Shrewsbury.

Reactions: 12
These peace talks are surely a massive paradox while there’s still an active Russian invasion happening. What are they hoping to achieve? Is it to appease the Russian people who are opposed to what’s happening? So they can pretend they tried and to justify sending more troops in? I mean they’re hardly just going to retreat at this point, Putin would rather die than be made look foolish.
I imagine the talks will run along the lines of

RU ‘you surrender now’

Ukraine ‘Go duck yourselves’

end of talks

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Has anyone seen what Zelenskyy has said about releasing convicts with combat experience to help? What a moral dilemma.

Zelenskyy daily dose (sorry, no khaki photos as yet):

View attachment 1093034
View attachment 1093036
View attachment 1093037

View attachment 1093035

Ukraine-Russia talks:

View attachment 1093039

View attachment 1093032

I gather every other Ukrainian man is a boxer, yes? Yes

View attachment 1093033

Meme fun

View attachment 1093038

Sounds like being in a room with Putin,so perhaps not far off? :ROFLMAO:

RU propaganda spoke of a tyrannical neo-Nazi regime. They probably expected fight back from government and loyalist forces. NOT that the whole country would tell them to duck off

V grateful for these updates @NorthernValkyrie

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m confused by the peace talks planned for today. Russia agreed to the talks but the continued with the assault on Ukraine last night with that enormous convoy?!

and I’m sorry I have a stupid question….who will attend the talks? Would it be Zelenskyy and Putin or other people?

tryingnot to have tv/radio on during the day because my 3.5 year old is picking up on snippets. He’s superhero mad at the moment and unfortunately I heard him playing with his Spider-Man toys saying “this is the Russian superhero” 😱. We don’t tend to have it on (if the tv is one it seems it has to be the toddlers choice as he runs this house 🤦🏻‍♀️) but my Mother does have radio or news on all day, and she looked after him a couple of days over the weekend as I was in hospital so we think that’s where he maybe has picked up what’s going on.

there Is only so much catching up to do you can do on your phone and reading!
My 4 year old is picking up on it too. He asked me this morning if the soldiers will come to his school. I thought he didn't pay attention to the news because I only put it on whilst he's busy doing something. Time to turn it off when he's home now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.