Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The uk government seem to be saying and preparing for this to last a long time. Even if the battles are over quickly the fallout will go on and on

And if Putin succeeds and goes after a nato country all hell will break loose. It feels like Putin has just gone mad and doesn't care anymore
Yep.. putin has already said a number of times he's prepared for this and of course he is he's been planning it for so many years. Wouldn't surprise me it's if they do talk it's all part of his plan

Reactions: 12
Sky News reporting it looks like China’s support could be pulled away from Russia hopefully 🤞🏼
Sorry to quote myself! But just to elaborate - there is a UN resolution condemning Russia’s invasion being held tonight (I think?). The US are trying to get as many countries as poss to side with them but the resolution still looks likely to fail. It was originally expected that China would side with Russia, as they will never side with the west. However the US are now hopeful that China will abstain from the vote, and pull away from Russia. It wasn’t a definite though.

Reactions: 13
I think there is a lot more to come in the up coming days. Not sure about anyone else but my heart literally hurts for these people 💔 not stopped watching the news or thinking about them the last 2 days. But I honstley don't think there is any stopping putin, he's been planning this for to long to just stop after 2 days unfortunately.
I agree 100% unfortunately he's gone into this ready to fight. This isn't going to end in a matter of days 😢😢

Reactions: 14
Putin really needs to be overthrown by his own people and Parliament. The best we can hope for now is he has over played his hand and this will be the end of him

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Putin really needs to be overthrown by his own people and Parliament. The best we can hope for now is he has over played his hand and this will be the end of him
This! The people in Russia have to remove him for others around him to get the message. Much like the French Revolution or how the tzars were overthrown.

Reactions: 26
Yep. Isolate Russia and keep the pressure on until he goes the same way as Ceausescu.

Reactions: 20
It’s now too dangerous for the BBC to broadcast live from Kyiv.

I know this sounds ridiculous but the way Putin is behaving is a bit like Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones when she burns Kings Landing to the ground. He’s lost the bleeping plot.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Yep.. putin has already said a number of times he's prepared for this and of course he is he's been planning it for so many years. Wouldn't surprise me it's if they do talk it's all part of his plan
Yeah I also don't think he ever had any intention of not invading. He just loved all the worlds leaders dancing to his tune and paying him attention

It’s now too dangerous for the BBC to broadcast live from Kyiv.

I know this sounds ridiculous but the way Putin is behaving is a bit like Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones when she burns Kings Landing to the ground. He’s lost the bleeping plot.
That's exactly what's happening.

Reactions: 14
Yep. Isolate Russia and keep the pressure on until he goes the same way as Ceausescu.
That was the people of Romania, unfortunately. So that’s why I’m saying it has to come from Russians. But they also need to learn how it went down in Romania. Because overthrowing Putin is one thing but they also need to get rid of everyone who shares his views.
Like in Portugal when Salazar was replaced but it was still someone who shared all his views and it took a revolution to overthrow the regime.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wonder what will happen through the night, they like to hit through the night don't they maybe by agreeing to this talk he might think most people will have their guard down? Honstley I'm done thinking about how he works he's such a horrible horrible man and unless he's gone Ukraine or us will never have peace and eventually WW3 will happen

Reactions: 18
Wow I’m really clueless when it comes to nuclear stuff. Genuinely thought we had actual defences. It’s so sad to think we live in a world where we need nuclear weapons. I know Corbyn wanted to end our nuclear weapons programme and I can’t decide whether or not it was a good idea but I guess we would seem as less as a threat? Or more of a target….

• Heart
Reactions: 9
China have their own version of swift, that's partly why some don't think Russia should be banned from it as it will drive them closer to China by using their systems.
But when they deal with markets and countries that use the swift system they still rely on it. China also went on a trade war with the US not long ago. Multiple big US companies keep working towards moving away from production in China. China supporting Russia could speed this up. China relies on us just as much as we rely on China. They need the money from the west. We can easily switch from production there. More and more brands move form China to begin with. Fast fashion manufacturers could very easily ditch china.

Reactions: 11
Wow I’m really clueless when it comes to nuclear stuff. Genuinely thought we had actual defences. It’s so sad to think we live in a world where we need nuclear weapons. I know Corbyn wanted to end our nuclear weapons programme and I can’t decide whether or not it was a good idea but I guess we would seem as less as a threat? Or more of a target….
I don’t really agree with the cost of our nuclear weapon programme, and in an ideal world it would fund much better causes. Unfortunately though we don’t live in an ideal world and I understand why we need to have them

Reactions: 10
Sorry for the twitter spam, but I've just seen this

I can't in my worst nightmares imagine what is going through his mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Thank god we didn't.

It's a nice idealistic view point, but in reality we could easily be the next Ukraine. How often do we see russian planes and ships near us. Not investing in military for many years has left us vulnerable, like many countries. It only takes one crackpot leader to threaten peace, as we are now seeing.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.