Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it will be over that easily. It's either a trap of some sort by Putin, or his demands will be basically surrender. I can't see why Putin would agree to ceasefire already when he has come this far so quickly.

Ukraines president has really impressed me tbh. Puts a lot of current leaders to shame

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I think Putin's idea of peace is Russia controlling Ukraine so they're not fighting back anymore.

Reactions: 29
I don't think it will be over that easily. It's either a trap of some sort by Putin, or his demands will be basically surrender. I can't see why Putin would agree to ceasefire already when he has come this far so quickly.
Because it’s been two days and he achieved duck all. And he is realising Russians don’t want this either. Resistance to shut russia out of the swift system is dwindling so soon they’d be cut off financially completely. China started to condemn the whole thing too. So they are more and more isolated and things are heating up in Russia too with protests etc. the west stood behind ukraine and nato announced they will keep arming ukraine.

Reactions: 22

Ukraines president has really impressed me tbh. Puts a lot of current leaders to shame
I totally agree. I don't think he would stop so easily he's got to much pride in him for that and he's not achieved anything he wants. A bit wary about this.

Reactions: 14
Because it’s been two days and he achieved duck all. And he is realising Russians don’t want this either. Resistance to shut russia out of the swift system is dwindling so soon they’d be cut off financially completely. China started to condemn the whole thing too. So they are more and more isolated and things are heating up in Russia too with protests etc. the west stood behind ukraine and nato announced they will keep arming ukraine.
His troops are almost in the capital, it may not have gone as well as he maybe thought but its hardly all over.

When did China condemn him? Last I saw they agreed to buy Russian wheat to make up for western sanctions.

Reactions: 9
the talks were proposed in Minsk by Russia, but Ukraine said no and would be ok with talks in Poland, I can't see Putin agreeing to this.

Reactions: 12
It seems people have a lot of respect for him.

I do and I didn't know who he was til a few days ago .

Reactions: 22
the talks were proposed in Minsk by Russia, but Ukraine said no and would be ok with talks in Poland, I can't see Putin agreeing to this.
I don't blame Ukraine saying no. That's blatantly a trap to arrest him

Reactions: 23
China will be worried about finances and SWIFT- it would topple all economies and cause a massive crash

Can they arrest him?
They’ll do what they want. Remember Kashoggi the Saudi in Turkey. I know different countries , but a prime example of how you are not safe.

Reactions: 17
Can they arrest him?
Minsk is Belarus and Russian allie. Once he is on their soil they can do what they want.

He knows he is target number 1. Putin invading a country, he will definitely murder its sitting president. Putin doesn't care for normal rules of warfare

• Wow
I think there is a lot more to come in the up coming days. Not sure about anyone else but my heart literally hurts for these people 💔 not stopped watching the news or thinking about them the last 2 days. But I honstley don't think there is any stopping putin, he's been planning this for to long to just stop after 2 days unfortunately.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
His troops are almost in the capital, it may not have gone as well as he maybe thought but its hardly all over.

When did China condemn him? Last I saw they agreed to buy Russian wheat to make up for western sanctions.
Almost is the key word. Also Ukrainians are preparing to defend the city and if you read any analysis at all they all said that Russia will struggle with all out war in cities. Also there are reports about Russian soldiers literally abandoning their vehicles and stuff. There were reports about them not even knowing they are going to war.
China is rapidly moving away from supporting Russia. This is a dew hours ago. I saw something far more harsh more recently but can’t find it.

Reactions: 11
The uk government seem to be saying and preparing for this to last a long time. Even if the battles are over quickly the fallout will go on and on

And if Putin succeeds and goes after a nato country all hell will break loose. It feels like Putin has just gone mad and doesn't care anymore. He is extremely paranoid and arrogant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.