Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
If there's a nuclear war between Russia and Nato then that's the world fucked you'd rather have a quick death than months of misery/starvation and radiation sickness in South Africa

Reactions: 8

Dollenganger

VIP Member
On bbc news that Biden saying highest risk of nuclear war since Cuban missile crisis. It’s got me all panicked again. I just don’t see what way it’s going to end as putin is backed into a corner. Anyone with more idea of this whole thing have ideas?
I may be completely wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Biden said this (partly) to increase chances of his administration being re-elected. In times of crisis, people are more likely to stick than twist. And we have reached a point where we’re heading towards the campaigning period for the next US election.

We all know how catastrophic it would be if any country started firing nuclear weapons in any scenario. This isn’t new information. The problem of how the west would respond has always been there and will continue to be for as long as nuclear weapons and rogue nations exist.

It horrifies me how long this war has been going on and the unspeakable things the Russian army are doing to innocent people. It’s depressing.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
With Ukraine not being a part of nato, I'm not sure what he wants other countries to do.
The way he's acting you would think this was the only war to ever happen.
Think of all the poor innocent people in Syria that were killed not only by their own leader but with Russian weapons too. No one helped them.
So are you saying that we should not learn from the mistakes of Syria and therefore shouldn’t help Ukraine? Or are you saying that you favoured Western military intervention in Syria? Which was of course a different situation being a civil war whereas Ukraine was forcibly invaded by a much bigger neighbour.

Or are you, as I suspect, trying to shoehorn some sort of back door observation on racism into the thread? Because if NATO had intervened in Syria the anti racist left would be the first marching in the streets screaming Stop the War and Imperialism.

Here’s a handy definition of the word.

As I understand it the desire of government of the Ukraine was to seek voluntary closer ties to the West.

Yel

Chatty Member
I 100% agree with you, any time the "world's fpcus" is elsewhere i do worry
Exactly, it was the biggest collection of world leaders ever - double that at Nelson Mandela's funeral which was the last comparable collection.

No surprise Kremlin stooges say this, thankfully all over now.
Screenshot_20220920_144746.jpg

• Wow

Hallowmaiden

Yes Russia is playing it down to their best ability. Doesn't want to lose face. So throwing a fit by sending nukes seems a bit unlikely and completely illogical at this point.

VC10

VIP Member
A few thousand conscripted soldiers will make naff-all difference, stupid old bastard. Hurry up & die, do everyone a favour you bloodthirsty old deranged tyrant.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
If people keep using the term “Conspiracy Theories” every time a different opinion is put forward its going to lose it shock value and meaning. Arguing is for the foolish, immature and bored.
The same people lapping up this called war are probably mask wearing pro vaxxers that can’t think for themselves.
The west want this war not Russia. It’s all part of the distraction that has been playing out for some time. Writing cheques for billions for a war that no only has nothing to do with the UK is illegal. Supplying military aid to a combatant whilst people can’t afford to eat or heat there homes is unforgivable.
Do your really think Russia blew up their own pipeline ?
Would any sovereign nation accept military / bio labs on their borders?
If the Republicans get in office this war is over As all aid will cease.
As of yet I’ve not read any unbiased reporting on this conflict.

Before you start clamouring for my attention and quick reply, I work full time with a family so none of you are a priority.
Definition of conspiracy theory is as follows

I think particularly definition 3 fits your position almost perfectly. Why so defensive if you are on the side of truth?

The war started on 24th February 2022 when Russian troops and heavy armaments crossed the border of Ukraine. A decision made by the Russian government and the Russian government alone. There are no shades of grey with this. If Russia do not want this war they can end it tomorrow by simply ceasing hostilities and withdrawing to their borders. Which they seem awfully reluctant to do for an innocent country dragged into a war they don’t want. A war where they indisputably made the first aggressive move. (Or are we in the realms of “justified invasion”?).

If you have scientific peer tested proof that vaccines are unsafe I remain free to be convinced.

Under which statute or constitutional principle is providing aid to an ally illegal? You have clearly researched this. Is it illegal in just the UK, or the EU as well, what about the US, Australia? Is it illegal in the eyes of the UN who have condemned the invasion and called for reperations?

There are no bio labs in Ukraine. If you have proof otherwise from an independent source that would be a game changer and this is the perfect opportunity to present this, I’m prepared to wait until you get back. No hurry.

The Democrats have retained control of the Senate, and the Republican majority in the HoR is paper thin

And even then the vast majority of Republicans supported military aid to Ukraine.

Only 11 against.

And finally we live in the internet age. There are 1000s of pages available about this war, from multiple sources and in multiple countries. All available with a single search. How are you defining “unbiased”?

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Remember that guy who abandoned his long term partner and kids to run off with a Ukrainian refugee, in one of the years most touching love stories?

I am….unsurprised.

IAlreadyDespiseYou

Chatty Member
Biden is loosing his marbles and Putin is a lunatic with nuclear weapons. I don’t feel that confident that any meeting they had would be helpful to the world… 🤦‍♀️😂

Yel

Chatty Member
It was all filmed in a studio at the Mohave dessert. I'm so unique and not a sheep and saw the truth by a social media account called da_tru_tella who did a ticktick video on it. It all traces back to the vegan cake industry who are also behind bird flu to make eggs scarce and sell more vegan cakes 🤪

It's such a Russian move to take a gram of something with some truth and use that to totally misrepresent and paint a false narrative.

• Haha

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
I won't lie, I feel terrible for the people living in that building. I know most Russians have been apathetic at best to the suffering of Ukrainians during this war, but I'm still sad to see the senseless loss of life.
Could they have crashed it deliberately. The Russian crew ejected from the plane before it crashed into the building.
I wonder if the crew was still in Russia when they ejected, or were they in Ukraine and caught to be interrogated hopefully.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
War has laws. Geneva conventions. You can NOT kill civilians. This is why lawful combatants HAVE TO wear uniform and carry weapons openly - so they can be identified as lawful combatants. Equally, it is a war crime to disguise yourself in civilian clothes.
It‘s been often stated that the first casualty of war is truth. I can guarantee that the second one is basic humanity.

Russians are evil disgusting bastatds.
Russia has been an autocratic country almost since it’s inception. They have never known any different. The origins of the country lies in the House of Rurik, who were basically violent Viking raiders who were able to intimidate the largely peaceful indigenous farming communities by navigating rivers and slaughtering everyone. They developed into the first Tsars and continued to forcibly annexe land.

The 1917 revolution was supposed to fix that but made matters worse. If you have a strong stomach I would advise you to read up on Beria and his ….. extracurricular…. activities. And he was the head of state security😲.

I guess what we have learned from Russia is be it the Tsars, Lenin, Stalin, or now Putin. When you spend all your life plotting to obtain power you sure as hell don’t just surrender it. It’s the way of dictators everywhere.

Last edited:

emm

VIP Member
Very sad story involving a Ukrainian refugee and her 8 yr old ( Ireland) there's no support for these people they've basically just been left and it's taking a toll.
The situation in Ireland is really bad, but badly thought out, Dublin is SO short of housing as it is, they cannot also let in loads of other people with no real plan

VC10

VIP Member
We must assist. We can't fight for them , but bullies must be stopped. It all costs money. Defence costs an awful lot of money.
I like to live in the West & be defended/protected.
I never want people here or in europe to have to live as the ukraines are.
Democracy instead of a dictatorship, and Citizens freedoms cost - and not only in money. In Ukraine, with deaths, maiming , physical attacks , and curtailment of lifestyles and a constant threat stress of losing family .
Ukranians have had their kids ripped from them and taken to Russia for forced adoptions/slave labour. Theyll never see them again or know if they are alive or dead, being abused .
The Russian dictatorship is fucking abhorrent.
Of course, we must assist . Costs are immaterial.

• Heart