Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GenX

It‘s been often stated that the first casualty of war is truth. I can guarantee that the second one is basic humanity.

Russia has been an autocratic country almost since it’s inception. They have never known any different. The origins of the country lies in the House of Rurik, who were basically violent Viking raiders who were able to intimidate the largely peaceful indigenous farming communities by navigating rivers and slaughtering everyone. They developed into the first Tsars and continued to forcibly annexe land.

The 1917 revolution was supposed to fix that but made matters worse. If you have a strong stomach I would advise you to read up on Beria and his ….. extracurricular…. activities. And he was the head of state security😲.

I guess what we have learned from Russia is be it the Tsars, Lenin, Stalin, or now Putin. When you spend all your life plotting to obtain power you sure as hell don’t just surrender it. It’s the way of dictators everywhere.
Indeed.

I first heard of him when I watched The Death of Stalin. Then I decided to google him. Absolute monster of a man.
That's a good film as is Dr Zhivago. I didn't read or watch war and peace.

Reactions: 1

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
The Mail had a headline earlier that said something along the lines of Putin having two choices, one was to use the Nukes.
I didn't see that one - was that actual nukes or 'nuclear option' as in polonium?

Edit: ah misunderstood as the linked article was about the car bomb, now found the article about the nukes and see you meant the war in general rather than Putin's methods of removing inconvenient people.

Last edited:

WhiteFlorals

Anyone know what this might be?
From the BBC security correspondent:
We will know in three hours. Thank you for the heads up I will pay attention to the news at lunchtime.

Ok so skimming the news we have the ships of food that have been allowed to travel past and prevent famine. We have this morning - the middle East starting up again and new submarines wargames outside Taiwan. I thought it fishy when France was sidelined and that big Australian, USA, UK submarine deal a while back. I await the Chernobyl type event and Iran going for it. I am not even like a headless chicken I am calmly resigned to within a year or so being under a communist dictatorship for a while, and civil war which we will win.

Widespread corruption has always happens at the end of Empires, the lies people will get involved with now a day's days it all total biology denial and anger at material reality truth. I knew this was coming thanks to Claire Fox and Camille Paglia years ago, they were discussing signs it would happen and I looked into the fall of democracy cycle myself. The men getting elected in South America are not good news either.

Last edited:

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I thought I watched the news a couple of weeks ago and it said Iran was supplying Russia with more drones and some training.

It was a member of the US Department of Defence talking.
There were accusations and reports and footage and showings of drone pieces as evidence that was all pretty conclusive, but until now, they all got responses of flat denial - the significance being that they changed their minds about it and admitted it now rather than just shift from deny to ignore as they could have done.

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
If someone broke into your house, seized two rooms, armed themselves with an AK47 and refused to leave on which particular basis would you open negotiations. Particularly if they had already eight years earlier seized a portion of your garden built a fence and declared it theirs?

And the bottom line is that missile would not have been in the air at all if Russia hadn’t been bombarding Ukraine with 100 missiles.

Incidently which part of the Minsk agreement which Putin “wants upheld” includes a clause which allows Russia to seize through violent recourse to arms 15% of Ukrainian territory? And didn’t Putin himself state it “no longer existed”. Indeed didn’t he himself effectively declare it null and void by recognising the independence of Luhansk and Donetsk. An action specifically prohibited by both agreements.

I don't think Pootan took the Minsk agreement seriously. When they sat down in Minsk and Zelensky was there to try and stop the war games between Russia and Belarus didn't Pootan call Zelensky "My beauty".
Zelensky said Ukraine was the beauty, or something to that effect.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Latest maps etc, noting the Russian 'revenge' strike confirmed as being on an empty school, with no change from the zero casualties reported.

Linked report has remarks about the profiteering Wagner group boss wanting the salt and gypsum mines around Bakhmut because he says (pretending its not financially motivated) it's big underground housing and storage, and making suggestions of old 1st World War gear in there (though these have been refuted and surely even if there stuff in there it would surely be nuts to try and use it for anything other than scrap value).

Definitely. No one good and proper would get into the Kremlin, that's for sure. So nothing will really get better in Russia, relations with Russia etc.
Sorry what I meant in saying that is that the war would be put on the back burner, the priority is going to be getting to be head of the Kremlin

• Heart
tbh I don't really believe the reports that it's Ukrainian defences that cause the blast. I think everybody, and I don't blame them, is just desperate to avoid a full scale war.
However at some point people/countries are going to have to take a stand if he keeps encroaching

emm

VIP Member
It‘s been often stated that the first casualty of war is truth. I can guarantee that the second one is basic humanity.

Russia has been an autocratic country almost since it’s inception. They have never known any different. The origins of the country lies in the House of Rurik, who were basically violent Viking raiders who were able to intimidate the largely peaceful indigenous farming communities by navigating rivers and slaughtering everyone. They developed into the first Tsars and continued to forcibly annexe land.

The 1917 revolution was supposed to fix that but made matters worse. If you have a strong stomach I would advise you to read up on Beria and his ….. extracurricular…. activities. And he was the head of state security😲.

I guess what we have learned from Russia is be it the Tsars, Lenin, Stalin, or now Putin. When you spend all your life plotting to obtain power you sure as hell don’t just surrender it. It’s the way of dictators everywhere.
I had never heard of Beria, any good articles or anything to read about him?

BigMavis

VIP Member
Think Russia could definitely turn off the tap when the weather gets colder. Who are they supplying?
I don't think its hot air about nukes, I just don't think they're stupid enough to launch strikes on the West.
But it could definitely get stupid. Think about it, Putin can't lose