Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That ‘no way is Putin going to stop at Ukraine’, ‘he is Hitler ii’ ie looking to take over
He said he had no intention to attack Ukraine and he has gone and done it, Hitler said that no way would he march into Poland and off he went and then took most of Europe over too. I think Putin has the same megalomaniac delusions as Hitler and is also a liar just like him. Hitler wanted to cleanse Europe of Jews, Putin claims there are Nazis in Ukraine which he wants to bring to justice, no doubt they will also be cleansed.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Estonia and Lithuania are EU members and Lithuania is also a Nato member. They are in entirely different positions than Ukraine.
This is what I mean though. Putin is pushing hard to see the reaction and see how united the West is.

NATO went into action over Kosovo, who weren't a member, but I think they key element here is Russia. NATO doesn't want a war with Russia. NATO didn't even get UNSC approval before starting the bombing campaign. 2011 Libya campaign as well even through this one did get UNSC approval. In fact, NATO has gone to war more times then article 5 has even been invoked (only once after 9/11).

Reactions: 15
Estonia and Lithuania are EU members and Lithuania is also a Nato member. They are in entirely different positions than Ukraine.
The problem is more about how willing NATO would be to go to war over fairly small states. It’s all good saying that Article 5 is strong, but that’s while the countries are fairly safe. Can’t imagine Germany and Italy wanting to meddle much because ✨oil and gas✨

Some people said that Ukraine would be fine because NATO/other countries would want to help as they’re so large and important for exports. Yet the most Ukraine has had is some weapons (better than weak sanctions!) and seemingly a lot of scared leaders not wanting to do anything. Putin is threatening nukes, but those threats are easier made than carried out as no one really wants a nuclear war. It all comes down to brinkmanship - how far can you push before someone (presumably NATO) gets very upset

Also, I know it was discussed yesterday but here’s a source (granted it’s very anonymous) for the activity in and around Chernobyl:

Attachments

Reactions: 15
This is what I mean though. Putin is pushing hard to see the reaction and see how united the West is.

NATO went into action over Kosovo, who weren't a member, but I think they key element here is Russia. NATO doesn't want a war with Russia. NATO didn't even get UNSC approval before starting the bombing campaign. 2011 Libya campaign as well even through this one did get UNSC approval. In fact, NATO has gone to war more times then article 5 has even been invoked (only once after 9/11).
Nato and the EU are helping Ukraine. What happened in the past isn’t necessarily a good way to predict what is going to happen next.
The EU won’t want Russia in it’s member states. Nato right now wants to prevent an all out WW3 situation which let’s be fair is understandable.

Imagine putting a loaded gun into the hands of a person with dementia?😲
And this is why I’m hoping his own people will turn on him… cause he is hurting his own people too. Like his inner circle.

Reactions: 16
On another thread here they were discussing how he might have cancer.
Is this some kind of Last Hurrah then I wonder? He doesn't care what happens but is happy to cause as much mayhem and misery as he can as he hates Nato.

Reactions: 16
On another thread here they were discussing how he might have cancer.
Only some tabloids were reporting this back in 2014 and 2020. Nothing since. Reuters had an article on the Kremlin denying it but that’s it.
I think it’s far more likely that he is just a paranoid megalomaniac, a much worse and dangerous version of Hungary’s Orban. You can see the same rhetoric and tactics in both.

Reactions: 12
Is this some kind of Last Hurrah then I wonder? He doesn't care what happens but is happy to cause as much mayhem and misery as he can as he hates Nato.
Might sound like a silly question, why does he hate Nato?

Reactions: 3
Estonia is sending aid to Ukraine and a friend who lives in Estonia says that the tension is palpable. With Putin at the wheel, I wouldn't even want to play Mario Kart. I don't blame them, or anyone, for not being able to draw lines or set up expectations at this point. The man is a murderer and devoid of compassion, just like all the other dictators in the world.

Reactions: 18

I think if Putin invades a NATO country (even a ‘small’ one) then NATO would have to retaliate/send troops. If they didn’t it would make a mockery of the entire organisation.

It’s interesting what you say about Kosovo too, I guess Putins threat of action if NATO troops go in is weighing heavily though

Reactions: 11
We shouldn't be seeing this in 2022, but what a heroic and brave thing to do for your country❤ RIP. think Putin underestimated the Ukrainian soldiers

Screenshot_20220225-151808_Instagram.jpg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
So Finland and Sweden have been threatened now re them attending the NATO summit.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.