Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I still don’t understand how all these countries supplying ammunition isn’t pissing putin off. Surely we would be better remaining quiet. Yes we haven’t got boots on the ground but supplying millions of help publicly must be angering him
I have a suspicion that what is being released in the media is strategic and only a fraction of help that is being provided. I think (well, at least I hope) there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: 24

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Sorry if this is a stupid question
But if the nutter did press the button, would the powers that be here know about it in time to press our button?
If Putin even came to the decision to do such a thing, he’d be shot in the head. Also it’s pretty much in agreement if one countries uses a nuke everyone’s gonna nuke them. You can’t play games like that when everyone else also has nuclear weapons.

blondelolita

Chatty Member
He isn’t stupid, neither are people around him. If he dies Ukraine is gone. Everyone knows that’s what Russia wants. He isn’t scared to go down but also knows everyone is looking at him as Ukraine’s leader. The other thing is… he is the one who convinced other leaders to help Ukraine. Who would step in? He knows he can’t be killed. He posts about being around still because he knows he needs to be seen.
Agree.
It’s amazing to see a leader dare to voice his opinion. They’re doing well as a country to have even stood up to Russia for as long as they have, and bullshit the propaganda

Yel

Chatty Member
Re all this flight tracking things, I presume aircraft only show on there if they want to be seen? Fans were following Taylor swift's 2 private jets and she got them removed from it.

Notredamn

VIP Member
Why aren’t we doing more? Why have EU countries blocked Russia from being removed from SWIFT? Why was the Pakistan leader there yesterday discussing energy contracts with Putin? U.K. should cut all foreign aid to Pakistan because of this. Russia have blown up a Turkish ship which is part of NATO yet NATO won’t respond. Biden has been in Ukraine PM’s ear for months about joining NATO, telling him the world will back them in Russia invade but no one is helping them. Normal people like you and I are being told to fight or flee. My heart hurts
You do realise that as a small island, the UK could be entirely wiped out if nuked? That’s why.

CallieLallie

I know people have kids and wee heartbroken for them but I'm not a mum. I have pets, a dog and a cat. I live by myself and they are my bestfriends. Seeing people fleeing with their pets is what sets me off.
Yeah this is me. My 2 dogs would be with me to the end could never leave them. Seen someone take a cat carrier on the train and was happy haha

• Heart

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
He loves the attention of it. He loves that he has all these equally weird people who put him on some pedestal, it makes me feel sick. I just couldn’t believe when I read he was going back to Ukraine after just leaving (but I also could believe it since it’s him🙄). He’s an absolute cretin.
Unlike the Ukrainian people he has the luxury of going to a safe place but chooses not to for attention and notoriety. He’s a plank.

dolce&dolma

Chatty Member
But Germany are the most vocal with not allowing Russia to be blocked from SWIFT. I’m not having a pop at Germany BTW, very fine country but I mean collectively the world has been standing by watching and hoping he wouldn’t take it this far.

All I can think of is all the petrified parents and children currently in Ukraine and I feel utterly useless 😞😞
I hate to be that person, but I am that person…. Now you can get an ounce of the reality children and women of Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan face🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Trump didn't say invading Ukraine was genius and savvy.

He was talking about the strategy to declare the separatist regions of the Ukraine independent, this was before the full scale invasion.

That "fact check" anti tory Instagram account a few pages ago is the pits. It's repeating half-truths or things out of context that suits their agenda all while masquerading as facts and the truth :sick: . This doesn't help anyone. It's just someone in their bedroom looking for cash donations.

• Heart

Smileygirl

Zel just tweeted

I am grateful to all members of the UN Security Council - 🇦🇱 🇧🇷 🇫🇷 🇬🇦 🇬🇭 🇮🇪 🇰🇪 🇲🇽 🇳🇴 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 , who voted to stop the treacherous attack 🇷🇺 on 🇺🇦 and the Statute 🇺🇳 . The veto of the Russian Federation is a bloodstain on its plate in the Security Council, the map of Europe and 🌎 . The anti-war coalition must act immediately!

Rainbow1

VIP Member
All these influences pissing me off. Not one bloody person posted anything about it. Actually Kelly Stamps shared something, and she is all the way in the US. Everyone in the UK just going about their day, posting about food, ads, makeup, gifted etc. It feels wrong. My whole day felt so pointless and I couldn't even concentrate on one thing except obsessively reading the news and making sure my friends and family are okay. It infuriates me that they have a platform that can be used to speak up, but all of them are so self involved that they can't see anything but the top of their noses. They get paid outrageous amounts of money FOR WHAT? I'm sorry but I'm just so annoyed! Everyone is so superficial and I feel sick. If it doesn't directly affect their life e.g. Covid restrictions or jabs - they just don't want to know about it. I apologise if it's off topic I had to let this out.
Some times I feel it’s best for them to say nothing for example I seen one (ex Love Island) post a video saying how heartbreaking it was etc then next post was a bikini picture of her ! 🤨

would of definitely been better just to say nothing

veevee04

VIP Member
I might be being totally naive here but what would putin gain from nuking us? The moment anyone decided to escalate to that they would also face consequences and the world and their lives would be massively affected too.
We have Mutually Assured Destruction and second strike ability . if they struck us with a nuke we can send a load of missiles in seconds back which would wipe out Russia . I bet trident and USA have all their missiles within range of Russia right now. It's in no one's interests to have a nuclear war apart from a complete nutter.

I worry about Putin's mental instability something's changed there I'm believing the terminal illness thing. I'm also starting to believe COVID might have been deliberately released . He's played a blinder though while we were all at home baking banana bread and panicking over COVID he has been plotting this and probably China was in on it.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
I wonder how many of the people in Russia that have no recollection of the Soviet Union (so 40 or under) actually see Ukraine as their own territory? I imagine there's been a lot of people educated with propaganda. At the same time with the internet it's more difficult to get the propaganda to stick.
I’m afraid a lot of Russians are beyond help. They have grown up with a steady diet of state led propaganda and probably believe the Ukraine is a gangster state and that the Russian liberators are a force for good.

God I know the UK isn’t perfect, but I will be for ever grateful that we have the Mail on one hand, the Guardian and many publications and outlets that lie inbetween, who can publish without fear of censorship or arrest.

I may not like what some people say. I may disagree with every fibre of my being. But my god I defend their right to say it. Censorship and deplatforming is the first sign of cowardice.

• Heart

glasgow27

VIP Member
Glad people mentioned that Miles Routledge guy with his dark tourism shite - I think it's an utter disgrace that he keeps doing this sort of thing - not only putting himself in danger but no doubt wanting help when it suits him and risking others in the process. At some point, he should be left to his own devices.

Reactions: 23

Autisteuse

VIP Member
They are right about Trump though. As much as he acted like an orange idiot he kept Putin in his place. Biden is useless
He was Putin's greatest achievement. Kept him in his place? Vlad put him in place!
I do agree about Biden, though. Such a disappointment.

Putin looks bloated, flushed and unwell. I hope he dies a painful death.
A morning glass of novichok helps the tyrant go down...

Mark81

VIP Member
Can they arrest him?
Minsk is Belarus and Russian allie. Once he is on their soil they can do what they want.

He knows he is target number 1. Putin invading a country, he will definitely murder its sitting president. Putin doesn't care for normal rules of warfare

• Wow

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Honestly I wish the EU would shut up about these “sanctions”. It smacks of scolding a bold child and threatening to take away his PlayStation unless he eats his dinner. Putin is probably laughing his ass off. He doesn’t give two fucks about sanctions, he is a power hungry lunatic with one thing on his mind. All it does is expose a very weak willed west. I know our hands are tied at present and we don’t want to poke the bear but my god, he is a lunatic he doesn’t care about sanctions

• Heart