Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Putin really needs to be overthrown by his own people and Parliament. The best we can hope for now is he has over played his hand and this will be the end of him
This! The people in Russia have to remove him for others around him to get the message. Much like the French Revolution or how the tzars were overthrown.

Reactions: 26

AlanBanan

VIP Member
They aren’t going down at all. Russia is not making progress. Russians are still protesting which could and hopefully will grow into an all out revolution.

Even though sanctions aren’t rolling in as hard and fast as they could, multiple countries are sending military equipment to Ukraine and other aid too.

And we all know the CIA is both in Ukraine and Russia… Putin hasn’t been seen out and about in a while. He hasn’t travelled much either. You bet he is scared he will be taken out.
There is hundreds of spies in Ukraine and thousands in Russia, my bet is that Putin will be taken out by his own. He’s messing with their precious money and their businesses. Sure war and genocide is fine but if you mess with oligarchs money and lifestyle habits, you’re basically a marked man.

Reactions: 26
I know people have kids and wee heartbroken for them but I'm not a mum. I have pets, a dog and a cat. I live by myself and they are my bestfriends. Seeing people fleeing with their pets is what sets me off.
I’m not a mum either, but I have Cats and live alone, they’re my world. It breaks my heart too, I couldn’t leave them If I couldn’t take them I’d end it for us all peacefully together xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Pinotsgoats

He has no other powerful allies other than China. So this is big.
Yeah, exactly. This is about as good as the UN is able to deliver and it's a good result. Nobody stood by Russia. Russia, as the president of the security council, was forced to read out the list of all other countries opposing them. It's an extremely long list.

They have been completely isolated on the world stage and it's a damning indictment of their actions. The UN is a space for jaw-jaw, as opposed to war-war.

Warpaint

VIP Member
It's a very astute observation - I feel like there's been a mix of arrogance, apathy, distracted behaviours/complacency in many countries and failing trust in our institutions for quite some time now (including state educations). Survivors from that era of time have all nearly died and not enough of their stories were recorded/made widely available, but instead we've had so many stupid films made that romanticise and glorify what happened (no wonder so many people don't realise the full extent of fascism in Europe; for many their first point of reference is a film). The communities still affected by the events of WW2 get silenced - I can't help but remember how many of my Jewish friends in school were spoken over by others and told that the 'Holocaust wasn't that bad' and that they 'should get over it' - which still makes me feel sick. Nowadays - in general - sadly most people don't read books or engage with their countries' histories; no wonder we haven't collectively learned from the lessons of our past. It's distressing :(
Yeah Britain has always been seemingly obsessed with the war but it's almost like it was the wrong aspects of it. Making it seem like we went in there, smashed the Nazis all in time for the kettle to be boiled and Churchill to light up another cigar. A lot of superficial stuff that makes Britain look great and overlooks the rest. As it has been mentioned before in the thread, comparing the Pandemic to the time of the Blitz really showed how much people have lost touch.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I would be careful about trusting the Daily Mail on this tbh. They're after clicks and causing panic to get those clicks

This China stuff comes too late, and I wonder whether it was planned to come 'too late' so China would appear 'better'. I saw a tweet which said that the negotiations Putin would want/is seeking is basically just surrender of Ukraine/Kyiv to Russia - calling that as him being open for negotiations is a joke by the media tbh

I'm not Putin

VIP Member
I'm usually found in the PTWM threads, but I, like many others, have found myself glued to this thread today. Just wanted to say what a clever, informed lot of trolls you all are. It's refreshing to read balanced and educated comments on here.
At first this thread terirified me however i love how balanced it is here and theres no scare mongering we deal with real facts that really helps too i think

Not_another_flogger

All these influences pissing me off. Not one bloody person posted anything about it. Actually Kelly Stamps shared something, and she is all the way in the US. Everyone in the UK just going about their day, posting about food, ads, makeup, gifted etc. It feels wrong. My whole day felt so pointless and I couldn't even concentrate on one thing except obsessively reading the news and making sure my friends and family are okay. It infuriates me that they have a platform that can be used to speak up, but all of them are so self involved that they can't see anything but the top of their noses. They get paid outrageous amounts of money FOR WHAT? I'm sorry but I'm just so annoyed! Everyone is so superficial and I feel sick. If it doesn't directly affect their life e.g. Covid restrictions or jabs - they just don't want to know about it. I apologise if it's off topic I had to let this out.
Why do you want to see them posting about it? They are uneducated, money grabbing idiots! All of them! They will mention it when they think it'll bring an audience to their page. It boils my blood to see any of them mentioning stuff like this! Fake sadness, to draw in an audience! No thank you!! None of them are educated enough to share anything about it!

Shocking sad to see all this unfolding before our eyes. And so close to home! This is stuff we read about in history books, not witness! 😥

• Sad
  • Heart

Instahunzgo

Why aren’t we doing more? Why have EU countries blocked Russia from being removed from SWIFT? Why was the Pakistan leader there yesterday discussing energy contracts with Putin? U.K. should cut all foreign aid to Pakistan because of this. Russia have blown up a Turkish ship which is part of NATO yet NATO won’t respond. Biden has been in Ukraine PM’s ear for months about joining NATO, telling him the world will back them in Russia invade but no one is helping them. Normal people like you and I are being told to fight or flee. My heart hurts

• Sad

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Sorry if it's been posted already but did anyone catch the RTE interview with the Russian ambassador to Ireland? It was a genuinely solid piece, I don’t think anyone’s looking for Russia’s perspective but seeing the ambassador put his foot in it on national television is only going to increase our solidarity with Ukraine. The anchor's facial expressions make me want to pay my TV licence; bold questioning and excellent rebuttals of what is ridiculous propaganda. Fuck Putin and his shills.

Instahunzgo

So many countries have left themselves wide open in terms of their reliance on Russia, their oil, their gas, their crops etc hence why they’re tiptoeing around with swift and other sanctions. I’m ignorant to all the ins and outs but from that I’ve read sanctions on swift will affect Russia’s ability to fund their military and so it’s the one action that might actually hurt them but there’s so much hesitation and fear around gas and oil supplies that I don’t think it will happen and Putin knows it.
Britain only get c5% of fuel from Russia but most of our grain is imported from them. I’m happy to fuck bread off my diet….only makes me a fat bitch anyway

• Heart
  • Haha

Chum

It must be so worrying. It’s frightening how an action can ripple out and affect other people/countries.
Very much so. Putin's comment about Bolshevik's giving Russian land away and referencing the year 1917 is very pertinent to Finland. We gained independence from Russia in 1917 as a consequence of the Russian revolution.

Someone said earlier here, that the current cancel culture is a dangerous precedent as people will erase, rather than learn from, history and I couldn't agree more. I see this from many sides, as I live in the UK.

Reactions: 24

marjan

Chatty Member
Anonymous will cyber attack Russia again today with attacks that are more intense than the ones from yesterday

Reactions: 24