Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wonder about this but I’m afraid to sound stupid 😂 I mean if there was a nuclear war who’s the winner when there’s very little of the world left?
I am stupid haha. There’s been things about him being terminally ill for years so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 6
I might be being totally naive here but what would putin gain from nuking us? The moment anyone decided to escalate to that they would also face consequences and the world and their lives would be massively affected too.
The problem is Putin. Maybe he really is terminally ill as speculated, therefore has nothing to lose and really does want to go down in the history books. Either way it’s not hard to understand why the rest of Europe/NATO are holding back. Would you want to test the will of a madman?

• Sad
Reactions: 14
but if they cannot get out of the ukraine? have you seen the traffic trying to leave in the last couple of days?
Yes I have seen. But if you are not able to get out of Ukraine and into a neighbouring country then how are you meant to get to the UK?

I don’t know the reasoning behind the decision and I’m not saying I agree with it (I don’t) just clarifying because that page tends to be misleading.

Reactions: 10
The problem is Putin. Maybe he really is terminally ill as speculated, therefore has nothing to lose and really does want to go down in the history books. Either way it’s not hard to understand why the rest of Europe/NATO are holding back. Would you want to test the will of a madman?
No i defo wouldn’t wanna test it and don’t think anyone would.

Reactions: 11
I studied history at uni quite a a while ago, and I think the most important module of any was the 'approaches to history' one in our 2nd year. At the time I wasn't that bothered about why Eric Hobsbawn used the word 'but' in a sentence, but looking back it was the most valuable thing I've ever learnt. We were taught to thoroughly understand who was writing what and why. What sources they were using, their own biases, and what this told us about what they were saying. Different approaches such as marxism, post modernism, the alien ant theory of human behaviour. It should be compulsory, especially when there are so many conflicting and dangerous voices out there.

We also watched historical fims, and critiqued them like the little wankers we were. The inaccuracies in Ben Hur, war films, and why certain stories were told (Like your comment about the British view of WWII, and why the French feel very differently about Dunkirk, for example). The film that reduced everyone to silence, and the one film I'm glad I've seen but will never watch again? Come and See, about WWII and Belarus.
Come and See is a must-watch, it shows the true horror of war in a way that no other film even comes close to.

Sorry I know it's already been asked but is there any legitimate links I can donate to please?

Reactions: 2
I might be being totally naive here but what would putin gain from nuking us? The moment anyone decided to escalate to that they would also face consequences and the world and their lives would be massively affected too.
We have Mutually Assured Destruction and second strike ability . if they struck us with a nuke we can send a load of missiles in seconds back which would wipe out Russia . I bet trident and USA have all their missiles within range of Russia right now. It's in no one's interests to have a nuclear war apart from a complete nutter.

I worry about Putin's mental instability something's changed there I'm believing the terminal illness thing. I'm also starting to believe COVID might have been deliberately released . He's played a blinder though while we were all at home baking banana bread and panicking over COVID he has been plotting this and probably China was in on it.

Reactions: 24
We have Mutually Assured Destruction and second strike ability . if they struck us with a nuke we can send a load of missiles in seconds back which would wipe out Russia . I bet trident and USA have all their missiles within range of Russia right now. It's in no one's interests to have a nuclear war apart from a complete nutter.

I worry about Putin's mental instability something's changed there I'm believing the terminal illness thing. I'm also starting to believe COVID might have been deliberately released . He's played a blinder though while we were all at home baking banana bread and panicking over COVID he has been plotting this and probably China was in on it.
That’s it I couldn’t remember what it was called. Surely people around him won’t let this happen?? God I really wish he was gone somehow!

Reactions: 8

I thought Russia had a bigger nuclear arsenal than NATO?

Reactions: 4
TLDR:
The Nazi narrative and quick invasion only seems like the actions of an unhinged madman because most of us are only just hearing about it. When in fact, it has been a long, deliberate and calculated propaganda campaign.
—-

Putin has been pushing the Ukraine/Nazi narrative since at least 2014. The propaganda from Russian state and military owned tv, even “entertainment” type shows have been feeding this misinformation to the people for years and have painted the Ukrainian people as victims of a corrupt regime and “too stupid” to do anything about it. So alas, Russia is the hero for liberating this supposedly oppressed nation from such tyranny. They’ve tried to brainwash their own people to justify their invasion, to gain support for the fight against evil. Not all Russians have fallen for it, as we saw those brave souls demonstrating, but the figure quoted last night in the news was roughly 66% believe it. For Ukraine to be close to joining NATO and potentially be recognized as an independent Democratic state would destroy the facade and support so carefully built all these years. The Nazi narrative and quick invasion only seems like the actions of an unhinged madman because most of us are only just hearing about it. When in fact, it has been a long, deliberate and calculated propaganda campaign.

This news story from CBC (Canada) touches on these points and more.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I often wonder about this but I’m afraid to sound stupid 😂 I mean if there was a nuclear war who’s the winner when there’s very little of the world left?
I have no idea about this tbh, but what is really worrying is the rest of the Chernobyl site... it is encased to prevent the radiation gettng out... but imagine it was bombed accidentally, absolutely terrifying... this is not out of the question now

• Wow
Charles is/was absolutely right. This is 1936 onwards.
Looks like Russia is giving Syria the green light to go against Israel and invade the Golan Heights. Syria won't know what hit them. Attacking a people surrounded by the enemy's noose, who is ever-alert for attacks (which they experience every single day), will go very ill for Russia's allies.
Would be a great reason to get Mossad involved in the execution of Vladimir the Impaler, too.

• Heart
Come and See is a must-watch, it shows the true horror of war in a way that no other film even comes close to.
The image of the child looking so distressed upsets me and the name, Come and See, sounds so ominous that I’ve always steered away from it.

Reactions: 8
Sorry I know it's already been asked but is there any legitimate links I can donate to please?
List of links to follow

• Heart
I thought Russia had a bigger nuclear arsenal than NATO?
They are both massive, it's immaterial really..... we always have nuclear subs sailing 24/7, as does the USA, etc

Unfortunately, NATO cannot start fighting Russia- it's an act of War . Russia invading Ukraine is an act of War aggression against Ukraine. Not the EU, Great Britain or American soil .
We can support them , allow Ukraine weapons and also we can be there in Humanitarian aid. We can help them by writing off their debts to us , by many other ways too.
Once Russia puts a step onto an EU member states soil, NATO can go for them. Until then, NATO must bolster the e.u. Borders, in these early days of their conflict.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.