Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhiteFlorals

UN asking nicely if people would just step back a bit from the site that's best not blown up please if you wouldn't mind...

Tentative agreement for an inspection by the IAEA though Russia still doesn't want it. Talk of Rosatom staff (provided by occupying forces) being given an unexpected day off not fully confirmed(?) variously suggested as prior to 'an event' but one hopes is actually just part of pretending everything is fine and dandy when the inspector calls.
I am glad I don't live in the vicinity. It's not looking good.

It all depends again on prevailing wind.

I recall the weather forecast as a child and felt bad for Wales the last time.

Reactions: 1

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
I was wondering when Ukrainians have to go to the polls. What will happen when Velensky is not in power. Are there still Russian sympathetic politicians in opposition.

Will Zelensky stay in politics or reform the troupe or will he and his family have to flee.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Thoughts on todays statement?
More of the 'we are not bluffing' bluffing...?

That second last paragraph, looks like it's yet another (how many is it now?) restatement of their official nuclear policy, the second last paragraph presumably broad enough to include dirty bombs that apparently look a lot like old Slovenian smoke detectors.

Moscow has accused Ukraine of preparing a "dirty bomb",
[...] However, When Russia's defence ministry produced photos to illustrate its findings, the government of Slovenia quickly pointed out that the images had been borrowed from its Radioactive Waste Management Agency and showed smoke detectors dating back to 2010.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
UN says "Oi" (again).

I'm fairly sure this doesn't specifically do anything on its own but can be used to get various mechanisms or processes under way? Stuff that will happen now that it has an 'in accordance with' to allow it , unless that's my optimism getting the better of me.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Just me, or does this seem remarkably fast and efficient, given it seems to have been months long and going through several countries?

Potentially adding 'allowed to happen' into the mix of false flag, actual attack, accident etc.

Plus twelve accomplices and a fake firm in crimea
The fake firm having been set up to receive the explosives, if I am reading this right it sounds like they are saying it was a declared known shipment of explosives and therefore did not somehow sneak through the detectors?

Laughingforlife

VIP Member
Their new years concert includes military personnel in the audience this year too

it’s normally very reflective of politics, last year it included references to Olympics and songs with Chinese choir, so it’s not that surprising but certainly interesting
Where are you seeing this?

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
They say that the trunk involved in the explosion was coming from Russia. It opens the window for a lot of speculation. Has the Ukrainian government a so strong network based in Russia to organise something like this? Or could we think of a Russian resistance movement to Putin's regime? Or the Kremlin - to justify more violent attacks on Ukraine? An other actor?

Like the nordstream pipelines destruction or the explosions in Russia it looks very nebulous and unclear.
Obsessively re-watching Looking closer at the clip of the actual explosion, it looks to me more like it's a truck on the 'direction Russia' (i.e. from Crimea) side coming towards the camera that's gone boom, even though its the other side of the road that gave way.
My probably highly dubious thinkng the bed of the truck gave some partial protection to the roadway immediately below so it didn't collapse even though the other one did.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
This one might amuse, though be warned, our truth speakers at RT would say this is a bot pushing a narrative :eek: because there's millions of those (RT has an interesting take on a study that doesn't quite give the story they've used it for but hey) and presumably I'm a bot too but anyway a picture speaks a thousand words :)

• Haha

VC10

VIP Member
View attachment 1734305
Allegedly the man was in prison on drug offences, some reports say he had a vape pen but it could be bad google translate. Either way imagine going to prison in a foreign country and then being forced to fight in a war which has nothing to do with you!
Probably been offered his freedom if he went.
Russia will be offering lots of violent prisoners similar , to attack ukranians. Some will love it.

WhiteFlorals

The Mail had a headline earlier that said something along the lines of Putin having two choices, one was to use the Nukes. I carry on as I am living life.

I think it is important to remember that Ukraine was already one of the poorest and most corrupt country in Europe before the war. Having family coming from an ex communist european country I see exactly what kind of issues Ukraine is facing as they are quite similar. Populations from the ex communist countries are also generally carrying a lot of long term trauma. It comes from the communist era but also from the 90s - this period was truly terrible and scars are still present today. Financial resources to take care of the most vulnerable in the society are still very scarce today. Many retired people still have to choose between eating or heating, trafficking of children and women is still important and facilities for mental health/disabilities are at best very poor if not non-existent.

All of these things have to be taken into consideration in our dealing with Ukraine and Ukrainian refugees. It's not because they are blonde with blue eyes that they are not carrying the same kind of traumas and associated issues that are stemming of a corrupt/failed state as refugees from the middle east and the African continent.
I think we will be in a milder yet similar situation. Though we have a Tory government our public services are run by the woke cult of Gnostics with a while heap of strange ideological beliefs - they danced during the pandemic on tick tock and cops are jumping around like clowns in the streets of Leicester today, they will both come for you as true Stalinist cult members with no internal moral compass - if you tell the truth about biology, we have been living under mass corruption for years, hence the Empires collapsing around us.

Last edited:

Hallowmaiden

So you think our government would be any good at any kind of further escalation with Russia given half the Tory party want rid of the Prime minister that’s been in the job less than a month and can’t seem to agree on anything much less actually run the U.K. properly? At least the weather in nicer where we’d be going in SA and everyone knows the government is a bunch of shit monkeys and doesn’t pretend otherwise.
I'm not in the UK so I don't give a rats ass about your government. My comment was in reference to your so called insight on what Putin will do next.

monga

VIP Member
I think it’s a mixture of reason but with the main issue being the optics of it all 😕 also, whilst I think leopard 2’s, along with the challengers, will be extremely effective for Ukraine in terms of figuring Russia. They’re going to have major issues with maintenance along with training delays for the equipment. Best thing for Ukraine would be Soviet style equipment which they’re used to and can maintain in Ukraine
What will change if Ukraine defeat Russia?

emm

VIP Member
What does everyone think will happen with the crimea? will they/ukraine also try and turn on russia and get independnence back?