Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lot of US AirForce activity over Poland right now if you check the Flightradar24 app.
There’s been USAF high altitude reconnaissance flights and a Stratotanker around the Black Sea for days with transponders on. There’s been RAF planes in the area too. It’s not unsurprising.

Some of the military planes US/UK around Poland are transporters. I presume they’re carrying supplies/weapons/aid equipment to shift across the border.

Reactions: 11
Just found the Turkish airforce buzzing around near the Poland/ Ukraine border

Reactions: 11
How are the DM allowed to use the quoted headline 'I'll drop father of all bombs', when in the article, it's clear that he hasn't actually uttered those words? The situation is bad but we don't need despicable clickbait like this.
What exactly are you expecting from the DM? Lol they would do anything for clicks and they don’t spend money on actual reporters and going to the source.

Reactions: 10
If you are anxious , please do not use the DM as your news source. It will do your health no good.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Sorry for bringing the DM up everyone. I feel immense guilt for causing anyone more anxiety or worry.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve got to drop this in here that Part Time Working Mummy shared because it’s so bleeping idiotic I’m stunned 🤯 Imagine coming up with ordering on Etsy from people who are running for their lives. duck me!
WTAF?! As if they’re even going to be able to access funds to get it! All the ATM’s have run out of cash!

Reactions: 21
If people don’t read everything written by the daily Mail with a large pinch of salt, then there really is no hope for anyone 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just found the Turkish airforce buzzing around near the Poland/ Ukraine border
It’s an Airbus A400M - A military transporter. Likely carrying aid/equipment.

There has been a RAF KC2 Voyager out of Akritiri up for large parts of today. For non plane geeks, this is much like the US Stratotanker in that it’s used for in air refuelling. These are just the ones who have transponders on. There’ll be a lot more NATO planes in the region with transponders off. This is nothing unusual in the circumstances.

Attachments

Reactions: 12

There has been a RAF KC2 Voyager out of Akritiri up for large parts of today. For non plane geeks, this is much like the US Stratotanker in that it’s used for in air refuelling. These are just the ones who have transponders on. There’ll be a lot more NATO planes in the region with transponders off. This is nothing unusual in the circumstances.
Akrotiri in Cyprus?

Reactions: 4

It’s been interesting watching them. Lots of black hawks earlier as well

Reactions: 7
Along with people speaking out in Russia hopefully this anger will start something, maybe a change for some of those close to Putin. Who knows, but they are showing their voice.
This is Putin’s war, not ordinary Russians.
E1762D01-6DC4-4F4F-BA1A-01ED86F2AE19.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Love Tbilisi !!! VERY surprised as well as they’re usually pro Russian. They did not buy into the westernisation of the noughties. Nice to see them supporting (they too are at risk being a border, ex soviet and Stalin’s homeland)

Reactions: 18
Re all this flight tracking things, I presume aircraft only show on there if they want to be seen? Fans were following Taylor swift's 2 private jets and she got them removed from it.

Reactions: 24
I saw they're closing in around the power stations definitely well orchestrated do the most damage in as short of time possible.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Re all this flight tracking things, I presume aircraft only show on there if they want to be seen? Fans were following Taylor swift's 2 private jets and she got them removed from it.
I've seen a few which say no info or words to that effect

Reactions: 8
Akrotiri in Cyprus?
Yup, that’s the one. It’s a well placed permanent base and quite a lot of the UK military flights on FR24 during the evacuation of Afghanistan also came from there, dropping off in AE areas before returning to Akrotiri.

Edit: just noticed my misspelling in my original text. Middle aged and no reading specs to hand!

Reactions: 8
Yeah they can be not tracked if that makes sense

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.