Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this the first time they have met for proper talks ?
Yes. Zelenskyy said from the start he was open to talks if RU willing to act like an adult. Having ignored him for a while (I assume to wait for him to run away?) Russia suggested places that were out of the question. Not sure how they came to agree on these in Belarus but they did.
Lavrov had also said RU would be open to negotations once Ukraine restored "democratic order", to which a brilliant MP in an interview when asked, said "duck you Lavrov"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If Russia fires a nuclear missile over the sea and doesn't hit a country, what happens?
It does seem like the next step yeah?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Perhaps I am wrong but I assumed the OP meant the collective "we" - as in the UK govt, NATO, the wider public opinion - as opposed to just individual comments on tattle. Although ofc its always wise anyway to verify things before you post them.
Some of you may find this interesting.

It's an LA Times piece, so not from a pro Russian stooge, but it gives a slightly different perspective on the Ukrainian president.

That piece is from 14th February, events have made it clear who he is, and how he has dealt with Russia. It's an out of date perspective.

Reactions: 18
I don't understand the 'talks' thing, sorry if this has been covered - but how are the Ukranians meant to trust the Russians enough to even think about having their leaders in the same room as them?
Maybe it will be along the lines of the talks at the Korean border where they sit at the same table but one end of it is in North Korea (Belarus/Russia) and the other side is across the border in South Korea (Ukraine) And where if you tried to cross to the other side you are literally taken out by the highest trained guards in the country.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Is the convey has stopped i think there basing their next move on what happened at this meeting ?

Reactions: 7
If Russia fires a nuclear missile over the sea and doesn't hit a country, what happens?
I guess it will just land wherever, unless it is intercepted or tracked. I don't know much about missiles but I really wouldn't read into this as the next step x

Reactions: 14
This article is about a h-bomb from N. Korea
but perhaps similar fallout.

Politcally? We will never truly know until it actually happens. So much bull and bluster.

Reactions: 9
Sorry if I’m about a decade behind everyone else in my thinking but…

If Putin genuinely thinks that he is liberating the Ukrainian people… I guess that’s why he didn’t expect the Ukrainian people to fight back with such force and bravery.

Reactions: 20

So I watched this last night (admittedly don't know much about Russia pre 1917 Revolution) but you can see it's been quite a futile country.... History really does repeat itself. Interesting part about Ukraine and it's Oblasts at 4.00.

Reactions: 11
I'm going to preface this with of course they won't ever be used (although people easily triggered probably shouldn't click in a thread with war in the name), but bombs of the past vs what's in countries arsenal today:
Screenshot 2022-02-28 10.07.36.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Some of you may find this interesting.

It's an LA Times piece, so not from a pro Russian stooge, but it gives a slightly different perspective on the Ukrainian president.

Interesting @Toothbrush. Thanks for posting. Always good to have a different perspective. Until things kicked off in the east I had almost no knowledge of the big Z.

One thing for sure now, he seems to be doing a great job leading Ukraine atm under what must be very difficult and dangerous circumstances. There is bound to be a mood of unity as many Ukrainian nationals see Russia as aggressor.

I wonder how many pro-Russian activists there are inside Ukraine both in and outside the regions of Luhansk and Donetsk - does anybody know?

Reactions: 5
Is the convey has stopped i think there basing their next move on what happened at this meeting ?
Do you mean the Russian front line of attack?

British intelligence corroborates reports from the Ukraine that the Russian advance has slowed down and in many places stopped entirely.

The defence ministry from Britain said "Logistical failures and staunch Ukrainian resistance continue to frustrate the Russian advance" so it sounds like the advance has slowed more because of the sheer determination of the Ukrainian's to defend their home land and because of the Russian's being so underprepared to face them and less likely because of the talks.

Putin would not be sending representatives to the talks if his advance was closer to Kyiv and closer to seizing power there. These talks are only happening because your average Joe in Ukraine stayed behind to protect what is theirs instead of fleeing, and because their sheer strength in doing so has surprised the Russians who thought they can send in a poorly equipped and poorly trained militia and be victorious.

What we have seen from the Ukrainians is truly astounding.

Reactions: 22
I don’t know why but I imagined the talks to be in some vast field with each set of delegates on opposite sides of an imaginary line 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’ve heard reports that Zelenskyy’s wife and children are still in the country. I really hope they aren’t and he sent them to safety. The bravery of that man is unquestionable.
I can't imagine how she must feel, bless her. 😔😔 but she should be very proud of him

I'm going to preface this with of course they won't ever be used (although people easily triggered probably shouldn't click in a thread with war in the name), but bombs of the past vs what's in countries arsenal today:
View attachment 1093015
I've been to Hiroshima and the destruction there was shocking. What a world to live in.

• Sad
I’m confused by the peace talks planned for today. Russia agreed to the talks but the continued with the assault on Ukraine last night with that enormous convoy?!

and I’m sorry I have a stupid question….who will attend the talks? Would it be Zelenskyy and Putin or other people?

tryingnot to have tv/radio on during the day because my 3.5 year old is picking up on snippets. He’s superhero mad at the moment and unfortunately I heard him playing with his Spider-Man toys saying “this is the Russian superhero” 😱. We don’t tend to have it on (if the tv is one it seems it has to be the toddlers choice as he runs this house 🤦🏻‍♀️) but my Mother does have radio or news on all day, and she looked after him a couple of days over the weekend as I was in hospital so we think that’s where he maybe has picked up what’s going on.

there Is only so much catching up to do you can do on your phone and reading!

Reactions: 10
I can’t help but imagine talks being like the interview in LOD with dot cotton when it all kicked off

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.