Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this is a stupid question
But if the nutter did press the button, would the powers that be here know about it in time to press our button?
Britains cyber defences are the best in the World thanks to gchq - yes, we would know.

Reactions: 27
But if the nutter did press the button, would the powers that be here know about it in time to press our button?
I think it depends on which missiles and where they are located , some may make it in 7 minute say, but they may have some that make it in 5 minutes. I would say there is shared knowledge as to where missiles are and they are being constantly tracked by all parties.

Reactions: 16
Just wondered how countries detect threats when they're nearing their airspace is it radar only ?
Dont know if Iv made this up but I think planes can detect objects in the sky without the other ones radar being on. Like when ships know there's something in the water? Cant they like detect shapes? I might be talking shite

Reactions: 11
If Putin even came to the decision to do such a thing, he’d be shot in the head. Also it’s pretty much in agreement if one countries uses a nuke everyone’s gonna nuke them. You can’t play games like that when everyone else also has nuclear weapons.

Reactions: 24
The Ukrainian vintage fashion blogger someone posted early in this thread I followed her she's went private now and she said people can share her stories. So trigger warning she's shared what's going on it Kyiv right now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Don’t we have nuclear defences strategically placed all over to protect us from Iran, China, Russia and NK?

Reactions: 11
Dont know if Iv made this up but I think planes can detect objects in the sky without the one ones radar being on. Like when ships know there's something in the water? Cant they like detect shapes? I might be talking shite
Yeah they can detect them through radar that's like radio waves ( I think) I'm wondering if the power were to shut down have they got other ways of monitoring these things ?

Reactions: 7
I loved Tbilisi when I was there years ago. It's a crazy place, but passionate people.
It’s a wonderful place. Georgians are some of the most welcoming, hospitable people I’ve ever come across. Their food is pretty incredible too!🇬🇪

• Heart
Reactions: 9
At first this thread terirified me however i love how balanced it is here and theres no scare mongering we deal with real facts that really helps too i think
Agreed. This thread has actually been really helpful and a lot less overwhelming than news feeds which can just throw information at you.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Don’t we have nuclear defences strategically placed all over to protect us from Iran, China, Russia and NK?
Do you mean nuclear deterrent - as in other nuclear weapons? The greatest defence against nuclear weapons is your own nuclear stockpile. The U.K. nuclear deterrent is Trident.

You can have missile defence systems against ICBMs or other ballistic missiles. But missile defence systems are supposed to mitigate smaller threats - and to shoot down a ballistic missile is not easy. There is no defence against multiple missiles, which is what a nuclear attack would likely be from larger states like Russia or China.

If a nuclear state launches a nuclear strike, there would likely be a response in kind aka MAD (mutually assured destruction.)

Reactions: 15
BoJo looks worse than me , 5 month preggo , after doing an full half term agenda with a 3.5 year old.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.