Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
an interesting and heartbreaking perspective from a russian girl in the video below. so sad for both the ukrainian and the russian people 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That was the people of Romania, unfortunately. So that’s why I’m saying it has to come from Russians. But they also need to learn how it went down in Romania. Because overthrowing Putin is one thing but they also need to get rid of everyone who shares his views.
Like in Portugal when Salazar was replaced but it was still someone who shared all his views and it took a revolution to overthrow the regime.
Yes, I know it was the Romanian people who overthrew the Romanian dictator Ceausescu. I remember it well. I’m saying that the Russian people need to do the same to Putin.

Reactions: 9
He isn’t stupid, neither are people around him. If he dies Ukraine is gone. Everyone knows that’s what Russia wants. He isn’t scared to go down but also knows everyone is looking at him as Ukraine’s leader. The other thing is… he is the one who convinced other leaders to help Ukraine. Who would step in? He knows he can’t be killed. He posts about being around still because he knows he needs to be seen.

I hope they all sit down without Russia and find a way to remove Russia from the security council. It’s bleeping wild they are still permanent members.
I can't believe I'm sitting watching the UN. I thought I'd watch Death in Paradise earlier for a nice bit of respite, and what was it about? bleeping Russian spies. Talk about timing.

Whenever I complain about the UNSC, my friend points out that only one country has invaded or gone to war with every other member. She calls Britain the original red flag, because the Union flag has lots of red, and if you found it on your beach one morning, you knew you were about to have big problems. I usually go and hide then.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What has the world come too 💔 so terrified. sendnatotoukraine is trending on Twitter. I can’t help but check the news every 5 minutes 😭 i can’t even sleep without worrying what we’ll wake upto, can’t begin to think how the Ukrainians feel. Make it stop.

Reactions: 16
I've heard this so much. What the hell, is it real? Are Russian soldiers starving and running away or propaganda to improve morale?
I can't remember if it was posted here or if it was something I saw on Twitter itself, but there is video footage of people coming across completely abandoned military vehicles, still in working condition, along with piles of Russian soldier's clothing left abandoned in the snow. So it may not be widespread, but it does appear that some are not wanting any part of killing Ukrainians.

Reactions: 11
it means while they're not condemning them, they're not backing Russia, which is what Putin expects

Reactions: 27
Am watching al jazz news, live vote from security council on chapter 7.
It’s been rejected
1 against - Russia
3 absenting china India abs uae

can someone explain this to me ?

Reactions: 5
Could you explain sorry I've never really been in to politics much and over the last few days been trying to educate myself much as possible. What does this mean for Russia
They declined to vote. So although they haven't condemned Russia, they haven't supported them either. Its small in a ways, but does send a clear message

Reactions: 22
I can't remember if it was posted here or if it was something I saw on Twitter itself, but there is video footage of people coming across completely abandoned military vehicles, still in working condition, along with piles of Russian soldier's clothing left abandoned in the snow. So it may not be widespread, but it does appear that some are not wanting any part of killing Ukrainians.
I saw this on reddit too! Hasn’t been verified as far as I know but with news about the conditions and the mood when they were stationed on the border… wouldn’t be surprising

Reactions: 11
The world would be a much better place if we just left each other alone and in peace. Accepted our differences and realised how short our lives are as it is. I know that will never happen but I have hope the desire to feel at peace will persevere through the dark days ahead. I still hold hope this can be defused…somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
They declined to vote. So although they haven't condemned Russia, they haven't supported them either. Its small in a ways, but does send a clear message
Ah okay thank you, this is much better than the voting so will take that.

Am watching al jazz news, live vote from security council on chapter 7.
It’s been rejected
1 against - Russia
3 absenting china India abs uae

can someone explain this to me ?
I have this on just now also

Reactions: 6
So why has it been rejected when 11 voted in favour ?
now saying Russia veto doesn’t apply

Reactions: 4
Ah okay thank you, this is much better than the voting so will take that.
It's about as good as you could hope for from China

At same time though I'm not sure putin is going to care. Not sure his ego will let him stop now

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.